Thread: I’m Israeli. Netanyahu Is Wrong.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,851 Times in 14,189 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default I’m Israeli. Netanyahu Is Wrong.

Personally, I believe they should come. I believe they should have come along with 72 of their fellow congresspeople on the trip sponsored by AIPAC. Certainly, they could have added to the trip those things they had planned for their own, such as meeting with Palestinian groups in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

And if they really wanted to find ways to understand the conflict, to create peace and stability for the people of this region, they could visit the Tel Aviv Port at night as I did this week, where I found Muslims and Jews all enjoying a hot summer evening, ultra-Orthodox Jews pushing their children on the swings beside religious Muslims.

They could come to Haifa, where Arabs make up 41% of the student body of the schools and universities. And I wish they could come and sit with the coexistence groups who work together such as the interfaith dialogue group which brought together Israeli Jews and Palestinian Authority Arab youth for meetings every two weeks.

I wish they would come and see with their own eyes how people here who actually live this conflict work to resolve it. It’s impossible to come to this country, to see the reality in which we live, and not understand a bit more. Even just interacting with Israelis, as human beings, has value.

And yet, even just interacting with Israelis in the most minimal of ways, as human beings, has value. I’m sad that my Prime Minister has denied us the chance to show them what we are made of, how much we want peace and security for both peoples. Perhaps we could have found a way to get through. Now, we’ll never know.

Thanks to our Prime Minister, this will not happen.

https://forward.com/opinion/429625/b...is-making-our/
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

moon (08-19-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tlaib should have gone to see granny, but she cancelled her own trip. Tlaib must hate family.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    hating your own brother is the way of islam, according to the scribbles of the false prophet mohamed [damned forever]. it is a shame that fake jews also hate their own brethren.
    But didn't Omar marry her own brother?
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

from the article.

Of course, the Congresswomen’s itinerary did not include my suggestions. The itinerary of their trip to “Palestine” — not Israel — is loaded with meetings with some of the most anti-Israel and anti-Semitic activists, as well as supporters of terror. It is a fully one sided trip, sponsored by an organization that spreads anti-Semitic blood libels, and includes no efforts to speak to Israelis or those working together towards an end to the conflict
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-19-2019), cancel2 2022 (08-18-2019)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Tlaib should have gone to see granny, but she cancelled her own trip. Tlaib must hate family.
    Not true. But as good as we can expect from you.

8. The Following 2 Users Groan At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-19-2019), cancel2 2022 (08-19-2019)

9. #6 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Personally, I believe they should come. I believe they should have come along with 72 of their fellow congresspeople on the trip sponsored by AIPAC. Certainly, they could have added to the trip those things they had planned for their own, such as meeting with Palestinian groups in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

And if they really wanted to find ways to understand the conflict, to create peace and stability for the people of this region, they could visit the Tel Aviv Port at night as I did this week, where I found Muslims and Jews all enjoying a hot summer evening, ultra-Orthodox Jews pushing their children on the swings beside religious Muslims.

They could come to Haifa, where Arabs make up 41% of the student body of the schools and universities. And I wish they could come and sit with the coexistence groups who work together such as the interfaith dialogue group which brought together Israeli Jews and Palestinian Authority Arab youth for meetings every two weeks.

I wish they would come and see with their own eyes how people here who actually live this conflict work to resolve it. It’s impossible to come to this country, to see the reality in which we live, and not understand a bit more. Even just interacting with Israelis, as human beings, has value.

And yet, even just interacting with Israelis in the most minimal of ways, as human beings, has value. I’m sad that my Prime Minister has denied us the chance to show them what we are made of, how much we want peace and security for both peoples. Perhaps we could have found a way to get through. Now, we’ll never know.

Thanks to our Prime Minister, this will not happen.

https://forward.com/opinion/429625/b...is-making-our/
    You're an Israeli living in Israel claiming to have served in the US military and hating white Americans your own age?
    No wonder everyone thinks you're a retarded bigoted racist asshole.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-19-2019), Evmetro (08-19-2019)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,520 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

A few days ago the Israeli government announced that it would refuse entry to a congressional delegation led by Rep. Ilhan Omar and Rep. Rashida Tlaib.

It’s a shocking and cynical move right out of the authoritarian playbook to be so afraid of criticism that you slam the door shut rather than welcoming open conversation.

The Israeli government says Rep. Tlaib -- and just Rep. Tlaib -- would be permitted ‘on humanitarian grounds’ to visit her 90 year old grandmother, who lives in the West Bank, but Rep. Tlaib has bravely rejected the cruel choice of deciding between her family and silencing her voice.

This moment is about more than a Congresswoman wanting to visit her family. It is about the right of all Members of Congress to see for themselves the impact of U.S. foreign policy. It’s about everyone’s right to not be discriminated against for who they are, the policy positions they take, the color of their skin, or their religion or spirituality.

That’s why we’re asking all our Members of Congress to stand in solidarity with Reps. Tlaib and Omar and commit not to travel to Israel until they are allowed to enter without preconditions. Add your name to join us.

https://act.winwithoutwar.org/act/te....464122.eupzqa
    Don't support Izraeli fascism. Support your own Congress.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You're an Israeli living in Israel claiming to have served in the US military and hating white Americans your own age?
    No wonder everyone thinks you're a r......... ( bigoted racist asshole.
    The reply to this should be verrrrrrrry interrrrrrresting

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't support Izraeli fascism. Support your own Congress.
    I wonder if Taib was intending to meet people like the author of the OP article or to meet people like moon.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Not true. But as good as we can expect from you.
    They don't even try anymore. They just throw shit out and see what will stick.

THE PRESIDENT of THE US CALLED AN ALLY AND TOLD THEM NOT TO ALLOW 2 SITTING CONGRESSPEOPLE INTO HIS COUNTRY! Wow, what can one say?

WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same