Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conservatives who voted for Trump in 2016 not voting for him in 2020

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,365 Times in 6,037 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Default Conservatives who voted for Trump in 2016 not voting for him in 2020

A television interview of a life-long conservative woman and her daughter at the Iowa State Fair explaining why they don't plan to vote for President Donald Trump in the 2020 election went viral and "should have Republicans scared," according to a progressive political commentator.
    At the state fair, where more than 20 Democratic presidential candidates have or are set to speak on the political soapbox stage, NBC reporter Vaughn Hillyard asked Kate Miller why she is leaning towards Kamala Harris, who spoke on Saturday.
    "Well I'm a life-long conservative — I actually campaigned door-to-door for Chuck Grassley his fist year as a Senate campaign, Senate candidate," Miller said. "But I cannot vote for Donald Trump. I just, he is, he is not a conservative, and I don't think he's a good man."
    Miller continued that after watching so many Cabinet members leave Trump, "you just can't vote for him" and that she is "looking at Democrats."
    "I need a candidate that is reasonable on our borders and is about people, that is about the rule of law," she said. "I'm an educator and we've got to do something about education, and so that's the person that I'm looking for." Miller, who wrote in Republican John McCain in the 2016 presidential election, added that it has been hard to know what Democratic candidates are really about at this point in the race.
    Hillyard then asked Miller's husband Paul Miller, who admitted he voted against the Democrats and put in for Trump in 2016, who he planned to vote for in 2020.
    "Um, right now it's hard to say," Paul Miller replied. "At this point in the campaign, everybody is running to the extremes on either side so events will probably shape for whom I vote."
    The couple's daughter Taylor Miller, who is 17 years old but will be of voting age by the 2020 election, had views that aligned more with her mother.
    "I can't vote for Donald Trump," Taylor Miller said. "And if there was a better conservative I would probably vote for them, but he's done so many things that are just absolutely disgusting and despicable, and tweeting foreign policy is not presidential enough."
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

2. The Following User Groans At Joe Capitalist For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-14-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-12-2019), Trumpet (08-14-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    A television interview of a life-long conservative woman and her daughter at the Iowa State Fair explaining why they don't plan to vote for President Donald Trump in the 2020 election went viral and "should have Republicans scared," according to a progressive political commentator.
    At the state fair, where more than 20 Democratic presidential candidates have or are set to speak on the political soapbox stage, NBC reporter Vaughn Hillyard asked Kate Miller why she is leaning towards Kamala Harris, who spoke on Saturday.
    "Well I'm a life-long conservative — I actually campaigned door-to-door for Chuck Grassley his fist year as a Senate campaign, Senate candidate," Miller said. "But I cannot vote for Donald Trump. I just, he is, he is not a conservative, and I don't think he's a good man."
    Miller continued that after watching so many Cabinet members leave Trump, "you just can't vote for him" and that she is "looking at Democrats."
    "I need a candidate that is reasonable on our borders and is about people, that is about the rule of law," she said. "I'm an educator and we've got to do something about education, and so that's the person that I'm looking for." Miller, who wrote in Republican John McCain in the 2016 presidential election, added that it has been hard to know what Democratic candidates are really about at this point in the race.
    Hillyard then asked Miller's husband Paul Miller, who admitted he voted against the Democrats and put in for Trump in 2016, who he planned to vote for in 2020.
    "Um, right now it's hard to say," Paul Miller replied. "At this point in the campaign, everybody is running to the extremes on either side so events will probably shape for whom I vote."
    The couple's daughter Taylor Miller, who is 17 years old but will be of voting age by the 2020 election, had views that aligned more with her mother.
    "I can't vote for Donald Trump," Taylor Miller said. "And if there was a better conservative I would probably vote for them, but he's done so many things that are just absolutely disgusting and despicable, and tweeting foreign policy is not presidential enough."
    that NY Mag poll guno posted is DEVASTATING for Don's little cache of Electoral Votes...………..they're GONE

5. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-14-2019)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-12-2019), Trumpet (08-14-2019)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

...according to a progressive political commentator...
    ..."I need a candidate that is reasonable on our borders and is about people, that is about the rule of law,"...
    ..."I'm an educator and we've got to do something about education...
    ...Taylor Miller, who is 17 years old but will be of voting age by the 2020 election...
    And no link to boot!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

Earl (08-14-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    that NY Mag poll guno posted is DEVASTATING for Don's little cache of Electoral Votes...………..they're GONE
    What poll?
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Trumpet (08-14-2019)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Lifelong conservative". Uh-huh.

Kate Miller's Biography

Political Experience

Co-Chair
    Candidate, New Hampshire House of Representatives, 2012
    Candidate, New Hampshire House of Representatives, District Belknap 3, 2010
    Representative, New Hampshire State House of Representatives, District Belknap 3, 2008-2010
    Belknap County Chair, Women for Obama Campaign, 2007-2008

https://votesmart.org/candidate/biog...r#.XVIt1mzsbb0

MORE LIES FROM THE LYING LEFT.....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-12-2019), dukkha (08-12-2019), Earl (08-14-2019), PostmodernProphet (08-14-2019), RB 60 (08-14-2019), Sirthinksalot (08-12-2019), Stretch (08-12-2019)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Conservatives? Sounds like only 1 conservative who voted for Trump in 2016 is not voting for him in 2020. The daughter did not vote in 2016 and the husband is undecided.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (08-12-2019)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Miller, who wrote in Republican John McCain in the 2016 presidential election,

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (08-14-2019), Sirthinksalot (08-12-2019), Stretch (08-12-2019)

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Miller, who wrote in Republican John McCain in the 2016 presidential election,
    ha! says it all.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

dukkha (08-13-2019), Sirthinksalot (08-12-2019)

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Conservatives? Sounds like only 1 conservative who voted for Trump in 2016 is not voting for him in 2020. The daughter did not vote in 2016 and the husband is undecided.
    Details. Details.

20. The Following User Groans At Joe Capitalist For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-14-2019)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Trumpet (08-14-2019)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump will win Alabama!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Trumpet (08-14-2019)

24. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Trump will win Alabama!
    Yup, their afixin too. Thank the lourd Trump luvs the pourly ejicatud.

Last edited by Joe Capitalist; 08-13-2019 at 08:19 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Trumpet (08-14-2019)

26. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

the gun rights groups I know..........about half have said they are done with trump. I call bullshit. they may vote against him in the primary, but as soon as he is the nominee it will be all trump for them over their fear of a democrat in the WH
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

27. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    the gun rights groups I know..........about half have said they are done with trump. I call bullshit. they may vote against him in the primary, but as soon as he is the nominee it will be all trump for them over their fear of a democrat in the WH
    What if Tom Steyer wins the Democratic nomination?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Trumpet (08-14-2019)

29. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'd say I'm not voting for Trump if I were offered the right bribe.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

30. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    unless demmycrats pick one of their current nominees as their candidate........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”