Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Conservative David Brooks Calls President Trump A Sociopath

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 3,066 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    LOL! You lack the requisite intelligence to make such a determination, Cindy.
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Earl (08-20-2019)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello gfm7175,

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Outside of Jesus Christ, nobody has been a 100% lawful citizen.
    Aha! Then you DO think it is possible for Trump to do wrong.

Pretty much any major business faces lawsuits at one point or another.
    But not to the extent of the thousands of times Trump has been and continues to end up in court. Trump's litigation is excessive.

If this qualifies Trump for being a psychopath, then everybody else in this world is also qualified for being a psychopath.
    There has been no claim that this alone qualifies an individual as being a psychopath.

Statement A) Nowhere was it said that satisfying ANY of the stated conditions is qualification. Yet in every case you've incorrectly pretended any of the traits might qualify an individual for being a psychopath.

I wouldn't say "always", because people aren't perfect, but generally he plans out what he does. He wouldn't be as successful in real estate as he has been if he didn't ever plan anything out.
    That's a MYTH! He has lost his BUTT in real estate. He regularly overpays due to impulsive buying. He's biggest loser was the Taj Mahal. Very poorly planned venture. And it only got worse after he shifted previous bad debts to it. He has repeatedly made impulse buys that turned out to be very bad decisions. Poorly planned ventures are all over the place: Trump steaks, Trump airline, Trump University, Trump Vodka, Trump Pale Ale, Trump Magazine, Trump Mortgage, Trump The Game, Trump The Fragrance, Go Trump.com, Trump Tower Tampa, Trump Tower Panama City, Trump Tower Toronto...

Many people are worse at planning ahead than Trump is.
    Which is not saying much.

If this qualifies Trump for being a psychopath, then many other people in this world are also qualified for being a psychopath.
    See Statement A.

I wouldn't say "most friendly", but he is generally quite friendly towards people who aren't aiming to smear him every chance they get. Everybody has spoken an ill word about another human at one point or another, everybody has been impolite at one point or another, everybody has sometimes waited for others and sometimes not waited for others...
    Trump is doing one of two things, generally. He is either pretending to be friendly because he is pouring on the con job and thinks he has a mark, or he is verbally attacking somebody. There does not appear to be an in between.

If this qualifies Trump for being a psychopath, ...
    See Statement A.

He is. [very concerned about others] That's why he wants to build the wall.
    That's part of the con. He is gaining the confidence of haters by telling them what they should be afraid of, namely immigrants. This is not 'showing concern for others,' because he is disregarding the concerns of the immigrants and favoring the concerns of xenophobes, but not showing concern for other Americans who empathize with the plight of the migrants.

If this qualifies Trump for being a psychopath, then everybody else in this world is also qualified for being a psychopath.
    See Statement A.

Many people have done this before.
    Two or more wrongs do not make a right.

If this qualifies Trump for being a psychopath, then many other people in this world are also qualified for being a psychopath.
    See Statement A.

Everybody has gone back on their word at one point or another during their lifetimes.
    And most people feel some remorse at having done so and try to avoid doing so repeatedly. Not Trump, who uses promise-breaking like a tool.

See Statement A.

I've seen him take responsibility for his actions. I've also seen him "pass the buck". Same with anybody else on this Earth.
    A famous example was taking out a full page ad in a major newspaper to call for the death penalty for the Central Park 5, (as if Trump himself should be kangaroo court judge and jury) but then when DNA evidence and a confession definitively proved none of the accused committed the murder, Trump refused to apologize or even change his position. That's not taking responsibility. That's doubling down on a hurtful racist mistake.

He HAS shown genuine concern for others. He has been very charitable throughout his life, more than many other people.
    If he wants to show how much he has given he could release his taxes, but that was another lie when he promised he would and never did, giving multiple excuses for why not.

See Statement A.

You're making up numbers again...
    A recent Quinnipiac Poll indicates a majority of Americans think Trump is a racist.

Okay. Then, as I've gone through with you above, everybody else (or at the very least most everybody else) are also psychopaths. Congratulations!
    No, that is incorrect. You have incorrectly applied the conditions individually (Statement A.) An accurate diagnosis is not up to us. Dr Dodes is a psychiatrist. He has studied this field and is far more knowledgeable that you or I. I am taking his word for this over yours. And he is not the only one. Other professionals have made similar assessments. You're soft on Trump, so you are simply looking for any way to deny what these professionals have said. Do you have any professionals who are ready to disagree with these assessments? That would support your case. What you have posted so far does not.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-20-2019), Earl (08-20-2019)

5. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello gfm 7175,

He's no better or worse than the rest of us.
    First of all, he purports to be so much better that he should be President, and secondly, it's all a con. He only ran for the publicity.

Just like all of our sinful natures which sometimes "come out to play".
    That's excuse-making. Giving him a free pass.

A lot of times he is counter-punching.
    He often take sucker-punches, attacking someone who has criticized his statements. Now let's be strictly clear on this. Others attack his statements and policy. He offers no defense of what he has done, but immediately goes after them personally. He is king of the ad hominem attack.

According to your reasoning, EVERYONE is a sociopath.
    That claim is without merit. It is an unsupported interpretation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (08-20-2019)

8. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    Or, more accurately in your case, "oinkoinkoinkoinkoink"

9. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 3,066 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello gfm7175,

Yes, I do.

But not to the extent of the thousands of times Trump has been and continues to end up in court. Trump's litigation is excessive.
    Not any more excessive than any other prominent business. Many businesses have been sued much more often than Trump's businesses have been.

There has been no claim that this alone qualifies an individual as being a psychopath.
    You made an appeal to Lance Dodes who listed seven traits that define sociopathy. Dodes claimed that Trump meets every one of them. I asked how so. You answered. I am now explaining how your application of those traits to Trump is BS, since it makes basically everyone into a sociopath.

Statement A) Nowhere was it said that satisfying ANY of the stated conditions is qualification. Yet in every case you've incorrectly pretended any of the traits might qualify an individual for being a psychopath.
    You appealed to Lance Dodes, who argued that those seven traits define sociopathy and that Trump exudes all seven of those traits. Now, since I showed how ridiculous Dodes is being, you are backpedaling and claiming that what Dodes said doesn't necessarily define sociopathy. So then what's the definition of sociopathy? What makes one a sociopath? Who determines this?

That's a MYTH! He has lost his BUTT in real estate. He regularly overpays due to impulsive buying. He's biggest loser was the Taj Mahal. Very poorly planned venture. And it only got worse after he shifted previous bad debts to it. He has repeatedly made impulse buys that turned out to be very bad decisions. Poorly planned ventures are all over the place: Trump steaks, Trump airline, Trump University, Trump Vodka, Trump Pale Ale, Trump Magazine, Trump Mortgage, Trump The Game, Trump The Fragrance, Go Trump.com, Trump Tower Tampa, Trump Tower Panama City, Trump Tower Toronto...
    If he has "lost his butt in real estate", then why is he so rich?? Why are many of his other business ventures succeeding?? You can't simply ignore the ones which are succeeding to this very day.

That's part of the con. He is gaining the confidence of haters by telling them what they should be afraid of, namely immigrants.
    LIE. He has never spoken ill of immigrants. He has always been a supporter of legal immigration. He has only spoken ill of illegal immigration; of breaking immigration laws.

This is not 'showing concern for others,' because he is disregarding the concerns of the immigrants
    As he should. They are not US Citizens. They are citizens of other countries. He is President of the United States of America. He is not President of Mexico, nor any other country.

and favoring the concerns of xenophobes,
    Define xenophobe. I think you are just parroting a catchy word that you hear...

but not showing concern for other Americans who empathize with the plight of the migrants.
    Legal immigration good. Illegal immigration bad. Not sure how I can make that any simpler.

A recent Quinnipiac Poll indicates a majority of Americans think Trump is a racist.
    Polls are meaningless. Apparently a majority of Americans who got asked that question don't know the definition of racism.

No, that is incorrect. You have incorrectly applied the conditions individually (Statement A.)
    I went through each specified condition one by one. Dr. Dodes is a psychoquack.

An accurate diagnosis is not up to us.
    Who is it up to?

Dr Dodes is a psychiatrist. He has studied this field and is far more knowledgeable that you or I.
    Meh.

I am taking his word for this over yours.
    Okay.

And he is not the only one.
    I believe you.

Other professionals have made similar assessments.
    Okay.

You're soft on Trump,
    Wrong. I simply don't have fiery hatred and vitriol towards him.

so you are simply looking for any way to deny what these professionals have said.
    I deny what they say because they are psychoquacks who happen to hold hatred and vitriol towards Trump.

Do you have any professionals who are ready to disagree with these assessments?
    I don't play the "appeal to authority" game...

That would support your case. What you have posted so far does not.
    What I have posted unravels the psychoquackery foundation behind the assertion that Trump is a sociopath.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

11. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Hello gfm7175,

Which is not saying much.

See Statement A.

Trump is doing one of two things, generally. He is either pretending to be friendly because he is pouring on the con job and thinks he has a mark, or he is verbally attacking somebody. There does not appear to be an in between.

See Statement A.

That's part of the con. He is gaining the confidence of haters by telling them what they should be afraid of, namely immigrants. This is not 'showing concern for others,' because he is disregarding the concerns of the immigrants and favoring the concerns of xenophobes, but not showing concern for other Americans who empathize with the plight of the migrants.

See Statement A.

Two or more wrongs do not make a right.

See Statement A.

And most people feel some remorse at having done so and try to avoid doing so repeatedly. Not Trump, who uses promise-breaking like a tool.

See Statement A.

A famous example was taking out a full page ad in a major newspaper to call for the death penalty for the Central Park 5, (as if Trump himself should be kangaroo court judge and jury) but then when DNA evidence and a confession definitively proved none of the accused committed the murder, Trump refused to apologize or even change his position. That's not taking responsibility. That's doubling down on a hurtful racist mistake.

If he wants to show how much he has given he could release his taxes, but that was another lie when he promised he would and never did, giving multiple excuses for why not.

See Statement A.

No, that is incorrect. You have incorrectly applied the conditions individually (Statement A.) An accurate diagnosis is not up to us. Dr Dodes is a psychiatrist. He has studied this field and is far more knowledgeable that you or I. I am taking his word for this over yours. And he is not the only one. Other professionals have made similar assessments. You're soft on Trump, so you are simply looking for any way to deny what these professionals have said. Do you have any professionals who are ready to disagree with these assessments? That would support your case. What you have posted so far does not.
    Trump has his stupidity and corruption to keep himself warm. Daily Show showed some Trump talk last night. It is revealing. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trevo...b0d1e11367a037

12. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-20-2019)

13. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You made an appeal to Lance Dodes who listed seven traits that define sociopathy. Dodes claimed that Trump meets every one of them. I asked how so. You answered. I am now explaining how your application of those traits to Trump is BS, since it makes basically everyone into a sociopath.
    Except it does no such thing. Never was it suggested that meeting just one of the traits resulted in a determination of sociopath. That's your mistake and why you reached an erroneous conclusion.

You appealed to Lance Dodes, who argued that those seven traits define sociopathy and that Trump exudes all seven of those traits. Now, since I showed how ridiculous Dodes is being, you are backpedaling and claiming that what Dodes said doesn't necessarily define sociopathy. So then what's the definition of sociopathy? What makes one a sociopath? Who determines this?
    I'll accept the professionals terms for that.

If he has "lost his butt in real estate", then why is he so rich??
    That's a good question. If he would release his taxes like he said he would we would be able to see. So it's very suspicious that he won't live up to his word.

Why are many of his other business ventures succeeding?? You can't simply ignore the ones which are succeeding to this very day.
    His most profitable product is his name. He has built a brand out of his name. He kind of stumbled into it, actually. He found out what his name was worth when he went bankrupt in the casinos. And all the banks that he owed so much money to got together and had a meeting. They ended up bailing Trump out because if he went bankrupt then all his businesses would also stop producing, and that was going to be an even greater loss. So they made a deal and Trump had to give up ownership of the troubled assets, and he got an allowance to live on as all the other properties were allowed to run and produce under the Trump name.

After that he realized that just having his name on a project was worth something to the developers. He began selling his name. Many of the Trump properties were not actually owned by him. Like the deal in Panama City. He ran the hotel with his name on it but he didn't own it. The other investors brought money to the table, he brought his name. His management of the Hotel was so bad that it lost money. All the investors lost money and are now suing Trump in the State of New York for their losses.

LIE. He has never spoken ill of immigrants.
    He called them drug smugglers, rapists and criminals. "They're not sending their best people."

He has always been a supporter of legal immigration. "
    He has reduced the number of legal immigrants allowed, and he has declared that we don't want immigrants from S-hole countries.

As he should. They are not US Citizens. They are citizens of other countries. He is President of the United States of America. He is not President of Mexico, nor any other country.
    Ya might want to recheck the Declaration of Independence. I think it says: 'All men are created equal,' not all American men.

Legal immigration good. Illegal immigration bad. Not sure how I can make that any simpler.
    Why try? It's already oversimplified to the point of absurdity.

Polls are meaningless.
    Until they show Trump doing well.

Apparently a majority of Americans who got asked that question don't know the definition of racism.
    I think they know well enough.

You came up with something refuting every statement, except every one of your assertions was false, as has been shown.

Neither do I. I actually feel sorry for him and wish him well. I would really like to see him get some counseling for his problem. That being, of course, that he has no heart.

I deny what they say because they are psychoquacks who happen to hold hatred and vitriol towards Trump.
    Yes, we heard how anyone who disagrees with Trump has 'hatred and vitriol' for him. The problem with that is there needs to be a place for valid criticism, which your position doesn't allow..

I stake that ground.

What I have posted unravels the psychoquackery foundation behind the assertion that Trump is a sociopath.[/QUOTE]

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

15. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello gfm7175,

Except it does no such thing. Never was it suggested that meeting just one of the traits resulted in a determination of sociopath. That's your mistake and why you reached an erroneous conclusion.

I'll accept the professionals terms for that.

If he has "lost his butt in real estate", then why is he so rich??
    That's a good question. If he would release his taxes like he said he would we would be able to see. So it's very suspicious that he won't live up to his word.

Why are many of his other business ventures succeeding?? You can't simply ignore the ones which are succeeding to this very day.
    His most profitable product is his name. He has built a brand out of his name. He kind of stumbled into it, actually. He found out what his name was worth when he went bankrupt in the casinos. And all the banks that he owed so much money to got together and had a meeting. They ended up bailing Trump out because they reasoned if they seized all his properties they would likely stop producing, and that was going to be an even greater loss. So they made a deal and Trump had to give up ownership of the troubled assets, and he got an allowance to live on as all the other properties were allowed to run and produce under the Trump name to pay back the agreed settlement.

After that he realized that just having his name on a project was worth something to developers. He began selling his name. Many of the Trump properties were not actually owned by him. Like the deal in Panama City. He ran the hotel with his name on it but he didn't own it. The other investors brought money to the table, he brought his name. His management of the Hotel was so bad that it lost money. All the investors lost money and are now suing Trump in the State of New York for their losses.

LIE. He has never spoken ill of immigrants.
    He called them drug smugglers, rapists and criminals. "They're not sending their best people." And it would have been far more polite to simply say you thought my statement was false.

He has always been a supporter of legal immigration. "
    He has reduced the number of legal immigrants allowed, and he has declared that we don't want immigrants from S-hole countries.

Ya might want to recheck the Declaration of Independence. I think it says: 'All men are created equal,' not all American men.

Why try? It's already oversimplified to the point of absurdity.

Polls are meaningless.
    Until they show Trump doing well.

Apparently a majority of Americans who got asked that question don't know the definition of racism.
    I think they know well enough.

You came up with something refuting every statement, except every one of your assertions was false, as has been shown.

Neither do I. I actually feel sorry for him and wish him well. I would really like to see him get some counseling for his problem. That being, of course, that he has no heart.

Yes, we heard how anyone who disagrees with Trump has 'hatred and vitriol' for him. The problem with that is there needs to be a place for valid criticism, which your position doesn't allow..

I stake that ground.

Oh, so then we should just take your word over that of a credible link? Good luck on that one.

What I have posted unravels the psychoquackery foundation behind the assertion that Trump is a sociopath.
    Why don't you just call him a fake PhD? It would be just as convincing.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

17. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 232 Posts

David-Brooks, the Jew, is no conservative. E.g. he was pro-faggot marriage while most of America was still against it. Wanting increased military spending doesn't make him a conservative, it makes him a pro-war piece of shit. There's nothing conservative about how much money America spends on the military now.

Of course he called Trump a sociopath. Trump, the moderate, is too conservative for the Jew.
    Ape lives matter. Stop putting them in zoos. Boycott businesses that don't hire apes.

Then answered all the Jews, and said, Jesus' blood be on us, and on our children. So be it.
    Jews want to turn America into an atheistic, amoral, socialist farmyard.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobb For This Post:

19. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Trump has his stupidity and corruption to keep himself warm. Daily Show showed some Trump talk last night. It is revealing. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trevo...b0d1e11367a037
    Thnx, great clip, you should make a thread.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

20. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    David-Brooks, the Jew, is no conservative. E.g. he was pro-faggot marriage while most of America was still against it. Wanting increased military spending doesn't make him a conservative, it makes him a pro-war piece of shit. There's nothing conservative about how much money America spends on the military now.

Of course he called Trump a sociopath. Trump, the moderate, is too conservative for the Jew.
    I think you have the wrong thread

This is the David Brooks conservative thread.. Shalom...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

21. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow, Trump sure melted down this week.

Calling Powell the enemy.

Who hired Powell, anyway?

22. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow, Trump sure melted down this week.

Calling Powell the enemy.

Who hired Powell, anyway?
    must of been obama or a hillary appointee...

trump ordered a door mat, not a fed chair.......

23. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    must of been obama or a hillary appointee...

trump ordered a door mat, not a fed chair.......
    Ha HAAAAA!

Good one.

I never cease to be amazed that this is the guy the Republicans want to rally around. I would be so ashamed. He is so fake! It's sad what the Republican party has become.

24. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is very hard to believe but now they are stuck w/ him, the ones that didn't leave the party..