Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump Lied Again: Coal Train Will Not Roll Until Miners Made Whole. "No Pay We Stay."

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I trust the major media
    Oh brother !
    That explains a lot.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Oh brother !
    That explains a lot.
    Let me guess. You think the major media is part of a massive conspiracy to perpetuate the 'hoax' that industrialization has resulted in climate change.

The media has properly reported all of the aspects of climate change which are occurring, and statements by science about why this is happening. If science were to change it's position, yes, I do trust the major media to report on that. No, I do not believe there is some kind of massive media conspiracy to prevent the public from learning the truth about climate change.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"The miners were scheduled to meet with their lawyers Saturday to receive an update on the legal dispute over the “hot goods” question.

Lawyers for the Department of Labor contend that coal is considered “hot goods” and “should be prevented from being transported in interstate commerce until these workers have been paid in accordance with the FLSA.” The acronym stands for the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Blackjewel, meanwhile, wants to move the trains carrying millions of dollars of coal.

The meeting at the tracks was intended for miners and their families. Media were not expected to attend.

The out-of-work miners have blocked the tracks since late July."

$90,000 raised for striking miners
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump's America 'standing up for labor:' Laid off Coal workers protesting to get paid; and Auto workers on strike to oppose plant closures and layoffs.

UAW On Strike Against GM Plan To Close Factories, Lay Off Workers, Despite Trump.

Profits first, American workers last.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Let me guess. You think the major media is part of a massive conspiracy to perpetuate the 'hoax' that industrialization has resulted in climate change.

The media has properly reported all of the aspects of climate change which are occurring, and statements by science about why this is happening. If science were to change it's position, yes, I do trust the major media to report on that. No, I do not believe there is some kind of massive media conspiracy to prevent the public from learning the truth about climate change.
    Major media has already admitted to have gone past simple bias to activism.
    "Science" is the issue here and why Mann's British Columbia lawsuit loss is so significant. You cant spin the truth in court. Thats why he had to refuse to submit his "data".
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

"Science" is the issue here and why Mann's British Columbia lawsuit loss is so significant. You cant spin the truth in court. Thats why he had to refuse to submit his "data".
    You act like the fate of the planet all rests on what one person has done and one court case.

Sounds like a total diversion from what is happening on the ground right now.

We now have climate refugees from Marsh Harbor in the USA.

How can it get any more real that that?

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

You act like the fate of the planet all rests on what one person has done and one court case.

Sounds like a total diversion from what is happening on the ground right now.

We now have climate refugees from Marsh Harbor in the USA.

How can it get any more real that that?
    This one person is the cornerstone of the entire myth.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This one person is the cornerstone of the entire myth.
    Wrong. Science the world over agrees.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wrong. Science the world over agrees.
    Agrees on an unproven theory.
    What does that say about the state of science ?

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

That is patently ridiculous.

How could major media 'admit' to ANYTHING???

There is lot more than one person there.

You can't treat major media as if it was a single person.

That is absurd.

Talk about stereotyping!

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Science doesn't 'prove' anything. It confirms by observation.

What does that say about your scientific illiteracy?

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

It doesn't say anything about science. What it says is you are drawing conclusions that support your predetermined beliefs.

God is an 'unproven theory,' too. That doesn't stop most people from believing in that.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,098 Times in 11,671 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump says 'the coal industry is back.' The government's jobs numbers say otherwise.

"The protest, which has remained peaceful, began Monday after a train was seen going onto property of Blackjewel, the mine operator that filed for bankruptcy without warning on July 1.
    Word quickly spread through the community around Cumberland, a town of about 2,200 in Harlan County in southeastern Kentucky. Dozens of miners began showing up to block the tracks -- angry that they mined the coal, but didn't get paid for the work.

"We're doing without money, food and everything else before our kids are starting back to school. We can't even get clothes or nothing else for them, so it was like a kick in the face," miner Chris Rowe told CNN affiliate WYMT. "That's basically what it was."

"We get our money, this load of coal that's on this train can go by," miner Shane Smith told WYMT. "But until then, there'll be no trains coming in, there'll be no trains going out," "

"A CSX train remains blocked my #blackjewelprotest as it sits fully loaded on a Harlan County railroad track. The miners insist they’re not moving until they get paid."

""The miners showed up [for work] one day and the gates were locked with no notice," the mayor said."

No Pay We Stay

Compositional error fallacy. Blackjewel is not all coal mines, dummy.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

They have.
    The media has properly reported all of the aspects of climate change which are occurring,
    Define 'climate change'.
    and statements by science about why this is happening.
    There is no science. The Church of Global Warming denies science and mathematics.
    * You can't create energy out of nothing.
    * You can't destroy energy into nothing.
    * You can't trap or slow heat.
    * You can't trap thermal energy. There is always heat.
    * You can't heat the warmer surface using a colder gas.
    * You can't trap light.
    * You can't reduce the radiance of Earth and increase its temperature at the same time.

If science were to change it's position, yes,
    Science is not have a position. Science is not scientists or any group of scientists. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. You are denying them. See the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth using infrared light emitted from Earth's surface.
    I do trust the major media to report on that.
    Obviously. You have taken the hook, line, and sinker.
    No, I do not believe there is some kind of massive media conspiracy to prevent the public from learning the truth about climate change.
    The truth? Define 'climate change'. Void argument fallacy.

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump's America 'standing up for labor:' Laid off Coal workers protesting to get paid; and Auto workers on strike to oppose plant closures and layoffs.

UAW On Strike Against GM Plan To Close Factories, Lay Off Workers, Despite Trump.

Profits first, American workers last.
    Yeah. Government Motors isn't doing so well!