Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Republican Policies Result In More Poor People.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    You could but it wouldnt make any sense.
    If youre going to perform invasive medical procedures there should be standards of cleanliness, expertise and quality care. Otherwise you might as well be back alley.
    Yeah, the only problem with that fantasy is the lack of any empirical data to back it up.

It's all a ruse to prevent abortion access.

And the big problem with that is they are really only preventing abortion access and birth control for the impoverished.

It's like they never once considered the consequences.

D'oh!

More poor people coming into the world every day, more of them attaining voting age, more of them registering as Democrats.

Not the smartest Republican strategy...

Of course, the party is toast.

It's only a matter of time.

The greater wealth inequality becomes, the more people excluded from opportunity, the more anti-Republican voters are created.

Sooner or later it won't be possible to rig that many elections. All the gerrymandering, voter suppression and Russian election interference in the world won't save the Republican party.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

Yeah, the only problem with that fantasy is the lack of any empirical data to back it up.

It's all a ruse to prevent abortion access.

And the big problem with that is they are really only preventing abortion access and birth control for the impoverished.

It's like they never once considered the consequences.

D'oh!

More poor people coming into the world every day, more of them attaining voting age, more of them registering as Democrats.

Not the smartest Republican strategy...

Of course, the party is toast.

It's only a matter of time.

The greater wealth inequality becomes, the more people excluded from opportunity, the more anti-Republican voters are created.

Sooner or later it won't be possible to rig that many elections. All the gerrymandering, voter suppression and Russian election interference in the world won't save the Republican party.
    Oh... well i know what the standards are in an actual hospital or OP surgery when invasive procedures take place. They're considerably more stringent because they expect the patient to survive.
    But i see your point, its just poor folks so substandard care is plenty good enough.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Oh... well i know what the standards are in an actual hospital or OP surgery when invasive procedures take place. They're considerably more stringent because they expect the patient to survive.
    But i see your point, its just poor folks so substandard care is plenty good enough.
    Nice try but that wasn't my point.

But I understand why you want to side step it.

You know I am correct.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the GOP opposes welfare.
    Not for themselves...

Privatize the Profits/Socialize the Losses

Just ask Wall Street

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Not for themselves...

Privatize the Profits/Socialize the Losses

Just ask Wall Street
    That's very true

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Nice try but that wasn't my point.

But I understand why you want to side step it.

You know I am correct.
    No. I know you dont understand a lick about health care.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

No. I know you dont understand a lick about health care.
    Using an ad Hominem is a pathetic admission that you don't really have a good argument. Logically, if you had a good argument you would use that instead of sinking to the shame of a petty ad hominem.

I understand that you can't provide any supportive data to justify the more stringent standards applied under TRAP laws than are applied to other outcare facilities.

"Colonoscopies, for example, have a much higher rate of complication, and are commonly performed in similar outpatient clinics. Yet those clinics and doctors are not submitted to these types of regulations, and the politicians pushing for TRAP laws are not calling for them to be. Rather, they have singled out only doctors who provide abortions. It’s clear that the real motivation behind these laws has nothing do to with women’s health and everything to do with shutting down clinics and preventing women from getting safe and legal abortions. As the federal district court in Wisconsin explained when blocking that state’s law, the “complete absence of an admitting privileges requirement for [other outpatient surgical] procedures including those with greater risk is certainly evidence that the . . . Legislature’s only purpose in its enactment was to restrict the availability of safe, legal abortion.” "

https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/TR..._FactSheet.pdf

And let us not lose sight of the point of this discussion.

I'm sure it is very sad for you to realize that I am correct. The Republican party is shooting itself in the foot. Nothing could be a more glaring example that your policy is failed than the big picture here. You create policy which weakens your own party over time. TRAP laws are only effective on the poor. The rich can get all the abortions they like. The poor don't have that luxury, so they end up having more children. A generation later there are more poor people. Poor people tend to vote Democratic. It's no big secret the Republican party is the party of the rich. Most Republican policy helps the rich get richer. Republicans do nothing for the poor. Republicans only have this silly abortion position in order to pander to the evangelicals. The Republican party would be dead without the evangelical vote. There is no long term logic to it. It's just shameless pandering for votes.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,667 Times in 16,593 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Using an ad Hominem is a pathetic admission that you don't really have a good argument. Logically, if you had a good argument you would use that instead of sinking to the shame of a petty ad hominem.

I understand that you can't provide any supportive data to justify the more stringent standards applied under TRAP laws than are applied to other outcare facilities.

"Colonoscopies, for example, have a much higher rate of complication, and are commonly performed in similar outpatient clinics. Yet those clinics and doctors are not submitted to these types of regulations, and the politicians pushing for TRAP laws are not calling for them to be. Rather, they have singled out only doctors who provide abortions. It’s clear that the real motivation behind these laws has nothing do to with women’s health and everything to do with shutting down clinics and preventing women from getting safe and legal abortions. As the federal district court in Wisconsin explained when blocking that state’s law, the “complete absence of an admitting privileges requirement for [other outpatient surgical] procedures including those with greater risk is certainly evidence that the . . . Legislature’s only purpose in its enactment was to restrict the availability of safe, legal abortion.” "

https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/TR..._FactSheet.pdf

And let us not lose sight of the point of this discussion.

I'm sure it is very sad for you to realize that I am correct. The Republican party is shooting itself in the foot. Nothing could be a more glaring example that your policy is failed than the big picture here. You create policy which weakens your own party over time. TRAP laws are only effective on the poor. The rich can get all the abortions they like. The poor don't have that luxury, so they end up having more children. A generation later there are more poor people. Poor people tend to vote Democratic. It's no big secret the Republican party is the party of the rich. Most Republican policy helps the rich get richer. Republicans do nothing for the poor. Republicans only have this silly abortion position in order to pander to the evangelicals. The Republican party would be dead without the evangelical vote. There is no long term logic to it. It's just shameless pandering for votes.
    Do you have statistics on the poor who wish to have abortions, but cannot?

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Actually, leftist votes are the result of improving the country. Righty votes are the result of keeping people poor.
    Sure they are, the proof is in the pudding in every inner city ghetto slave quarters governed by Democrats! Multiple murders every day are surely "improving the country." Homeless littering the streets in every California major city Nancy Pelosi steps over on her way to her mansion. Democrat improvements galore!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Republicans are creating more Democrats.
    That's how Trump won so many working "democrat" folks votes, right? Your post are preposterous!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Celticguy,

That's total whataboutism.

The topic is Republican policies.

If you have no defense of them feel free to admit that by simply attacking Democrats. We'll infer the rest.
    "Whataboutism" is only credible when Democrats use it, right? Bleeping hypocrite!

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    The left never provide actual evidence, because they never have any, their highest talent is BULLSHIT!

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    The left never provide actual evidence, because they never have any, their highest talent is BULLSHIT!
    I know...I'd be curious to see that particular stat, though

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi TOP,

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Not readily available. Sort of like trying to prove a negative. How would such statistics be compiled?

Is this your out to deny the Republican party is shooting itself in the foot?

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi TOP,

Not readily available. Sort of like trying to prove a negative. How would such statistics be compiled?

Is this your out to deny the Republican party is shooting itself in the foot?
    "The rich can get all the abortions they like. The poor don't have that luxury, so they end up having more children." So just your humble opinion with nothing to back it up? The poor part....
    I'm not sure how the Republican Party is "shooting itself in the foot"....so, no...not any "out"...