Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pew- the more ppl know about religion, the less they like Evangelicals why???

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf Pew- the more ppl know about religion, the less they like Evangelicals why???

Any thoughts or feelings as to why this is??

I will add my 2cents off the top: Politics.. I believe other knowledgeable "Religious folks" see the politics much more than the "Religion"..

Was listening to NPR & wasn't real surprised to learn this..

By those that are knowledgeable about religion most found Buddhist & Jewish religions most favorably & Evangelicals the least..

New Poll Shows Young Americans Are Not Especially Knowledgeable About Religion (AUDIO LAST 20 Secs)

Here is the PEW study
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

It shows the left's hatred and despise of Evangelicals has influenced the ignorant.
    They claim everything is political about us, but that is far from the truth. None of
    our sermons or classes promote politics in any way, we don't question those we help.
    Maybe we should quit helping people, quit donating to local homeless shelters and
    actually earn the "reputation" the left has bestowed upon us. But we won't.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    It shows the left's hatred and despise of Evangelicals has influenced the ignorant.
    They claim everything is political about us, but that is far from the truth. None of
    our sermons or classes promote politics in any way, we don't question those we help.
    Maybe we should quit helping people, quit donating to local homeless shelters and
    You can't speak for all Evangelical Christian Churches.Many preach politics.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-24-2019), Trumpet (07-24-2019)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    You can't speak for all Evangelical Christian Churches.Many preach politics.
    Then show us which ones do. And back up your accusations with facts, or shut up.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

I knew people were going to bring up "the Left," but I didn't think it would be this quickly. Kudos, crazy people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-24-2019)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I knew people were going to bring up "the Left," but I didn't think it would be this quickly. Kudos, crazy people.
    Yet you can't deny it, can you?

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did you look @ the research??

The "left" is pretty well versed & knowledgeable about religion, interesting...

Sounds kinda like a threat~maybe that is the kinda thing they don't like about Evangelicals..??

They are not @ your sermons, but they must see & hear Evangelicals other places..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yet you can't deny it, can you?
    Yes I can.
    You just assume anyone you disagree with is on "the Left."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Trumpet (07-24-2019)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Did you look @ the research??

The "left" is pretty well versed & knowledgeable about religion, interesting...

Sounds kinda like a threat~maybe that is the kinda thing they don't like about Evangelicals..??

They are not @ your sermons, but they must see & hear Evangelicals other places..
    So, you think people know Evangelicals from others when they speak to them? Do we have a brand on our foreheads so you can tell who we are?

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes I can.
    You just assume anyone you disagree with is on "the Left."
    Read the posts on this forum. It's those on the left who criticize Christians of any denomination.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, you think people know Evangelicals from others when they speak to them? Do we have a brand on our foreheads so you can tell who we are?
    I think you didn't read it..... Oh well..

I think StoneByStone brings up a good point-your first response/assumption is an attack by lefties- these are religious ppl, & "we know leftest are not religious", right??

I have to say, & I mean no offense & you can hate on me if you like, but I think ppl, knowledgeable religious ppl, see your politics long before they see the Jesus in you.. & I don't mean you personally..

The politic out front, not the Jesus...

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I think you didn't read it..... Oh well..

I think StoneByStone brings up a good point-your first response/assumption is an attack by lefties- these are religious ppl, & "we know leftest are not religious", right??

I have to say, & I mean no offense & you can hate on me if you like, but I think ppl, knowledgeable religious ppl, see your politics long before they see the Jesus in you.. & I don't mean you personally..

The politic out front, not the Jesus...
    Do you think there aren't Democrats who attend Evangelical churches? I hate to piss in your Cheerios, but there are.
    Have you ever attended an Evangelical church? Before you or Stone attacks us, maybe you should.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Read the posts on this forum. It's those on the left who criticize Christians of any denomination.

Uh-huh. Sure. Those poor Christians are under attack from "THE LEFT."

Really, the only person who I've seen criticizing Christians here is Guno.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you think there aren't Democrats who attend Evangelical churches? I hate to piss in your Cheerios, but there are.
    Have you ever attended an Evangelical church? Before you or Stone attacks us, maybe you should.
    Sure I know that, I just don't think many republicans do....

Yep, many times... I went a couple weeks ago in fact..

Pls, I am not attacking you or Evangelicals..

This isn't an easy topic to have w/out ppl feeling attacked etc as that is usually how that goes..

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Uh-huh. Sure. Those poor Christians are under attack from "THE LEFT."

Really, the only person who I've seen criticizing Christians here is Guno.
    You don't read much, do you?