Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, canceled.2021.2, TOP, volsrock, Guno צְבִי, reagansghost, artichoke, StoneByStone, Terri4Trump, Lord Yurt, Buck Tucker, Cancel 2020.2 and Lilith

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The no trolls discussion.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I don't think Terri was banned. Phantasmal outed him and ruined his fun.
    I checked & didn't see anything about it either.... Must be back in the poki again........ Po' legion...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I see nothing that says he has been....
    I didn't either...

Does he usually vanish for months??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    JD, how come I'm not banned from this thread? You have previously called me a flaming troll. So not just a troll but a flaming one. There are a lot of people who troll on this board. In my mind a flaming troll is one who has taken it to the next level. If I've achieved that status shouldn't I be banned along with the other folks?
    Maybe you're just the token troll... lol

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think legion had the biggest list 90% of the board was on it & the days of that 10% are numbered.......lol

Use that list but watch out you don't bad yourself from your own thread.....

I would guess it would ban you??? ANYONE TRIED IT??

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,012 Times in 6,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    yeah jade is just trying to trigger yurt.
    No, a few people are just so over many of the posters on my list.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Trumpet (08-12-2019)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    My policy is to add trolls to a thread ban list, and supplement that list with the forum's known racists, bigots, liars, slanderers, and sociopaths.
    I am 90 percent sure Earl is legion.

Because I am a geek for archaeology, Here is my contribution to the thread.
    Because the Black Sea has widespread anoxic conditions below a depth of a 100 meters or so, I suspect that searching for well preserved ancient shipwrecks in the Black Sea is going to be a prominent growth area in marine archaeological research moving forward.
    I did the thread-ban thing for a long time but trolls can't leave it alone if you try to exclude them. They make copy-cat threads and it gets too confusing with similar named threads. And besides, it's no big deal to scroll past their Ignore place-holders to get to the civil posting. Whatever they are saying is meaningless to the discussion I am having anyway so I just don't care if they are saying something or not. I also developed the habit of simply not reading any response which quotes them, either. I know something interesting may be missed, but I also know something really mean and nasty is just as likely, and I choose to stay away from that vibe. I have no problem finding something else interesting that is not rated X for disturbing language.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-12-2019)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,642 Times in 27,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cypress,

I did the thread-ban thing for a long time but trolls can't leave it alone if you try to exclude them. They make copy-cat threads and it gets too confusing with similar named threads. And besides, it's no big deal to scroll past their Ignore place-holders to get to the civil posting. Whatever they are saying is meaningless to the discussion I am having anyway so I just don't care if they are saying something or not. I also developed the habit of simply not reading any response which quotes them, either. I know something interesting may be missed, but I also know something really mean and nasty is just as likely, and I choose to stay away from that vibe. I have no problem finding something else interesting that is not rated X for disturbing language.
    I find actually there is real comedy value in seeing copy cat threads.

It means for as much as these belligerent buffoons and tepid trolls claim they hate you, cannot stand you, and/or find you boring and tedious, it nonetheless shows they find your writing extremely interesting, worth reading, and worth plagiarizing -- even while they know you basically never read a word they write.

That stark contrast in message board indifference versus message board obsession has some real comedic value when you think about it.

10. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Trumpet (08-12-2019)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (08-12-2019)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    jade this is just another random thread that doesn't serve much of a purpose. now don't get me wrong, I make about 2 of those a day myself. but lets call a spade a spade.
    Do any of these threads serve much purpose?
    No one seems to change their mind.

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    To me, this thread represents a form of trolling.
    But yet here you are!

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I find actually there is real comedy value in seeing copy cat threads.

It means for as much as these belligerent buffoons and tepid trolls claim they hate you, cannot stand you, and/or find you boring and tedious, it nonetheless shows they find your writing extremely interesting, worth reading, and worth plagiarizing -- even while they know you basically never read a word they write.

That stark contrast in message board indifference versus message board obsession has some real comedic value when you think about it.
    Exactly=a compliment..........

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New NosaM View Post
    Do any of these threads serve much purpose?
    No one seems to change their mind.
    IMHO ppl come here & other boards of whatever type for various reasons, of which that is a rather small fraction.. If this is their goal, they are going to be frustrated, A LOT..

If someone did change their view on an issue, even slightly, how apt are they to admit it??

I have seen it, although not often & it is much more likely to occur in a non-threatening environment/situation, such as PM, or simple discussion~not an argument/fight etc..

Sadly most ppl, even if proven wrong won't admit it, neither to others OR THEMSELVES.........

I think any one that has been around for a while knows this, @ least subconsciously..

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New NosaM View Post
    But yet here you are!
    And what is wrong with expressing that opinion in the appropriate thread? I don't expect an explanation, especially since I read the opinion you just expressed to grind. They are useless, and there for just another form of trolling. You're welcome.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    And what is wrong with expressing that opinion in the appropriate thread? I don't expect an explanation, especially since I read the opinion you just expressed to grind. They are useless, and there for just another form of trolling. You're welcome.
    This is the greatest thread ever on JPP!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

Trumpet (08-12-2019)

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    This is the greatest thread ever on JPP!
    Is Trumpet one of your socks, or one of Owl's?