Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Flag Law- Extreme Risk Protective Order

1. #451 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Of course, that is the purpose of the courts. Without them the president and Congress would be completely free to determine their own powers and there would be no check on those powers (including jury nullification).
    that's some very circular logic you're trying to spin..............it's almost like you're saying that the preamble is just flowery speech to the government and doesn't mean anything, like 'we the people'.........i'll bet you think 'we are the government' also, don't you?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #452 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, and it has nothing to do with amending the Constitution since that process was defined in Article V.
    you don't think the states have a say in amending the constitution? how many states does it take to ratify an amendment?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #453 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    you don't think the states have a say in amending the constitution? how many states does it take to ratify an amendment?
    You misstated my post. I said amendments require both federal and state action (not that the states don't have a say). The state role is ratifying amendments. The federal level is involved in proposing those amendments.

I said the 9th amendment has nothing to do with the amending process.

4. #454 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

So let's do nothing, and let crazy ppl kill everyone.

I say we need RFL's and AWB.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

5. #455 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You misstated my post. I said amendments require both federal and state action (not that the states don't have a say). The state role is ratifying amendments. The federal level is involved in proposing those amendments.

I said the 9th amendment has nothing to do with the amending process.
    thank you for restating it in a clearer manner, then.

6. #456 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

that's some very circular logic you're trying to spin..............it's almost like you're saying that the preamble is just flowery speech to the government and doesn't mean anything, like 'we the people'.........i'll bet you think 'we are the government' also, don't you?
    The preamble has no binding legal principles. The "we the people" is not a power---the powers and limits of government are contained in the document itself as exercised through the people through their representatives. You are claiming the preamble overrides the Constitution itself. The people can't change the Constitution except in the most abstract sense.

7. #457 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    They have every right to interpret the Constitution. They own it. They are the ONLY ones that can interpret it or amend it, collectively.
    Can you give me an example of how the states have ever interpreted the Constitution? And how that was done in practice.

8. #458 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Too bad they also attempt to change the Constitution from time to time.

But you are not looking at the problem, only the success stories.
    According to your system those problems would be solved by constitutional provisions such as "we the people," the states, jury nullification, or whatever methods you think restrictions were put on the constitutional powers of government.

Since those problems were not solved in your view those methods to check the powers of government either do not exist or the people, states, and juries were happy with those decisions and do not see them as a problem.

You claim there are all these checks other than the courts but apparently they are not working.

9. #459 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The preamble has no binding legal principles. The "we the people" is not a power---the powers and limits of government are contained in the document itself as exercised through the people through their representatives. You are claiming the preamble overrides the Constitution itself. The people can't change the Constitution except in the most abstract sense.
    i just can't.............

10. #460 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i just can't.............
    I know. You just can't show us any examples where provisions in the preamble (or Declaration) have ever been applied in legal cases.

11. #461 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Can you give me an example of how the states have ever interpreted the Constitution? And how that was done in practice.
    Prohibition
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

Into the Night (08-21-2019)

13. #462 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Prohibition
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

14. #463 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know. You just can't show us any examples where provisions in the preamble (or Declaration) have ever been applied in legal cases.
    whatever. i'm done trying to point you idiots in the direction of freedom when all you can see is your comfortable chains. i'm out.

15. #464 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Back on topic:

I believe that any Red Flag Law, needs to have a provision that includes the necessity of having a hearing, with the accuser and the accused; prior to any firearm removal and severe consequences for false allegations.

Except for cases, like those recently, where the idiot(s) posted what they intended to do.

My reason is:

Someone has a beef with their neighbor, know they possess firearms, and makes a vague accusation, just to irritate the neighbor.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. #465 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think it's interesting to apply family tactics to point at others instead of rule of law.
    Once we establish, a weird moment from a family member to get 'Authority' involved we can then move to the first amendment of 'red letter' law. The law that gets a family member to rat out the non compliant group. (Fill in the enemy of limited profit) to suppress any other idea than billionaire lottery.

Man this is tiring....

So much failure of shared interconnected humanity and life by partisan bullshit. Sad is not the word, attachment is the, ... word.