Thread: Reagan and Nixon:recorded racist call

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    Why would they choose to release the tapes NOW? There must be a reason, correct? Could it be to garner more support through identity politics? Why not also release LBJ comments?
    The former Nixon Library director fought for them to be released.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5231663

“According to Naftali, the comments were not released with the rest of the conversation in 2000 out of a desire to protect Reagan’s privacy. Naftali, who was president of the Nixon Library from 2007 to 2011, wrote that Reagan’s death in 2004 cleared up that concern and that last year he requested the National Archives rereview the conversations involving Reagan. Two weeks ago, he wrote, the National Archives released the full versions of the conversations.”

2. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-02-2019)

3. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Ohhhh, are Gladys and Earl complaining because this tape was just released, thus making it a current event and they’re too stupid to understand that? Then they post to prove their stupidity. Great going guys!
    Caught in another lie, Snowflake.

You said that you had blocked my posts.

Did you lie...again?

Claro que si.

Care to compare resumes?

LBJ-https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/did-lbj-say-ill-have-those-nggers-voting-democratic-200-years

4. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Caught in another lie, Snowflake.

You said that you had blocked my posts.

Did you lie...again?

Claro que si.

Care to compare resumes?

LBJ-https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/did-lbj-say-ill-have-those-nggers-voting-democratic-200-years
    Groan for me, bitch. GROAN!

Good little bitch. Always obeys my commands.

5. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    The former Nixon Library director fought for them to be released.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5231663

“According to Naftali, the comments were not released with the rest of the conversation in 2000 out of a desire to protect Reagan’s privacy. Naftali, who was president of the Nixon Library from 2007 to 2011, wrote that Reagan’s death in 2004 cleared up that concern and that last year he requested the National Archives rereview the conversations involving Reagan. Two weeks ago, he wrote, the National Archives released the full versions of the conversations.”
    Oh I see it was just a coincidence. But wait ,the real reason that the TAPE was released NOW is contained in your link. The author of your link knows why the tapes were released NOW. Again, It is evident that the tape was release as a sick way to garner support by using identity politics.

FROM YOUR LINK:

"I'm not saying that's what we need to do for Reagan, but this data point's important for those of us who work on the Reagan era and want to understand it better, and for people now who want to understand what lies behind the current president's racially charged and at times racist tweets.

Let's go back to the present day then and the tweets we've been seeing from the current president, about those four congresswomen known as The Squad, about [Congressman] Elijah Cummings and Baltimore. When you're seeing those tweets and hearing that from him — what, as a presidential historian ... do you make of it?

What I make of it are two things. One is that he is adopting the tropes — that is, metaphors, turns of phrase — that you can see in the language of the Dixiecrats. Those are the southern white supremacists, Southern Democrats of an earlier generation.

He is also, as president, well aware of the reaction. Don't forget he is supposed to be president of all Americans. He knows that he is triggering anger, disappointment and fear among people of colour, and actually most Americans and their allies. And yet he doubles down.

• Trump spews 'pure and simple racism' as migrants suffer in U.S. camps: congresswoman
    • Jeff Flake calls Trump's tweets about congresswomen 'vile' — but he won't call them racist

That must mean that either he believes this racist rhetoric, this nonsense. Or worse — well, just as bad — he's a cynic and he does not care about the consequences for the United States of using such ugly, divisive language.

In either case, the poison of racism is entering the policymaking system in his administration as it did in the Nixon administration and may have done in the Reagan administration. And that's a worrisome proposition."

Why no mention of LBJ or other things said by past democrats?
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

6. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    Oh I see it was just a coincidence. But wait ,the real reason that the TAPE was released NOW is contained in your link. The author of your link knows why the tapes were released NOW. Again, It is evident that the tape was release as a sick way to garner support by using identity politics.

"I'm not saying that's what we need to do for Reagan, but this data point's important for those of us who work on the Reagan era and want to understand it better, and for people now who want to understand what lies behind the current president's racially charged and at times racist tweets.

Let's go back to the present day then and the tweets we've been seeing from the current president, about those four congresswomen known as The Squad, about [Congressman] Elijah Cummings and Baltimore. When you're seeing those tweets and hearing that from him — what, as a presidential historian ... do you make of it?

What I make of it are two things. One is that he is adopting the tropes — that is, metaphors, turns of phrase — that you can see in the language of the Dixiecrats. Those are the southern white supremacists, Southern Democrats of an earlier generation.

He is also, as president, well aware of the reaction. Don't forget he is supposed to be president of all Americans. He knows that he is triggering anger, disappointment and fear among people of colour, and actually most Americans and their allies. And yet he doubles down.

• Trump spews 'pure and simple racism' as migrants suffer in U.S. camps: congresswoman
    • Jeff Flake calls Trump's tweets about congresswomen 'vile' — but he won't call them racist

That must mean that either he believes this racist rhetoric, this nonsense. Or worse — well, just as bad — he's a cynic and he does not care about the consequences for the United States of using such ugly, divisive language.

In either case, the poison of racism is entering the policymaking system in his administration as it did in the Nixon administration and may have done in the Reagan administration. And that's a worrisome proposition."

Why no mention of LBJ or other things said by past democrats?

Believe what you want, shitstain. I merely provided the explanation from the guy who pushed for the release. Read whatever you want into it, prick.

Re: Trump. His racism goes back to the 70s. Well documented. And they continue to this day. From the “Mexican” judge he wanted recused from his lawsuit, to Muslim bans, to other Mexican comments, to “Send her back” and any number of other comments from your Liar-in-Chief. “I’m the LEAST racist person in the world.”

7. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    get off the drugs

Capitalism is NOT racist

jeeebus girl wake up
    catching the drift??

Sadly she has some decent points to make, but unfortunately she is too flawed a vehicle to convey them..

Most ppl just ignore her now, not sure there is much anyone but her can do about that...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

TQ

Im begining to believe you don't have the betterment of mankind in your priorities

You instead seem to want to cause yet more racist pain for mankind

If you don't believe in Dr kings dream then you are not part of the solution

I dont respect racists NO MATTER WHAT COLOR THEY ARE

check your shit
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Bill ffs, surely you must agree that TTQ is insane?
    I have known her a while-years.. I don't know her mental state but as envince is pointing out- she is to flawed to be her own good advocate.. (Buy own I mean her causes)..

I dunno if she is worse now then before as honestly don't find reading what she has to say as fruitful or time well spent..

10. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

11. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

grabbing pussy and hating black people
    Are you on a giant BENDER or what? Holy shit!

12. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

13. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/re...rtandhp#page=2

the republican party has been the racist party for a very long time
    Didnt Byrd say racist things...left loved him

14. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Didnt Byrd say racist things...left loved him
    No, liberals did not love Byrd, you are lying.

15. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Facts are addicting to those who love truth
    So you must be addicted to Joe...you know he spouts racist things.. out loud... all the time...has for years

16. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    So you must know Joe spouts racist things out loud all the time...has for years
    Eat shit foreskin lips

Your Republican Party has hated democracy all my life

And I’m an old fuck