Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
Why - because it is foolish to assume the best and act as if there is no threat when a possible threat exists.

Better to Be Prepared, the Boy Scout motto. Be Prepared, no matter what may come your way. If you are prepared, then you have the best chance to survive.

And plus, huge plus here, converting our energy to new sources is providing a lot of jobs and new economic opportunity. We are tapping into sustainable energy sources. Things like coal and oil are finite. They will run out. Sun will shine and wind will blow until the Earth is destroyed by the sun in a billion years. By then we will find the means to move to other planets. If we keep drilling blasting and digging we are destroying our own habitat.
Sure carbon based is finite but solar and wind can be rendered moot if we start having volcanos go off (Yellowstone is threatening among others).
I have no issues with new sources but wind and solar have not been shown to be affordable. Fusion as discussed in other topical threads has that potential.
I do support actual conservation so i would welcome ways to limit emmissions but not at any costs or for false premises.
If you want to fret about something real, consider that we are fast running out of food and potable water.