Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentagon blames Trump for resurgence of ISIS

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I made a study of radical Islam shortly after 9/11.
    And?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-10-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    In less than 5 minutes, you should be able to tell us why only a moron would make such a claim.
    We keep waiting for you do to it lol.

To say ‘Obama created ISIS’ is a manner of speaking—most of us get. It’s more precise to say Obama *enabled* ISIS to take over much of Iraq and pretty much commit wholesale genocide on Christians, other minority religions and even their fellow Muslims who didn’t accept their perverse ‘doctrine’.

See, that’s just off the top of my head. I don’t need Google.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We keep waiting for you do to it lol.

To say ‘Obama created ISIS’ is a manner of speaking—most of us get. It’s more precise to say Obama *enabled* ISIS to take over much of Iraq and pretty much commit wholesale genocide on Christians, other minority religions and even their fellow Muslims who didn’t accept their perverse ‘doctrine’.

See, that’s just off the top of my head. I don’t need Google.
    See that? Even you are smarter than Sailor. You don't believe Obama created ISIS, but he does.

Let's view ISIS as cancer. Are you saying that the doctor created the cancer if he/she cannot cure it, or is it more about the patient?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

See that? Even you are smarter than Sailor. You don't believe Obama created ISIS, but he does.

Let's view ISIS as cancer. Are you saying that the doctor created the cancer if he/she cannot cure it, or is it more about the patient?
    Well, if you think Sailor meant Obama *literally* created ISIS, I’m not sure what to say lol.

It’s rhetoric. It’s like saying ‘look at the mess Obama made in Iraq’. Obviously, Obama didn’t fund ISIS or help train them but his policy decisions *enabled* ISIS to set up their caliphate.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, if you think Sailor meant Obama *literally* created ISIS, I’m not sure what to say lol.

It’s rhetoric. It’s like saying ‘look at the mess Obama made in Iraq’. Obviously, Obama didn’t fund ISIS or help train them but his policy decisions *enabled* ISIS to set up their caliphate.
    Really? You think Sailor is just posting nonsense because he's a troll who still isn't comfortable with his sexuality? (constant references to his challengers being gay).

What did you learn about our status of forces agreement when you were engulfed in your study about terrorism?

At what point did ISIS become such a killing machine, and who was responsible for their rapid advances in recruiting?

10. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

11. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really? You think Sailor is just posting nonsense because he's a troll who still isn't comfortable with his sexuality? (constant references to his challengers being gay).

What did you learn about our status of arms agreement when you were engulfed in your study about terrorism?

At what point did ISIS become such a killing machine, and who was responsible for their rapid advances in recruiting?
    Are you trying to say Bush created ISIS lol?

I’ve debated the SOFA arrangement till I’m blue in the face. I’m pretty sure you can’t educate me on radical Islam.

12. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you trying to say Bush created ISIS lol?

I’ve debated the SOFA arrangement till I’m blue in the face. I’m pretty sure you can’t educate me on radical Islam.
    And still, you blame Obama for ISIS. Go figure

13. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And still, you blame Obama for ISIS. Go figure
    I blame ISIS for ISIS.

But it’s undeniable that Obama’s policy decisions enabled ISIS to inflict their carnage on the region. I can accept that he was determined to pull out of Iraq. I fault him less for that than for literally watching them waltz into Iraq from Syria.

‘Junior varsity’ and all that.

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I blame ISIS for ISIS.

But it’s undeniable that Obama’s policy decisions enabled ISIS to inflict their carnage on the region. I can accept that he was determined to pull out of Iraq. I fault him less for that than for literally watching them waltz into Iraq from Syria.

‘Junior varsity’ and all that.
    Sure. The pace at which they became a killing machine was not expected by Obama (read...his intel. agencies). The question that you should be interested in is 'what changed ISIS from a tiny tumor to a metastatic cancer?' It was well on it's way long before Obama became POTUS.

What was the catalyst that created an atmosphere that increased recruiting, and fine tuned the methods that were employed during their acts of terror?

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,845 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    By the Jesus. You are more limpwristed than normal tonight. That link is CNN interviewing Obama himself. He even admits it. Of course, some NY backwoods liberal hick knows more right? LMAO!
    says someone who floats around on the good ship lollipop blowing your ship mates
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "A scathing new Pentagon report blames Trump for the return of ISIS in Syria and Iraq"

"A report from the Pentagon inspector general found that President Donald Trump's decision to rapidly pull troops out of Syria and divert attention from diplomacy in Iraq has inadvertently aided the Islamic State's regrouping in Syria and Iraq."

"The Department of Defense's quarterly report to Congress on the effectiveness of the US Operation Inherent Resolve mission said that "ISIS continued its transition from a territory-holding force to an insurgency in Syria, and it intensified its insurgency in Iraq" — even though Trump said ISIS was defeated and the caliphate quashed"

"The Trump administration's decision to focus its attention on Iran reduced its capacity to effectively counter ISIS in Iraq and Syria"

https://www.businessinsider.com/pent...rce=reddit.com

Seems Trump's "America First" policy, whatever that hell that is besides a cliche for the gym rallies, is imploding all over the world. We've lost strong relationships with traditional allies, watched the Far East fragment, allowed China to extend spheres of influence worldwide, authoritarian leaders to pretty much do what they want unchecked, and as we've seen here, even managed to screw up apparent success

But as long as Trump keeps insulting and demonizing the people and ideas the Trumpkins are afraid of, it's a "greater America," regardless of the realities
    Oh, we're not worried about the real stuff. We've got fake 'invaders' at the southern border to distract the attention of the conned.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sure. The pace at which they became a killing machine was not expected by Obama (read...his intel. agencies). The question that you should be interested in is 'what changed ISIS from a tiny tumor to a metastatic cancer?' It was well on it's way long before Obama became POTUS.

What was the catalyst that created an atmosphere that increased recruiting, and fine tuned the methods that were employed during their acts of terror?
    The ‘tumor’ is radical Islam.

That religious ideology is endemic in the region and it will ‘metastasize’ when given the opportunity. Bush shouldn’t have toppled Saddam because it left a vacuum in the region. Like you said, intelligence and all that. And we should leave Assad alone for the same reason.

The least-bad option in Afghanistan is to play whack a mole with the Islamists. When they reconstitute after we withdraw, hit them. Hard. That was the mistake Obama made [ok, his intelligence people] after withdrawing from Iraq.

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello archives,

Oh, we're not worried about the real stuff. We've got fake 'invaders' at the southern border to distract the attention of the conned.
    Actually, I wonder if our military resources wouldn’t be better spent closer to home than in Afghanistan.

Currently, there’s a nationwide opioid epidemic that’s directly tied to the Mexican cartels. The mere threat of the most powerful military force on the planet might ‘give them pause’.

Just a thought.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-10-2019)

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Nice post, Darth.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.2 For This Post:

Darth Omar (08-10-2019)

23. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The ‘tumor’ is radical Islam.

That religious ideology is endemic in the region and it will ‘metastasize’ when given the opportunity. Bush shouldn’t have toppled Saddam because it left a vacuum in the region. Like you said, intelligence and all that. And we should leave Assad alone for the same reason.

The least-bad option in Afghanistan is to play whack a mole with the Islamists. When they reconstitute after we withdraw, hit them. Hard. That was the mistake Obama made [ok, his intelligence people] after withdrawing from Iraq.
    It left a vacuum in the region, but it also forced his military elite to flee. Where did they land, and what was the outcome?

Agree about Syria. If we stopped pretending that we give a shit about the citizens living under the rule of tyrants, we could let the region stabilize after the rival factions fight to the death.

Every year that passes, we need Mid East oil less and less. It's time to change our view of the region. Arab Spring was a pipe dream that simply cannot happen in the Mid East.