Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden is not our guy!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    A Biden candidacy will be a Hillary Clinton 2016 redux. Biden will inspire or excite no one. Biden is establishment on steroids. If he is the candidate I will have to hold my nose at the voting box. I hope for the closest to FDR the party has to offer. The party left its Progressive roots and it will continue to pay for it.
    Biden is the worse possible candidate.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Biden is the worse possible candidate.
    A Biden candidacy will depress voter turnout.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

A Biden candidacy will depress voter turnout.
    It won't get out the importance youth vote!That's for sure!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kind of shaping up that most of us feel that way. I would prefer those two but Warren first and also Bernie in the mix.
    Preferring old white people? How very unwoke of you.
    Every life matters

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (08-16-2019), Truth Detector (08-16-2019)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Millennials will stay home.
    And help Trump win like they did the last time?

Biden offers nothing new and his weird "C'mon man. C'mon Donald" tough talk is just that...weird and empty and ineffectual. He is the faction of the party which became Republican-lite. If he is the candidate of course I will fall in line, but it would be a mistake to run with what he is offering which turns out to be "I'm not Trump"...how desperate and lame is that?! Most of the people want the forward thinking polices that a non establishment Dem is offering. Oh please...not Biden!
    I don't think so.

There is a large swath of centrist Democrats as well as independents across America who are not only sick of Trump's childishness but also sick of all the progressive sjw nonsense like demanding $15 an hour for burger flippers, free college and unlimited free health care for everyone and reparations. And that's not to mention constantly harping about racism and all the constant gay and feminist whining. If those are the things that inspire and excite progressives, fine but don't think that just because your wing of the party swallows that crap everyone else does.

Those progressive candidates cannot win the middle.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I think there are a lot of moderates and anti-Trump conservatives who could vote for Biden but not people like Harris or Warren. Biden was a long-time supporter of civil rights--I think the other Democrats are trying to unfairly smear his record on race to unite against the front runner.
    Yep..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I'm getting tired of Biden's asinine gaffes, he may be to old for the job?!!
    But that being said, if he is the nominee I will support and vote for him over Trump!
    If Biden keeps making these gaffes, the dems should look for another front running too?!!

trump is good 10 a day, no one bats an eye...

He needs a strong VP, someone that can take the heat, work w/ him & add a lil twist, a like this~
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I will NEVER vote for Harris and probably not Sanders either.

If the looney, far left, sjw progressive wing of the party nominates her, I just won't cast a vote for President. Try to do my part to help elect a Dem majority in Congress, so when Trump beats her, which he would, hopefully the Dems will control both houses and make him regret ever having been born.

I MIGHT vote for Warren.

I don't feel that way.

Biden might be the only Dem I'll vote for.
    It is easy for me to say that, I live in Calif so whoever gets the nom will win here..

I am familiar w/ her but was curious why you are so adamant??

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A Biden candidacy will be a Hillary Clinton 2016 redux. Biden will inspire or excite no one. Biden is establishment on steroids. If he is the candidate I will have to hold my nose at the voting box. I hope for the closest to FDR the party has to offer. The party left its Progressive roots and it will continue to pay for it.
    Maybe after all the chaos, hate & madness, maybe that is what ppl what, the known, plan-O bland-NORMAL..

Biden is anything but exciting & can win, can any of the others??

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Maybe after all the chaos, hate & madness, maybe that is what ppl what, the known, plan-O bland-NORMAL..

Biden is anything but exciting & can win, can any of the others??
    Most Americans are for the more Progressive policies whether they refer to it as such or not...smart gun legislation, addressing climate change, affordable healthcare and education, campaign finance reform, a woman's right to choose, taxing the rich, etc. Biden is more of the same old same old and the low turnout of 2016 will happen all over again as if we are in The Twilight Zone. Also, Biden's enormous baggage will provide unending fodder for the right.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I'm getting tired of Biden's asinine gaffes, he may be to old for the job?!!
    But that being said, if he is the nominee I will support and vote for him over Trump!
    If Biden keeps making these gaffes, the dems should look for another front running too?!!

Why don't Daffy Donald's gaffes count? He does it a lot more than anyone who ever ran before.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

I still think Bernie, Biden, and Trump are too damn old. Trump is the only one showing mental damage though. Trump makes no sense and has a 5th grde vocabulary. He is the dumbest guy we have had in the office.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Cinnabar (08-15-2019)

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    I still think Bernie, Biden, and Trump are too damn old. Trump is the only one showing mental damage though. Trump makes no sense and has a 5th grde vocabulary. He is the dumbest guy we have had in the office.
    Absolutely! An understatement. I always say that Dubya is so relieved that he no longer owns that title.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (08-16-2019)

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Most Americans are for the more Progressive policies whether they refer to it as such or not...smart gun legislation, addressing climate change, affordable healthcare and education, campaign finance reform, a woman's right to choose, taxing the rich, etc. Biden is more of the same old same old and the low turnout of 2016 will happen all over again as if we are in The Twilight Zone. Also, Biden's enormous baggage will provide unending fodder for the right.
    Sure, I would agree, given the list you gave........

Are you leaving anything out here??

Several of them are also proposing lots of free things, including for illegals........

IMHO offering all the "free stuff" is simply going to scare off many of the ppl you need to win........

I think Nomad pointed out very well-they aren't going to be able to get all that anyways..

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Nonsense.

None of those other gimmick candidates will ever be able to make good on their empty promises.

Without a 60 seat majority in the Senate, the Repugs will be able to block everything any Dem President tries to do.

At least Biden is running on a realistic platform and not making all kinds of phony, pie-in-the-sky gimmick promises ala Bernie Sanders.

Change does not come quickly in this country and as soon as the self-centered, youth, race and gender obsessed progressives figure that out, the better we'll all be.
    The DNC has already demonstrated that they are not interested in what their constituents want. There are court records to back that up.

I find your previous post quite interesting since it expressed your opinion that a Biden run would probably fail.

Frankly, I don't care. I will be writing in Major Tulsi Gabbard for president.