Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dog attack deaths-Anyone seen a study were just one breed/mixs don't far exeed all ot

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf

Teen dies in pit bull attack while trespassing in Texas backyard
    @ThatOwlWoman-this may be where I got the idea, I read this yesterday..

A 16-year-old boy died after being attacked by three dogs while trespassing in a backyard in suburban Dallas.

Police officers responded to the scene in Irving, Texas, around 5 a.m. Saturday morning after being alerted of a "suspicious circumstance."

When officers arrived at the home, they saw the three pit bulls mauling the boy, according to a statement. Officers jumped the fence to shield him from the attacks.

One officer was bitten, which led to officers firing at the pit bulls. One of the pit bulls was injured and later euthanized.

"She did what she’s supposed to do,” Guillermo Lorenzo, who owned the home and the dogs, later said of the euthanized dog to WFAA-TV.

The boy was rushed to Dallas' Parkland Memorial Hospital but died as a result of the dogs' attacks.

The teen did not live in the home, according to a statement from the Irving Police Department, and it was unclear why he was in the backyard.

Lorenzo told investigators that the boy was trespassing.

"Nobody has the right to be in this yard," Lorenzo told WFAA-TV.

The officer who was bitten has since been treated and released. The surviving dogs were taken to an animal shelter.

Contributing: The Associated Press. Follow Joshua Bote on Twitter: @joshua_bote
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What excellent advice from a piece of shit who freely admits that he keeps his aging dog outside 24/7 in the Arizona environment because "he likes it that way." You afraid he'll attack you?
    OH - LOOK, Owl is "just being her typical whiny gossip-girl bitchy cunt hypocritical self"??

I thought you had me on ignore, you lying cunt??

Just because I pulled my dick out of your pie hole, doesn't mean you had permission to speak and next time you better not let any dribble out from between those fat assed lips of yours.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Fatalities from 2018, per DogBite.org:

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-st...ities-2018.php
    I have 5 pit bulls, care to come over for dinner this weekend?

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Because people who seek to make an aggressive dog tend to favor pitts you see more of them lately.
    Theyre cheaper than the old scapegoat breeds (dobies rotties etc) but a poodle is just as capable.
    Chihuahuas or min pins would love to be but theyre just not strong enough. No shortage of attitude.
    But the breed thats fully responsible is homo sapien.
    This

So effing true and so amazing homp sapients don't know it.

You CA have a golden retriever and make it an evil animal. You can have a pit bull and make it the cutest pupper around.

In many ways dogs are like people. It is nurture and parenting.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Yurt For This Post:

TOP (08-14-2019), USFREEDOM911 (08-14-2019)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If I could own any doggo, it would be a female golden retriever. I've only had one dog in my life and she was a yellow lab. She was supposed to be my brothers special guide dog, but the fit never worked. He didn't want one and that was that.

We moved up north after my parents divorced and lived in a not very nice area. Our doggo always had our back. Always. There was this asshole German Shepherd in the neighborhood who always and I mean aggressively always barked at us kids. He was behind a low fence so the asshole owner told us to fuck our selves.

Well, one glorious day, it was overcast but glorious, the asshole owner left his gate open. I hear this massive screaming / yelling and I run out of the house and my precious female yellow lab and the German Shepherd were fighting.

By the time I got there, my Princess was on all fours standing over that asshole with total submission. I kid you not. She literally had that fucker on his back. And her mouth at his neck. I can't believe she won the fight.

And from that day forward, my dog and I were heroes.

True story.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Yurt For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-14-2019), TOP (08-14-2019)

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

A 16-year-old boy died after being attacked by three dogs while trespassing in a backyard in suburban Dallas.

Police officers responded to the scene in Irving, Texas, around 5 a.m. Saturday morning after being alerted of a "suspicious circumstance."

When officers arrived at the home, they saw the three pit bulls mauling the boy, according to a statement. Officers jumped the fence to shield him from the attacks.

One officer was bitten, which led to officers firing at the pit bulls. One of the pit bulls was injured and later euthanized.

"She did what she’s supposed to do,” Guillermo Lorenzo, who owned the home and the dogs, later said of the euthanized dog to WFAA-TV.

The boy was rushed to Dallas' Parkland Memorial Hospital but died as a result of the dogs' attacks.

The teen did not live in the home, according to a statement from the Irving Police Department, and it was unclear why he was in the backyard.

The officer who was bitten has since been treated and released. The surviving dogs were taken to an animal shelter.

The key word here is TRESPASSING. If he hadn't BEEN trespassing, he wouldn't have been attacked. End of story.

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,667 Times in 16,593 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have not had an "experience" as in an attack by a pit bull.. Actually only been bit once by a one eyed dog, well he wasn't one eyed till he bit me...

I respect yours & others feelings & experiences w/ them, I don't share that.......
    Thanks for the very civil response....unfortunate that some chose to let their personal obsessions ruin what was becoming a interesting and important discussion...I hope that it's possible to get it back on track. Laws pertaining to animals are changing throughout the country...pet ownership, responsibility, and commitment is a subject that everyone should take seriously...
    Lots of people working to get that done....
    Kids and pets are for life....who doesn't realize that?

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Upon landing he continued running around the house with his favorite toy. That happened to be a couch cushion pike 2.5'x2.5' square and he DIDNT rip it to shreds though it was well "loved". I know it sounds made up but its real.
    Oh, I believe you... We have a couple of big guys ....they just don't realize how big they are....(thankfully, they're not couch shredders either...)

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,418 Times in 53,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Thanks for the very civil response....unfortunate that some chose to let their personal obsessions ruin what was becoming a interesting and important discussion...I hope that it's possible to get it back on track. Laws pertaining to animals are changing throughout the country...pet ownership, responsibility, and commitment is a subject that everyone should take seriously...
    Lots of people working to get that done....
    Kids and pets are for life....who doesn't realize that?
    It is, isn't it? I'm not sure why you constantly feel the need to do that, but it is what it is.

As I recall, we had a very similar discussion on JPP about dangerous dog breeds, including pitbulls. One member related how he lost a child to a pitbull attack. You're right about laws changing -- more and more municipalities are banning the ownership of these animals. Unfortunately many ppl cannot be trusted to care for them responsibly and keep them from harming others. Many dog parks also ban them for good reason, as Bill's neighbor learned to the sorrow of both her and her poor dogs.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,418 Times in 53,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Horrible.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    They have to know where they fit in the pack, so to speak.

My wife and I were the Alphas, the kids came next, and our wolf mix was at the bottom of the "totem pole".

He NEVER once challenged anyone and after watching him destroy a cow leg knuckle bone, I was very glad he didn't.

Hell, he used to let kittens crawl all over him and he would just lay there.

The only person he didn't like, was my brother in law's brother; but then, I never liked him either.
    Canines are excellent judges of character.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

TOP (08-14-2019)

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Actually many more communities are removing the ban....our community includedImproved education, awareness, stiffer penalties for violations when it comes those who don't comply with existing laws.
    Any animal attack is a tragedy...
    It's a people problem more than a dog problem....

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They absolutely are....

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Yurt View Post
    If I could own any doggo, it would be a female golden retriever. I've only had one dog in my life and she was a yellow lab. She was supposed to be my brothers special guide dog, but the fit never worked. He didn't want one and that was that.

We moved up north after my parents divorced and lived in a not very nice area. Our doggo always had our back. Always. There was this asshole German Shepherd in the neighborhood who always and I mean aggressively always barked at us kids. He was behind a low fence so the asshole owner told us to fuck our selves.

Well, one glorious day, it was overcast but glorious, the asshole owner left his gate open. I hear this massive screaming / yelling and I run out of the house and my precious female yellow lab and the German Shepherd were fighting.

By the time I got there, my Princess was on all fours standing over that asshole with total submission. I kid you not. She literally had that fucker on his back. And her mouth at his neck. I can't believe she won the fight.

And from that day forward, my dog and I were heroes.

True story.
    Labs may be loveable goofballs but they are also powerful and protective.
    Goldens are lovely dogs but i dont have the patience for a long coat.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

TOP (08-14-2019)

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yep and if a dog doesn't like someone, there's probably a good reason and the owner should pay attention to that.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.