Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: would YOU ask YOUR country to SUPPORT YOU & YOURS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE???

1. #31 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,520 Times in 16,980 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    FUCKING LOSERS!!!
    You think those of us who wish to make our own way are losers because we don't want to rely on government to pay our way through our lives?
    Sounds to me like you're the apathetic loser because you want others to pay your way. What would you have done before gov. handouts? Die?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    Hence the need for anchor babies .

You don’t think free health care counts ?

Teach yourself something and walk into a hospital emergency room and look around .
    No. They do not get free healthcare. When they get sick enough, they go to emergency. They get enough treatment to save them and are sent home. That is not free healthcare.
    I have been in emergency. There are accidents and some poor people. If you get hurt,you will have to go there too.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    No. They do not get free healthcare. When they get sick enough, they go to emergency. They get enough treatment to save them and are sent home. That is not free healthcare.
    I have been in emergency. There are accidents and some poor people. If you get hurt,you will have to go there too.
    NOTHING FREE ABOUT IT EXCEPT YOU DON'T PAY FOR IT.......wtf???

& sometimes ppl come here on vacation & when they get off the plain suddenly realize they need surgery or they'll die.. It happens a lot, must be something in the water on those planes........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Funny how the most recent ICE raids were at WORKplaces, isn't it?

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

You don’t know what you are talking about . And who pays that emergency room bill ..... we do !

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I usually like to make loaded &/or ambiguous questions but I was not intending to do so here.

You are welcome & encouraged to give much more than a simple yes or no "as little as a simple yes or no " was meant as a bare minimum..

I noticed things mentioned & no, I am not referring to any earned bennies, such as SS, Medicare, pension etc which are of course earned..

By support I mean those necessities necessary for life in the USA, particularly the location one lives..
    If you look at post 21, you can see why I was reserved about answering the opening post without more info. Gonzo was able to take my answer to your opening post as demonizing people...
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    If you look at post 21, you can see why I was reserved about answering the opening post without more info. Gonzo was able to take my answer to your opening post as demonizing people...
    Nothing your wrote appeared that way to me.

would YOU ask YOUR country to SUPPORT YOU & YOURS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE???

Like you, I have taken care of my kids & I am taking care of myself but unfortunately there are lots of ppl that do feel the big O' system aka you & I owe them..

I have asked this question w/ various twists over the last 15+ years or so & it was originally based on a news report of a couple about to be deported for over staying their visit here from Portugal by twenty years.. During that time they have never worked & received welfare & subsidized housing in the Bronx..

The lady doing the interview said several times that it would be so cruel to force them to move back there, after they have established their lives here

I will never forget seeing them sitting on their coach feeling that Americans should take care of them the rest of their lives here........ Never contributed anything?? I just will never understand how some ppl feel that is right-I would never go to Portugal, not work & expect the Portuguese tax payers to feed & house me.....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nothing your wrote appeared that way to me.

Like you, I have taken care of my kids & I am taking care of myself but unfortunately there are lots of ppl that do feel the big O' system aka you & I owe them..

I have asked this question w/ various twists over the last 15+ years or so & it was originally based on a news report of a couple about to be deported for over staying their visit here from Portugal by twenty years.. During that time they have never worked & received welfare & subsidized housing in the Bronx..

The lady doing the interview said several times that it would be so cruel to force them to move back there, after they have established their lives here

I will never forget seeing them sitting on their coach feeling that Americans should take care of them the rest of their lives here........ Never contributed anything?? I just will never understand how some ppl feel that is right-I would never go to Portugal, not work & expect the Portuguese tax payers to feed & house me.....
    Wait a minute here...aren't you a lefty?
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Wait a minute here...aren't you a lefty?
    I am what I am......... I subscribe to none of that.. If I am a lefty~ I am as bad a lefty, as I am a rightie.....

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,551 Times in 52,760 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

This isn't a deep question, or a hard question, not theological nor philosophical & as little as a simple yes or no is all that is required.... THANK YOU!!
    No.

But as always with life, there is no black-and-white answer. If I was a young working person with dependent children, and became so severely disabled that I could no longer earn a living, I would want my fellow taxpayers to step up and provide us enough to survive on. That would end -- for the kids -- when they turn 18. We have that safety net now in the form of social security disability. I do not begrudge any adjudicated disabled person a penny of their disability benefit.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,551 Times in 52,760 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You think those of us who wish to make our own way are losers because we don't want to rely on government to pay our way through our lives?
    Sounds to me like you're the apathetic loser because you want others to pay your way. What would you have done before gov. handouts? Die?
    I would guess that 95% of working (and us retired) adults would answer NO to Bill's question -- but most of us would also qualify that with a "what if ___ happened and I couldn't work anymore?" Or "What if I was in a natural disaster and lost everything including my home, job, and possessions?" Most of us would STILL not expect to be supported for the rest of our lives. I'm not sure that I understand the virtue-signaling and anger regarding the question, especially since no one so far has said "Yeah, gimme a life of no work and thanks!"
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

NOTHING FREE ABOUT IT EXCEPT YOU DON'T PAY FOR IT.......wtf???

& sometimes ppl come here on vacation & when they get off the plain suddenly realize they need surgery or they'll die.. It happens a lot, must be something in the water on those planes........
    They get sent a bill. Not free. A huge bill. https://www.vox.com/health-care/2018...-costs-america
    A couple years ago we took my wife to emergency. The woman in the curtained off area next to us was being sent away. They did not honor her insurance and were not going to treat her. They did go through the trouble of telling her what hospitals would provide care. Told her to drive to one of them.
    No emergency does not treat everyone.
    Last edited by Gonzomin; 08-16-2019 at 08:22 AM.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They get sent a bill. Not free. A huge bill. https://www.vox.com/health-care/2018...-costs-america
    A couple years ago we took my wife to emergency. The woman in the curtained off area next to us was being sent away. They did not honor her insurance and were not going to treat her. They did go through the trouble of telling her what hospitals would provide care. Told her to drive to one of them.
    No emergency does not treat everyone.
    You are making a terrible assumption here my friend.. Billing them, & them paying are not synonymous..

The hospital obviously concluded that was not an emergency......

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

You are making a terrible assumption here my friend.. Billing them, & them paying are not synonymous..

The hospital obviously concluded that was not an emergency......
    Ya .... and those illegal aliens with no ID always give their correct address .

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As you know, if it is a real emergency the Dr has no choice but to treat..

I have talked often about a local intern & his shocking experience @ a local hospital over in Stockton, ca......

Ppl from all over the world in there getting free surgery, some fresh off the plane, others here many years saying they just got here & suddenly realized they need immediate surgery.........

While their family that paid for their vacation to come here & get the surgery think this is a big rich country that can afford to give it free to their important 90 yr old aunt, those actually paying for it, probably wont agree............