Thread: In Virginia, 2 Churches Feel The Aftermath Of Trump's Racist Rhetoric

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,835 Times in 14,177 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default In Virginia, 2 Churches Feel The Aftermath Of Trump's Racist Rhetoric

Thankfully the old southern cracka and his kind will be worm food soon

a sign posted in front of Friendship Baptist Church reads "AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT."

Pastor Earnie Lucas said he posted that message on his church sign several weeks ago. It was around the same time that President Trump tweeted an attack on four Democratic members of Congress — all women of color — saying they should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

But that flag out yonder, or that sign out yonder!" he thundered from the pulpit. "This is America! And I love America!"

Lucas asks if anyone in the small, all-white congregation is "from Yankee land." No one raises their hand.

I don't want any Muslims in America"

One of Lucas' church members, Dianne Cook, 69, said she agrees with the message on her church sign, and with her pastor. She said Trump was right to criticize the four Democratic congresswomen, who include the first two Muslim women elected to Congress.

"Where'd their parents come from? Are they Americans?" Cook asked. "Just because she was born in America does not make her American."

"Doesn't it?" I asked. "Doesn't it legally, though, under the Constitution?"

"Under the Constitution, yes," Cook acknowledged, then paused. "But I don't know how to express that, to make you understand that I wish she, I wish they, well — I don't want any Muslims in America."

ignorant christstained cracka

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/12/74941...acist-rhetoric
    Last edited by Guno צְבִי; 08-12-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

reagansghost (08-12-2019), Trumpet (08-12-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is absolutely disgusting, but not surprising. Trumperized Christianity.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-12-2019), reagansghost (08-12-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Thankfully the old southern cracka and his kind will be worm food soon

a sign posted in front of Friendship Baptist Church reads "AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT."

Pastor Earnie Lucas said he posted that message on his church sign several weeks ago. It was around the same time that President Trump tweeted an attack on four Democratic members of Congress — all women of color — saying they should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

But that flag out yonder, or that sign out yonder!" he thundered from the pulpit. "This is America! And I love America!"

Lucas asks if anyone in the small, all-white congregation is "from Yankee land." No one raises their hand.

I don't want any Muslims in America"

One of Lucas' church members, Dianne Cook, 69, said she agrees with the message on her church sign, and with her pastor. She said Trump was right to criticize the four Democratic congresswomen, who include the first two Muslim women elected to Congress.

"Where'd their parents come from? Are they Americans?" Cook asked. "Just because she was born in America does not make her American."

"Doesn't it?" I asked. "Doesn't it legally, though, under the Constitution?"

"Under the Constitution, yes," Cook acknowledged, then paused. "But I don't know how to express that, to make you understand that I wish she, I wish they, well — I don't want any Muslims in America."

ignorant christstained cracka

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/12/74941...acist-rhetoric
    Yeah....America LOVE OR LEAVE IT.....has never been used in US HISTORY. The funny thing? It was the Walmart SMELLY Deplorables that were targeted by Trump supporters. Now where have we heard that rhetoric before? That's it...TRUMP is targeting his own base of voters that helped elect him....must be, the left says its so...……..HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!