Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump Lied Again: Coal Train Will Not Roll Until Miners Made Whole. "No Pay We Stay."

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Trump should pay these miners pay owed them, he is a billionaire??? It would boost his approval ratings among his base and others too?!! Come on Trump, just 11.8 million dollars, chump change for a billionaire?!! Melania spends that in a year on clothes! It would do a lot on making coal great again too?!!
    It would probably be worth it to him. But he would never do it. If any kind of payment comes to them besides the coal company it would be the taxpayers stuck with the bill. Maybe Congress should act?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-25-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Blackjewel LLC filed for bankruptcy July 1 owing $6 million to its 1,700 workers in Wyoming and Central Appalachia, including more than $4,000 in unpaid wages to Kentucky coal miner Chris Rowe in Cumberland.

Blackjewel also owed $32 million in loans to Riverstone Holdings, an international investment firm that manages $39 billion in capital.

Guess who is likely to get paid in coming weeks.

Riverstone is listed in bankruptcy court filings as the “super-priority senior secured debtor-in-possession,” with a lien on Blackjewel assets currently being sold for millions of dollars. It was Riverstone that wrote that contractual description of itself when it made its first $28 million loan to Blackjewel two years ago, putting it at the top of the heap today, according to court filings.

Riverstone enjoyed such a strong position that when it made a second loan to Blackjewel for $5 million, two days after the July 1 bankruptcy filing, it was able to demand the resignation of Blackjewel chief executive Jeff Hoops and all members of Hoops’ family. (Hoops has blamed Riverstone for forcing his company into bankruptcy by refusing to extend repayment terms for the 2017 loan.)

“It looks like Riverstone should emerge from this virtually unscathed,” said Clark Williams-Derry, an energy industry finance analyst for the Sightline Institute in Seattle.

“As for everyone else — the bottom line is, the workers, the vendors, the government agencies, all of the other creditors that are still owed millions, they’ll be left at the end of the line fighting for scraps,” Williams-Derry said. “The American bankruptcy system right now favors the financiers. That’s just the way our laws are written.”"

Unlike miners, this lender to emerge from Blackjewel bankruptcy ‘virtually unscathed’
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-25-2019)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (08-29-2019)

6. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The coal company has compassion - for the big money investors, not the miners.

"As angry coal miners continued to block a set of railroad tracks in Harlan County Friday, the miners’ former employer, Blackjewel LLC., sought a court order to let a disputed coal train pass through the blockade.

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/kentucky/article234307937.html#storylink=cpy"

Blackjewel seeks court order to move disputed coal train as miner protest continues

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-25-2019)

8. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump says 'the coal industry is back.' The government's jobs numbers say otherwise.

"The protest, which has remained peaceful, began Monday after a train was seen going onto property of Blackjewel, the mine operator that filed for bankruptcy without warning on July 1.
    Word quickly spread through the community around Cumberland, a town of about 2,200 in Harlan County in southeastern Kentucky. Dozens of miners began showing up to block the tracks -- angry that they mined the coal, but didn't get paid for the work.

"We're doing without money, food and everything else before our kids are starting back to school. We can't even get clothes or nothing else for them, so it was like a kick in the face," miner Chris Rowe told CNN affiliate WYMT. "That's basically what it was."

"We get our money, this load of coal that's on this train can go by," miner Shane Smith told WYMT. "But until then, there'll be no trains coming in, there'll be no trains going out," "

"A CSX train remains blocked my #blackjewelprotest as it sits fully loaded on a Harlan County railroad track. The miners insist they’re not moving until they get paid."

""The miners showed up [for work] one day and the gates were locked with no notice," the mayor said."

No Pay We Stay

Sad story, hopefully they get paid....... This is the kinda misery that is caused & the rip-offs that occur when a company does a "strategic" filing like that..

The old days the governor would have sent out the national guard for target practice..

THIS IS ONE OF TRUMPS PROTECTED GROUPS, SO MAYBE HE WILL TAKE UP FOR THEM AGAINST THIS COMPANY DOING WHAT HE HAS DONE OH SO MANY TIMES...

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Of course.....the 4-5% rate of unemployment in these coal producing states....down from the 9-10% realized over the entire length of a BHO administration, IS JUST AN ILLUSION. The left wing propaganda is real, it must be, THE PEOPLE never rejected failed democrat policies, TRUMP only won because of RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA....just like Mueller proved,...err..my bad, Mueller could not prove, but a democrat congress is GOING TO PROVE at some time in the future when they are finished LOOKING for a crime to pin on the Teflon Don.

Left wing propaganda did not work in 2016...what makes you assume anything has changed in the new world of instant communication where the propaganda can be debunked as soon as it appears? The mainstream media......the propaganda wing of the DNC, no longer controls with a monopoly the talking points. Research and instant messaging is just a mouse click away. The DINO days of the BIG 3 are over, forever EXTINCT. The talking heads like "CRONKITE" can no longer dictate state policy simply by presenting their one sided opinions.

The Vietnam War is the only war in history where the US never lost a single battle they engaged....but lost the war effort due to media interference. If the CRONKITES of the world had been allowed free reign in WW2......after the 1st day of media reporting at Normandy.....the US would have withdrawn and we the people would be speaking English as a second language right now...with Deutsch/German being the primary state language.
    Stop rattling your yap & just say if you are w/ trump's miners or the coal company........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    trump country, so where is Mitch?
    Moscow is probably home counting his money..

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump says 'the coal industry is back.' The government's jobs numbers say otherwise.

"The protest, which has remained peaceful, began Monday after a train was seen going onto property of Blackjewel, the mine operator that filed for bankruptcy without warning on July 1.
    Word quickly spread through the community around Cumberland, a town of about 2,200 in Harlan County in southeastern Kentucky. Dozens of miners began showing up to block the tracks -- angry that they mined the coal, but didn't get paid for the work.

"We're doing without money, food and everything else before our kids are starting back to school. We can't even get clothes or nothing else for them, so it was like a kick in the face," miner Chris Rowe told CNN affiliate WYMT. "That's basically what it was."

"We get our money, this load of coal that's on this train can go by," miner Shane Smith told WYMT. "But until then, there'll be no trains coming in, there'll be no trains going out," "

"A CSX train remains blocked my #blackjewelprotest as it sits fully loaded on a Harlan County railroad track. The miners insist they’re not moving until they get paid."

""The miners showed up [for work] one day and the gates were locked with no notice," the mayor said."

No Pay We Stay

You can really see who loves the coal miners.... Scum like ralph laugh @ their plight & trump has yet to send his tweets........

Bernie Sanders sends pizza to miners blocking coal train

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Sad story, hopefully they get paid....... This is the kinda misery that is caused & the rip-offs that occur when a company does a "strategic" filing like that..

The old days the governor would have sent out the national guard for target practice..

THIS IS ONE OF TRUMPS PROTECTED GROUPS, SO MAYBE HE WILL TAKE UP FOR THEM AGAINST THIS COMPANY DOING WHAT HE HAS DONE OH SO MANY TIMES...

Yeah, he could run the debt up even higher bailing them out like he had to bail out American soybean farms impacted by his completely unnecessary trade war.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 08-25-2019 at 08:44 AM.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Amy McGrath is kicking Moscow Mitch to the curb...…...he's f'n tosat

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    You can really see who loves the coal miners.... Scum like ralph laugh @ their plight & trump has yet to send his tweets........

Bernie Sanders sends pizza to miners blocking coal train
    Right on Bernie!

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL, a lil greasy pepperoni rubbed in trump's wounds.........

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well now that Canada has exposed the fraud regarding CO2, cial can resume it's role.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Well now that Canada has exposed the fraud regarding CO2, cial can resume it's role.
    That's just myth-clinging. Everybody wishes it was a fraud or a trick or a hoax. That would be so awesome if it was just some big trick. It's not. It's real. More and more people are getting it. Sooner or later you will too. The best thing that could happen to that coal would be to dump it back into the mine and seal it up.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

That's just myth-clinging. Everybody wishes it was a fraud or a trick or a hoax. That would be so awesome if it was just some big trick. It's not. It's real. More and more people are getting it. Sooner or later you will too. The best thing that could happen to that coal would be to dump it back into the mine and seal it up.
    If it were real why would Michael Mann refuse (yet again) to release his data ? Its going to cost him considerably more than just losing face. He got tagged for the defendant's legal fees and a counter suit is being prepared now.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    If it were real why would Michael Mann refuse (yet again) to release his data ? Its going to cost him considerably more than just losing face. He got tagged for the defendant's legal fees and a counter suit is being prepared now.
    I know nothing about that case so I am not in a position to argue about it. I trust the major media to break the story if there is anything significant to it. What I do understand is that the best place for that trainload of coal would be back in the ground.