Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: LYING DONNIE says he got more fans in NH than ELTON JOHN--'cept all the empty seats

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hi Bill,

So true. I do agree. We see a lot more frustration and venting than listening and learning.

I originally began chatting politics online because I was driving my work buddies crazy wanting to talk about politics. They finally had to put their foot down and ask me to stop. I was incredulous. To me it was so important that the nation be actively engaged in the political process, and many of our problems arise specifically because people simply do not know what's going on, and by not talking about it, the problem was perpetuated. Here I was trying to raise the awareness level and they were just annoyed with me for it. So I obliged them and found online chat rooms to scratch my itch.

My SO didn't understand my growing passion for the political process. Thought I was 'wasting my time.' Naturally, I saw it differently. But I was challenged with the question: 'What are you accomplishing? You're never going to convince any of those other people that you are right and they are wrong. So just what are you accomplishing?"

I had to think about my answer. To me, it seemed like I was doing the right thing, being engaged in the process, like the Constitution depends on. I realized I was better informed for it. That's what is being accomplished. And along the way, I have also matured. I transformed from the very confrontational poster I began as to the easy-going carefully respectful poster I now am. I am now able to talk politics with anybody of any view and not get angry. That's huge. Most people can't really do that. They get so animated when politics comes up. I think that's because there is this pox on talking about politics or religion. Like you're not supposed to at social gatherings. That little social rule really hurts our nation. The reason people get angry is because they are frustrated and feel powerless. They want to quickly place blame and simplify.

Through online chat I have learned to calmly listen to others in real life as they say things that once would have made me angry. I let them finish and then I challenge their views with crucial points, going right to the heart of the matter, speaking directly to the subject. If I get the chance. A lot of people these days are so ADD they can't speak to one issue but instead go rambling from issue to issue, or they want to interrupt whomever is speaking so they can blurt what's on their mind about what was just said, without hearing the rest, perhaps fearful that if they listen more they will forget what they wanted to say to that one point.

That short attention span thing makes people embarrassed, so that could account for their reluctance to engage in a deep political conversation. And it's so easy to destroy a conversation with anger and insults that many simply can't resist, can't help themselves, using that technique as an easy way out of a conversation they feel they might be over their heads in. And we see that happening here as well. You back somebody into a corner on an issue and they have no good recourse so they destroy the conversation with insults just to get out of it.

After I realized all of this I had to ask myself what was left for me with online chatting. That's when I realized that what I get is invaluable insight. I get two big things: I get informed, and I learn why other people believe the things they do. I get informed by forcing myself to do research and look things up that I'm commenting on. This frequently leads to modifying my view. I learn what motivates other views by challenging the things others say. That's where I learn if they have good logic, or if they are simply motivated by emotion. All the people on my Ignore List are motivated by emotion. They fear the unknown, and reject it. And they get angry if you challenge them on their view. That's when they turn on you. So I have no problem putting them on Ignore because I already learned why they hold their views. I have no more use in talking to them.

When I find so many of opposing views who have no good logic for their beliefs it serves to reaffirm my own convictions about what I believe. It is reassuring to me to have a good grasp of what's going on in the world, and to know that I am joined by many who do share my views. And for the ones who don't, but are able to respectfully discuss the issues, I secretly hope that they (and the ignored ones who read my posts) will think about my words after the fact and, even if they never admit it to me, see some logic in my view, and realize they were unable to present anything which soundly disputed it, so maybe I was really onto something. I'll never know, but it doesn't really matter. I got what I came for and I also got to state my position for others to see. And that scratches the itch.
    Some very, very good points...... (Many of us here, that are here not so just troll, have similar evolution's...lol)

I usually don't talk politics on social media & try to avoid it in my personal life w/ friends acquaintances, neighbors etc although not always successfully...lol

I will always listen to their POV, which is often a rambling of halfs, half truths & half cocked parroting of something someone told them, they read on the internet etc etc etc..

I never challenge them, but rather ask a question on one of those half baked facts.. This is done to make them think & NOT PUT THEM ON THE DEFENSIVE.......

Some topics I won't discuss w/ them either because they are emotional, as you mentioned or it is to complicated to put into a satisfactory nutshell in the time we'll have together..

If they are knowledgeable, logical & can rationally explain & define what they believe, & more importantly, WHY, I will totally respect that, eventhough I may not agree w/ their opinions or conclusions...... We are all coming from different places, experiences & backgrounds~ that we would all come to the same conclusions on every issue is totally illogical IMHO anyway...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I have no idea how many ELTON JOHN got and how far back lying Donnie had to go to get the #. Maybe Elton filled it or not. The liar DIDN'T.

PS Advance people let those seats behind him,"camera view," EMPTY? Bad advance work. That should never happen. Unless FOX put up the wrong photo. I'm sure they aren't allowed to LEAVE early.

Capacity of venue is 11,700. Good crowd especially for NH so lie about it?

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

· 1h

Great news! Tonight, we broke the all-time attendance record previously held by Elton John at #SNHUArena in Manchester, New Hampshire! https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1162175486560280577 …
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Thank you New Hampshire. KEEP AMERICA GREAT! #KAG2020

Helen Kennedy
    @HelenKennedy

Lol you cropped out the upper tier, which was half empty.
    [/URL]

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

· 1h

Great news! Tonight, we broke the all-time attendance record previously held by Elton John at #SNHUArena in Manchester, New Hampshire! https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1162175486560280577 …
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Thank you New Hampshire. KEEP AMERICA GREAT! #KAG2020

Shugar
    @GregShugar

You sure bro?
    [/video]
    https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/tru...d-empty-seats/
    Trump is delusional, he's underwater in NH.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    As you can see and also if you watch the video of the rally on the link I provided, the place was packed to the limit allowed.
    Any few possible couple hundred empty seats were because they were way up in the rafters behind the stage and so they chose to stand on the
    floor where about a thousand people were standing. Plus there was another few thousand outside watching on the jumbo tron (also shown in my rally thread).
    The 12 empty seats to the side were a reserved VIP for a certain group (notice the identical T-shirts).
    So, all tolled there were maybe 14 or 15,000 in attendance.
    Try to relax and enjoy the Dem meetings with a few hundred.
    The reality; Trump in underwater in NH. Also those were not all NH people at that rally.

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    TDS is an affliction

all I can suggest is drugs
    What drugs do you do?????????????????

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Always packing them in...

Sad the leader of the free world is a petty dolt that brags about how many ppl attended his rally in a shithole state.
    Bill I live in NH

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Trust me the place was hopping, packed to the rafters, inside and out the crowds were huge...Trump's enthusiasm is through the roof, his supporters are even more behind him than they were in 2016.

It's over nut**bag nation, send us Joe, send us Pocahontas , send us the Black hooker, matters little
    Were you there???

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Bill I live in NH
    AAAAhhh, sorry, I meant Vermont..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What difference does it make about the crow size in NH; Trump is underwater here in NH.

https://politicalwire.com/2019/03/28...new-hampshire/
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-election-odds

9. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,665 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Were you there???
    Were you?

10. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What difference does it make about the crow size in NH; Trump is underwater here in NH.

https://politicalwire.com/2019/03/28...new-hampshire/
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-election-odds
    Keep us posted

11. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill,

So true. I do agree. We see a lot more frustration and venting than listening and learning.

I originally began chatting politics online because I was driving my work buddies crazy wanting to talk about politics. They finally had to put their foot down and ask me to stop. I was incredulous. To me it was so important that the nation be actively engaged in the political process, and many of our problems arise specifically because people simply do not know what's going on, and by not talking about it, the problem was perpetuated. Here I was trying to raise the awareness level and they were just annoyed with me for it. So I obliged them and found online chat rooms to scratch my itch.

My SO didn't understand my growing passion for the political process. Thought I was 'wasting my time.' Naturally, I saw it differently. But I was challenged with the question: 'What are you accomplishing? You're never going to convince any of those other people that you are right and they are wrong. So just what are you accomplishing?"

I had to think about my answer. To me, it seemed like I was doing the right thing, being engaged in the process, like the Constitution depends on. I realized I was better informed for it. That's what is being accomplished. And along the way, I have also matured. I transformed from the very confrontational poster I began as to the easy-going carefully respectful poster I now am. I am now able to talk politics with anybody of any view and not get angry. That's huge. Most people can't really do that. They get so animated when politics comes up. I think that's because there is this pox on talking about politics or religion. Like you're not supposed to at social gatherings. That little social rule really hurts our nation. The reason people get angry is because they are frustrated and feel powerless. They want to quickly place blame and simplify.

Through online chat I have learned to calmly listen to others in real life as they say things that once would have made me angry. I let them finish and then I challenge their views with crucial points, going right to the heart of the matter, speaking directly to the subject. If I get the chance. A lot of people these days are so ADD they can't speak to one issue but instead go rambling from issue to issue, or they want to interrupt whomever is speaking so they can blurt what's on their mind about what was just said, without hearing the rest, perhaps fearful that if they listen more they will forget what they wanted to say to that one point.

That short attention span thing makes people embarrassed, so that could account for their reluctance to engage in a deep political conversation. And it's so easy to destroy a conversation with anger and insults that many simply can't resist, can't help themselves, using that technique as an easy way out of a conversation they feel they might be over their heads in. And we see that happening here as well. You back somebody into a corner on an issue and they have no good recourse so they destroy the conversation with insults just to get out of it.

After I realized all of this I had to ask myself what was left for me with online chatting. That's when I realized that what I get is invaluable insight. I get two big things: I get informed, and I learn why other people believe the things they do. I get informed by forcing myself to do research and look things up that I'm commenting on. This frequently leads to modifying my view. I learn what motivates other views by challenging the things others say. That's where I learn if they have good logic, or if they are simply motivated by emotion. All the people on my Ignore List are motivated by emotion. They fear the unknown, and reject it. And they get angry if you challenge them on their view. That's when they turn on you. So I have no problem putting them on Ignore because I already learned why they hold their views. I have no more use in talking to them.

When I find so many of opposing views who have no good logic for their beliefs it serves to reaffirm my own convictions about what I believe. It is reassuring to me to have a good grasp of what's going on in the world, and to know that I am joined by many who do share my views. And for the ones who don't, but are able to respectfully discuss the issues, I secretly hope that they (and the ignored ones who read my posts) will think about my words after the fact and, even if they never admit it to me, see some logic in my view, and realize they were unable to present anything which soundly disputed it, so maybe I was really onto something. I'll never know, but it doesn't really matter. I got what I came for and I also got to state my position for others to see. And that scratches the itch.
    And yet, you fail to see or recognize how many of your own comments are simply motivated by emotion; because you continually make political denigrating comments, then ban those who disagree with your stance, and who respond in a similar matter.

I tend to believe that your co-workers demanded you stop; because of your ingrained and denied hypocrisy.

Can someone quote this, so poli the hypocrite has the opportunity to see this and maybe do some needed soul searching on his own behalf.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

12. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    And yet, you fail to see or recognize how many of your own comments are simply motivated by emotion; because you continually make political denigrating comments, then ban those who disagree with your stance, and who respond in a similar matter.

I tend to believe that your co-workers demanded you stop; because of your ingrained and denied hypocrisy.

Can someone quote this, so poli the hypocrite has the opportunity to see this and maybe do some needed soul searching on his own behalf.
    No problem

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (08-17-2019)

14. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    What are you all going to do when he's reelected?
    The answer to that, is easy to arrive at:

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

15. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Keep us posted
    Here are the raw numbers for Trump in the states that are expected to be competitive in the 2020 election:

New Hampshire: 39 percent approval, 58 percent disapproval

Wisconsin: 42 percent approval, 55 percent disapproval

Michigan: 42 percent approval, 54 percent disapproval

Iowa: 42 percent approval, 54 percent disapproval

Arizona: 45 percent approval, 51 percent disapproval

Pennsylvania 45 percent approval, 52 percent disapproval

Ohio: 46 percent approval, 50 percent disapproval

North Carolina: 46 percent approval, 50 percent disapproval

Florida: 48 percent approval, 48 percent disapproval

Indiana: 49 percent approval, 46 percent disapproval

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-17-2019)