Thread: TSA worker fired after video shows her passing note to traveler: 'You ugly'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf TSA worker fired after video shows her passing note to traveler: 'You ugly'

What kinda ppl are they hiring??? WTF???

A security worker at a New York airport has been fired after video footage showed her passing a rude note to a traveler walking through a security checkpoint.

Neal Strassner told WROC that he was walking through a security checkpoint at the Greater Rochester International Airport in Rochester, N.Y. when a security guard handed him a note. As he walked away, she allegedly yelled out to him, "You going to open the note?"

When Strassner opened the note, which read "You ugly!!!" the employee can be seen bursting out in laughter in the footage from the airport security cameras.

The unnamed employee can then be seen ripping cardboard from what appears to be a box of nitrile gloves, the medical grade latex-free gloves often used by security personnel at airports, and jotting down another note.

News 8 - WROC-TV

@News_8

UPDATE: The airport security employee has been fired, according to TSA. Here's the video of the employee passing the mean note, laughing about it, and reaching for more paper to begin writing again. #ROC
    1:20 PM - Aug 15, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

161 people are talking about this

Strassner told the station that he obtained video of the interaction through a Freedom of Information request. He added that it took over a month for him to receive the footage.

The Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) , through a Screening Partnership Program, hires independent security companies throughout the nation. This employee was not an official TSA or airport employee and was employed through a third party, VMD Corp., a security company based in Virginia.

VMD Corp. did not immediately respond to Yahoo Lifestyle’s requests for comment. However, TSA confirmed the employee had been fired.

A TSA representative provided a statement to Yahoo on the incident.

"TSA holds contractors to the highest ethical standards and has zero tolerance for this type of behavior. This instance, which involved a contract employee, was investigated immediately upon receiving the complaint by the traveler. The employee has since been terminated by the contractor,” the statement said.

Yahoo Lifestyle was not able to locate Strassner for comment. But in an email to WROC, he wrote, "I’m really curious what the other notes said. I travel a lot and the airport normally is spectacular. This was a totally weird event that they [VMD Corp.] seemed to handle properly. I travel a lot and just want to make sure they get some credit to their organization and don’t let one lady trash their whole reputation.”
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

based af
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maturity of a 4th grader... Cameras everywhere....

Lots of the ones I have ran into where challenged & I would honestly say borderline special needs....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Maturity of a 4th grader... Cameras everywhere....

Lots of the ones I have ran into where challenged & I would honestly say borderline special needs....
    I travel a lot and I've generally found them to be OK. Not the brightest lot, but at least a couple of notches above "challeged".

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I travel a lot and I've generally found them to be OK. Not the brightest lot, but at least a couple of notches above "challeged".
    I had one, when my daughter was leaving Sacramento & it was rather emotional, lots of her friends crying etc (& me)... This women creeps up to the rail & tells us we gotta move back, like we are ready to storm it.... She says don't stand between me & the rail, which is 8-10 ft.. We are standing there & she moves back telling us we are getting closer..

SO I had it & called her on it....... We went back & fourth & my daughters friends etc so I let it go & on the way out I walked right up in her face & told her that her lil power trip was going to get her in trouble & she prob has enough probs already....