Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shell Workers Had To Attend Trump Speech To Be Paid, Were Ordered Not To Protest: Rep

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default Shell Workers Had To Attend Trump Speech To Be Paid, Were Ordered Not To Protest: Rep

Shell Workers Had To Attend Trump Speech To Be Paid, Were Ordered Not To Protest: Report

They were instructed: “No yelling, shouting, protesting or anything viewed as resistance,” according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Workers at a massive new Shell plant in Pennsylvania had to attend a speech by President Donald Trump there earlier this week to be paid — and were ordered not to protest, reported the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Attendance was not mandatory for thousands of union workers at Royal Dutch Shell’s petrochemical plant north of Pittsburgh, but they had to forfeit pay for the day if they skipped, according to attendance and comportment information obtained by the newspaper.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/penns...b056fafd0c08db

2. The Following User Groans At signalmankenneth For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-18-2019)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-17-2019), evince (08-17-2019), Jade Dragon (08-17-2019), Phantasmal (08-17-2019), PoliTalker (08-17-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Shell Workers Had To Attend Trump Speech To Be Paid, Were Ordered Not To Protest: Report

They were instructed: “No yelling, shouting, protesting or anything viewed as resistance,” according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Workers at a massive new Shell plant in Pennsylvania had to attend a speech by President Donald Trump there earlier this week to be paid — and were ordered not to protest, reported the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Attendance was not mandatory for thousands of union workers at Royal Dutch Shell’s petrochemical plant north of Pittsburgh, but they had to forfeit pay for the day if they skipped, according to attendance and comportment information obtained by the newspaper.

Cannot wait until this orange monstrosity is gone but in order to get rid of the malignancy which caused this symptom, we have to keep the right wing and neoliberals as far away from the seats of power as possible. Just a shame that they had the last few years since Trump to pack the courts with their corporate tools.

5. #3 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Cannot wait until this orange monstrosity is gone but in order to get rid of the malignancy which caused this symptom, we have to keep the right wing and neoliberals as far away from the seats of power as possible. Just a shame that they had the last few years since Trump to pack the courts with their corporate tools.
    You'll have to wait until 2024. Can you wait that long? Or are you going to need more coloring books, therapy pets and Play-Doh?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Callinectes (08-18-2019), Sailor (08-17-2019), TOP (08-17-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just yesterday we were talking about this, in the thread about his recent rally w/out much pep or attendance............ "he will have to start giving stuff away to beef up attendance".........

& the next day we get this..........

While it wasn't (perhaps ) trump's doing or knowledge of~ BUT HE KNOWS NOW.............
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

9. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (08-18-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

So how many went?

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Wow. Imagine that. Having such a stupid political platform that you have to actually pay people to pretend to be interested. Is that messed up or what?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (08-18-2019), christiefan915 (08-17-2019), signalmankenneth (08-17-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Just yesterday we were talking about this, in the thread about his recent rally w/out much pep or attendance............ "he will have to start giving stuff away to beef up attendance".........

& the next day we get this..........

While it wasn't (perhaps ) trump's doing or knowledge of~ BUT HE KNOWS NOW.............
    "Mr. Fisher said Friday that “this was treated as a paid training day with a guest speaker who happened to be the president.”

He said workers engaged in “safety training and other activities” in the morning.

“It’s not uncommon for us to shut down the site for quarterly visits from VIPs — popular sports figures like Rocky Bleier and Franco Harris have visited the site to engage with workers and to share inspirational messages. Shell/Penske NASCAR driver Joey Logano was another guest at the site,” Mr. Fisher said."
    Did the media implode when the other shut downs occurred?
    Still curious what the numbers were....

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Callinectes (08-18-2019), PoliTalker (08-17-2019), Stretch (08-19-2019), USFREEDOM911 (08-18-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello signalmankenneth,

Wow. Imagine that. Having such a stupid political platform that you have to actually pay people to pretend to be interested. Is that messed up or what?
    Who's political platform Paid people to pretend?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Callinectes (08-18-2019)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You'll have to wait until 2024. Can you wait that long? Or are you going to need more coloring books, therapy pets and Play-Doh?
    Did you hear his rambling, scary and repetitive speech at his rally? Trump is losing whatever he had left and you ignore it as Trumplestilskins do.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 179 Times in 168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    how many people will trump nutters kill when trumpy is sent back to trumpy towers
    Trump Towers
    666 Barack H Obama Avenue

That has a nice sound to it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to John Barron For This Post:

Althea (08-18-2019)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Barron View Post
    Trump Towers
    666 Barack H Obama Avenue

That has a nice sound to it.
    LOL...keep me posted

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Who's political platform Paid people to pretend?
    Obviously, powerful Trump fans at plant management thought ordering workers to pretend to be interested in Trump was the thing to do, and they had the power to do it, so they did. It will cost them to pay the workers to be non-productive, but that cost will be booked as labor expense so won't be taxed. Ordinarily, political expenditures should be paid with profits - money that has been taxed. This is a way to make a political expenditure which uses pre-tax money.

It was funny reading the statement about how this was 'to be treated.' What's that mean? It's not what it is? Paying people to listen to Trump? That's stupid. Everybody can see what it is.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (08-18-2019)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello TOP,

Obviously, powerful Trump fans at plant management thought ordering workers to pretend to be interested in Trump was the thing to do, and they had the power to do it, so they did. It will cost them to pay the workers to be non-productive, but that cost will be booked as labor expense so won't be taxed. Ordinarily, political expenditures should be paid with profits - money that has been taxed. This is a way to make a political expenditure which uses pre-tax money.

It was funny reading the statement about how this was 'to be treated.' What's that mean? It's not what it is? Paying people to listen to Trump? That's stupid. Everybody can see what it is.
    This isn't anything new for the company....they've done it (this training day) before, as I pointed out...
    What's the problem?

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This isn't anything new for the company....they've done it (this training day) before, as I pointed out...
    What's the problem?
    If you don't see the problem nothing I can say will change your mind.

Not only were was Trump's fake crowd paid to be there, but they were coached on how to act.

That's what dictators do. That's not freedom.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (08-18-2019)