Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biden: 'There's an awful lot of really good Republicans out there'

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Clever on his part from a big picture perspective but the snowflakes will hate it.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Clever on his part from a big picture perspective but the snowflakes will hate it.
    Biden campain is running on fumes - no way he gets the nomination

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    So you don't deny the attempts @ intimidation??
    What, you mean liberal senators threatening SCOTUS?
    Every life matters

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,661 Times in 16,589 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Biden campain is running on fumes - no way he gets the nomination
    Who else would get it?

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

That's the Democrats -party unity. The Republicans are masquerading as a "party" when push comes to shove
    That’s not true. Go look at the Obama years, Republicans were very unified against him. And, for example, look at the democrats that supported Bush’s tax cuts and Iraq War (cherry picking two examples of the past).

I know you are passionate about the wall and tariffs but the reality is those are not traditional republican positions. And as a free trader myself I know there are many who are glad there are republicans in congress who are standing up against it. They wouldn’t support this if a D did it and they are not going to support it because a R does.

You and others are free to disagree of course but it’s consistent with their positions of the past.

Edit: and look at Republican support for trump. Very high. Hardly a party lacking unity

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Biden is definitely old school in this mindset. The nature of the beast today, especially in the internet/social media era, is you’re either on my “side/team” or you are evil. And there is no in between.
    Moscow Mitch

your party is run by racists who embrace Putin

we hate traitors

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Who else would get it?
    TD may have called it with the homosexual.
    He can't win but he is not the freak show the rest are.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I realize the quislings like McConnell and Ryan are two faced liars that strung Trump out on legislation the wall - does that make them #neverTrump or were they corporate whores already beforehand?
    Either way they did not deliver what the majority of Repubs want ( not all -majority) -and they slow-walked the newbie Trump

2019 looks to be yet another year of 1,000,000+ plus illegal crossings.
    Mexico and Guatemala are doing more to stop the flow then the US Congress
    You are 100% free to disagree with those don't want a wall and if you think folks who don't support a wall are corporate whores that is your right as well. I'm saying this has been a long held position by many Republicans, well before Trump.

If you came to me and said these Republicans all supported a wall before Trump and now don't then I'd buy your #nevertrump premise. But these folks haven't supported a wall in the past.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

You are 100% free to disagree with those don't want a wall and if you think folks who don't support a wall are corporate whores that is your right as well. I'm saying this has been a long held position by many Republicans, well before Trump.

If you came to me and said these Republicans all supported a wall before Trump and now don't then I'd buy your #nevertrump premise. But these folks haven't supported a wall in the past.
    I support the Wall 100%!
    As long as it's as Trump promised, "Mexico will pay for the Wall"
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Frankly I'm not interested in Establishment Republicans -they are the same Swamp as the Dems with the added baggage of being a bunch of losers. One reason I will never be a Republican long term

My point thpgh was on the quisling leadership. Ryan and McConnel both slow walked ( read killed) any chance for a wall first term.
    They didn't even bring it to the floor, but they sure got their tax plan done.
    Both are equally important if for different reasons. I am pretty sure if they had advanced the wall that would have passed as well -but they didn't even try

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That’s not true. Go look at the Obama years, Republicans were very unified against him. And, for example, look at the democrats that supported Bush’s tax cuts and Iraq War (cherry picking two examples of the past).

I know you are passionate about the wall and tariffs but the reality is those are not traditional republican positions. And as a free trader myself I know there are many who are glad there are republicans in congress who are standing up against it. They wouldn’t support this if a D did it and they are not going to support it because a R does.

You and others are free to disagree of course but it’s consistent with their positions of the past.

Edit: and look at Republican support for trump. Very high. Hardly a party lacking unity
    they can't pass anything except tax cuts ?and that is unity? Maybe it's the leadership.

The trade negotiations are really not about tariffs -they are about curbing Chinese malign behavior as well
    IPR theft/forced Joint venture/espionage -and flagrant violations of WTO protocols.

You cn't have "free trade" if China is putting tariffs on our exports,and we not theirs.
    IOW's free trade does require "fair trade" -the choice is that or continue the slow bleeding of jobs
    and billions a year in trade deficits to China.

I don't support tariffs either except as a necessary means to an end -and you can see just how much resistence China is giving after years of coddling by the US ( both partys)

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Biden is definitely old school in this mindset. The nature of the beast today, especially in the internet/social media era, is you’re either on my “side/team” or you are evil. And there is no in between.
    Kinda funny how so many ppl take Joe so seriously all the time........

He is working a campaign slogan/strategy... Reaching out to get the nom & across the aisle @ the same time........

While many, if not most in the dem party tend to dismiss & write off those ppl, & cringe @ the thought of reaching out to them-like hillary, he isn't writing them off just yet.....

That does seem to annoy some ppl..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Frankly I'm not interested in Establishment Republicans -they are the same Swamp as the Dems with the added baggage of being a bunch of losers. One reason I will never be a Republican long term

My point thpgh was on the quisling leadership. Ryan and McConnel both slow walked ( read killed) any chance for a wall first term.
    They didn't even bring it to the floor, but they sure got their tax plan done.
    Both are equally important if for different reasons. I am pretty sure if they had advanced the wall that would have passed as well -but they didn't even try
    TBH, I didn't follow the wall funding (or anything Congress did) all that closely but my limited understanding is they didn't have the votes which isn't surprising. I'm not sure if being against a wall makes one an establishment Republican or not, plenty of Libertarians are against it, but it's never been a subject all Republicans supported.

Congress is definitely broken and it's far more than just elect more Republicans or elect more Democrats. It's deeper than that.

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

RINO!!!!!!!!!
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

they can't pass anything except tax cuts ?and that is unity? Maybe it's the leadership.

The trade negotiations are really not about tariffs -they are about curbing Chinese malign behavior as well
    IPR theft/forced Joint venture/espionage -and flagrant violations of WTO protocols.

You cn't have "free trade" if China is putting tariffs on our exports,and we not theirs.
    IOW's free trade does require "fair trade" -the choice is that or continue the slow bleeding of jobs
    and billions a year in trade deficits to China.

I don't support tariffs either except as a necessary means to an end -and you can see just how much resistence China is giving after years of coddling by the US ( both partys)
    They have plenty of unity in passing outrageous spending bills. But again I point to the Obama years. That was basically the definition of party unity.

China needs to be addressed and ultimately it needs to be done on a bi-partisan basis because it's that important of an issue to the country. But tariffs which punish the global economy and ourselves isn't the way to go about it. It will ultimately take an (American led) effort between America and allies going against Beijing. Not how we're going about it now.