Thread: Senate threatens to pack the Supreme Court

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Default Senate threatens to pack the Supreme Court

Most pertinent line.

"The Supreme Court is not well. And the people know it. Perhaps the Court can heal itself before the public demands it be “restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.” Particularly on the urgent issue of gun control, a nation desperately needs it to heal."

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...Whitehouse.pdf
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I find it ironic that people think Trump has accomplished nothing........yet five prominent demmycrat senators have filed a brief with the SC arguing "The rationale for this long-settled principle is
    simple: “this Court is not a legislature.”...................strict construction for the win!.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I find it ironic that people think Trump has accomplished nothing........yet five prominent demmycrat senators have filed a brief with the SC arguing "The rationale for this long-settled principle is
    simple: “this Court is not a legislature.”...................strict construction for the win!.......
    The hell it isn’t a legislature lol.

The left is infamous for using SCOTUS as a legislative body; most recently, with gay marriage. Things weren’t moving fast enough for them in *the actual legislature* so they succeeded in framing the argument as a matter of ‘rights’ and had SCOTUS vote on it.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (08-14-2019)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Yet this is precisely—and explicitly—what petitioners ask the Court to do in this case, in the wake of a multimillion-dollar advertising campaign to shape this Court’s composition, no less, and an industrial-strength influence campaign aimed at this Court. Indeed, petitioners and their allies have made perfectly clear that they seek a partner in a“project”to expand the Second Amendment and thwart gun-safety regulations. "

Spot ON!

"The Supreme Court is not well. And the people know it. Perhaps the Court can heal itself before the public demands it be “restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.”Particularly onthe urgent issue of gun control, a nation desperately needs it to heal."

Wow.

That's HUGE!

Right ON!

Hold 'em to TASK.

Nice work.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

so democrats are pissed that their work to eliminate constitutional rights is being reversed as the republicans work hard to eliminate other constitutional rights, so democrats threaten to change the court to pursue their negation of constitutional rights.

no wonder we're screwed
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The hell it isn’t a legislature lol.

The left is infamous for using SCOTUS as a legislative body; most recently, with gay marriage. Things weren’t moving fast enough for them in *the actual legislature* so they succeeded in framing the argument as a matter of ‘rights’ and had SCOTUS vote on it.
    Basic human equality shouldn't be the result of "legislation", that's what the court decided.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Basic human equality shouldn't be the result of "legislation", that's what the court decided.
    the left needs to make up their mind. either rights are given to us by our creator, or they are the result of legislation. which is it?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Except the court ruling left polygamists being ‘less equal’ than gays.

The issue never should have left the states and now the can of worms lies wide open.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017