Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shell Workers Had To Attend Trump Speech To Be Paid, Were Ordered Not To Protest: Rep

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Who's political platform Paid people to pretend?
    Shell corp. It wasn't supposed to be a political rally, but trump broke campaign laws again.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,415 Times in 16,404 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Shell corp. It wasn't supposed to be a political rally, but trump broke campaign laws again.
    How?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    It was 1.5 pay, too:

"Smith told Business Insider that on-site workers have a 56-hour workweek, which provides for 16 hours of overtime. As such, workers who didn't attend Trump's speech and took the PTO would not be eligible to receive that overtime"

"An anonymous union leader told the Post-Gazette that one day of work could amount to around $700 in pay, benefits, and a per diem payment for out-of-town workers."

Well NO WONDER the crowd was that big!

And so must have been the expense for the corporation to pay workers so much to do nothing productive. And they get to write this political expenditure off as a pre-tax expense? Looks to me like they probably violated tax law. I don't know. It doesn't look right.

Business Insider
    It's more accurate to say that if they didn't attend, they wouldn't get the overtime pay for hours worked later in the week under the mandatory 56 hour work week.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They've done this in the past for celebrities, so, they've been possibly violating tax laws in the past-oh dear....That being said....I can't find an article that says how many Shell empoyees attended this event. You say "no wonder the crowd was so big"...so I'm assuming you did find numbers? Please share
    LMAO...only if Pittsburgh athletes were running for office.

SMH

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    And signalless continues to lie by omission! Kind of forgot to say that it was overtime pay for attending not regular pay, that their coworkers would receive if they attended. Lying sack of shit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...?noredirect=on
    Wrong

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How?
    You don't read Politalker's posts to you?

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LMAO...only if Pittsburgh athletes were running for office.

SMH
    ????

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Only as many as were forced to show up, and keep their mouths shut if they disagreed with his myriad lies.
    That's the union's problem (whoever wrote the memo/demand), isn't it? Not the first time they mandated this kind of attendance....

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You don't read Politalker's posts to you?
    I did...

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

No, but you did give me an "answer" to my question, which I will check out. Why didn't you just do that in the beginning? I thought we were "good"..you needn't get snippy with me
    Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I did rub it in. I didn't have to do that.

I already had the goods to shut down your argument.

I didn't search for the numbers in the beginning because, while I am prone to sometimes very time-consuming research to support a post, I am not extraordinarily motivated to perform time-consuming searches on demand.

But it's good to meet challenges, sometimes. For whatever it was worth. Those numbers didn't change my position at all. Did they yours?

What does it matter if it was tens, hundreds or thousands, anyway? What the Shell plant did is wrong, quasi-legal, and if they are not held to task for it, they are thinking they got away with something because they found a loophole. Their objective is not to obey the law of the land, but to find a way around it.

This is unAmerican. Nobody should have their pay withheld for not being subjected to a political speech. That's not freedom. That's forced propaganda. Did you read that memo?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

It's more accurate to say that if they didn't attend, they wouldn't get the overtime pay for hours worked later in the week under the mandatory 56 hour work week.
    No, that's not more accurate, it's just the biased way you want to rephrase it.

These workers get paid for 56 hours a week. They have to do what they are told for those 56 hours to get their pay. They were told to stop normal work and attend this Trump Rally, and if they didn't like it, they didn't have to go, BUT if that was their choice they would be shorted a half day of overtime pay.

They were told by their employer to go to a partisan political rally and threatened with loss of a big part of their normal paycheck if they exercised their freedom not to go. And they were forbidden against speaking freely during the event.

This is wrong.

This is so against freedom.

If these 5000 workers are normally causing the plant to be run, they must have had to shut down or severely restrict operations during this time.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I did rub it in. I didn't have to do that.

I already had the goods to shut down your argument.

I didn't search for the numbers in the beginning because, while I am prone to sometimes very time-consuming research to support a post, I am not extraordinarily motivated to perform time-consuming searches on demand.

But it's good to meet challenges, sometimes. For whatever it was worth. Those numbers didn't change my position at all. Did they yours?

What does it matter if it was tens, hundreds or thousands, anyway? What the Shell plant did is wrong, quasi-legal, and if they are not held to task for it, they are thinking they got away with something because they found a loophole. Their objective is not to obey the law of the land, but to find a way around it.

This is unAmerican. Nobody should have their pay withheld for not being subjected to a political speech. That's not freedom. That's forced propaganda. Did you read that memo?
    I still don't have a "count".... ...and no proof that if someone chose not to attend, they got docked...
    This isn't the first time Shell did this...but the first time we've heard about it....so...I need more specifics before I make a final judgment...
    I appreciate your opinion, though...and the "apology" I'll do the rest of the research....TY again...

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

I still don't have a "count".... ...and no proof that if someone chose not to attend, they got docked...
    This isn't the first time Shell did this...but the first time we've heard about it....so...I need more specifics before I make a final judgment...
    I appreciate your opinion, though...and the "apology" I'll do the rest of the research....TY again...
    My pleasure.

I'm not here to trash you. Just your views if I disagree with them.

So why did you want those numbers so badly anyway?

Is a wrong not as wrong if it was done to fewer people?

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

My pleasure.

I'm not here to trash you. Just your views if I disagree with them.

So why did you want those numbers so badly anyway?

Is a wrong not as wrong if it was done to fewer people?
    I know...I'm just curious...
    considering it was "union mandated"...Have you ever belonged to a union? One not "mandatory, but".....

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would have quit immediately and gone to see a labor lawyer, fuck overtime pay