Thread: Republicans Far More Likely To Misrepresent Democrats Than Other Way Around

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Republicans Far More Likely To Misrepresent Democrats Than Other Way Around

Republicans Are Far More Likely To Misrepresent Democrats Than Other Way Around.

My observation.

Republicans are always telling you what Democrats say, but what Republicans are saying about Democrats is rarely accurate.

Sure, that happens on the Dem side too, but generally, Democrats don't HAVE TO misrepresent Republicans, because what Republicans say is so objectionable.

Republicans seem to feel the need to embellish upon what Democrats say to the point that they are really just putting words into the mouths of Democrats.

Have you ever noticed that?

I did a search to see if I was onto something. Guess what I found?

"If you repeat a lie often enough, you are a Republican."

"A new study from the nonpartisan Center For Media Affairs has concluded that since the beginning of President Obama’s second term, Republicans have lied three times more often than Democrats.

The Center For Media Affairs (CFMA) at George Mason University found that PolitiFact rated Republican claims as false three times more often than Democratic claims. Not only do Republicans lie more often, but Democrats are more truthful. By a 2 to 1 margin (22%-11%) PolitiFact rated Democratic statements as completely true. The CFMA also found that, “A majority of Democratic statements (54%) were rated as mostly or entirely true, compared to only 18% of Republican statements. Conversely, a majority of Republican statements (52%) were rated as mostly or entirely false, compared to only 24% of Democratic statements. "

Both Sides Don't Do It: Study Finds Republicans Lie Three Times More Than Democrats

Democrats tend to QUOTE Republicans.

Republicans tend to PARAPHRASE Democrats.

That's a big difference.

Democrats are being honest.

Republicans are making things up.

The problem with our Republican friends is not that they don't know things. It is that so much of what they 'know' just isn't true!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bourdeaux Nights (07-24-2019), Cypress (07-23-2019), StoneByStone (07-23-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Republicans Are Far More Likely To Misrepresent Democrats Than Other Way Around.

My observation.

Republicans are always telling you what Democrats say, but what Republicans are saying about Democrats is rarely accurate.

Sure, that happens on the Dem side too, but generally, Democrats don't HAVE TO misrepresent Republicans, because what Republicans say is so objectionable.

Republicans seem to feel the need to embellish upon what Democrats say to the point that they are really just putting words into the mouths of Democrats.

"A new study from the nonpartisan Center For Media Affairs has concluded that since the beginning of President Obama’s second term, Republicans have lied three times more often than Democrats.

The Center For Media Affairs (CFMA) at George Mason University found that PolitiFact rated Republican claims as false three times more often than Democratic claims. Not only do Republicans lie more often, but Democrats are more truthful. By a 2 to 1 margin (22%-11%) PolitiFact rated Democratic statements as completely true. The CFMA also found that, “A majority of Democratic statements (54%) were rated as mostly or entirely true, compared to only 18% of Republican statements. Conversely, a majority of Republican statements (52%) were rated as mostly or entirely false, compared to only 24% of Democratic statements. "

Both Sides Don't Do It: Study Finds Republicans Lie Three Times More Than Democrats

That's a big difference.

The problem with our Republican friends is not that they don't know things. It is that so much of what they 'know' just isn't true!

Just another lefty thinking a statement where he uses himself as a source is valid.

Your opinion is as meaningful as a job application to the average black.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans lie so much Democrats don't have to.

All the Democrats have to do is make fun of the Republican lies.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Maybe you're playing chess here politalker with the irony and kudos if you are. politicsusa is rated borderline extreme left bias by the media fact check site folks use on here and has been criticized for sensational/misleading headlines that do not match the reality of the story yet they are calling others out for supposed misrepresentation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (07-24-2019)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Maybe you're playing chess here politalker with the irony and kudos if you are. politicsusa is rated borderline extreme left bias by the media fact check site folks use on here and has been criticized for sensational/misleading headlines that do not match the reality of the story yet they are calling others out for supposed misrepresentation.
    It is truly comical watching him spin. His OP is a lie that he uses to proclaim superiority in not lying? It is like Cypress talking down on the misogynistic behavior of others. Pot/Kettle.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I can understand why you might object to the premise of this thread, cawacko. You're fairly accurate and do not generally operate on the 'what the other side is saying is' BS. But I am not the first to notice this.

Oneuli has said the same thing.

Conservatives have a much more difficult time arguing a matter. They have to be creative, paraphrase what liberals say, put words in people's mouths. All liberals have to do is find the facts that dispel Conservative arguments and point them out.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump said the squad hates America.

They never said that.

That's what Trump said they do.

They actually said they love America.

But that doesn't work for Trump's emotional con job.

He has to whip up sentiment against them, thinks that works in his favor.

So he uses made-up baloney instead of directly quoting them in full. If he quotes them at all, it is cherry-picked and taken out of context. Or he hammers on something which has already been apologized for. Demands an apology, and then when he gets it, ignores it.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

They never said that.

So he uses made-up baloney instead of directly quoting them in full. If he quotes them at all, it is cherry-picked and taken out of context. Or he hammers on something which has already been apologized for. Demands an apology, and then when he gets it, ignores it.
    Trump is a compulsive liar. And his cultists believe every one of his lies.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-25-2019)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

They never said that.

Trump is extra terrible even by Republican standards, though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-25-2019)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Leftists are so funny and think so highly of themselves.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Isn't OP being doing exactly what he says Democrats do less of by misrepresenting the actual facts.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    GOPpers hate America, but keep claiming that Democrats do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 51 Times in 48 Posts

My observation.

That's a big difference.

That's for sure. I can't tell you how many times I've been called a racist because I smack talk a lot of white people that are. Anti-White? No, I'm white, and anti-people trashing my race's image.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourdeaux Nights For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-25-2019)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello rjhenn,

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    GOPpers hate America, but keep claiming that Democrats do.
    That's ridiculous. I do not agree. I don't think anybody who is so passionate about their country to speak out about what they see wrong with it is a person who hates their country. That is a person who wants their country to be the best it can be, and is motivated to voice their concerns.

I don't think the left hates America and I don't think the right hates America. I think both sides need to ratchet down on making things up about the opposing side and start really listening to one another.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kappa Omega,

Quote Originally Posted by Kappa Omega View Post
    That's for sure. I can't tell you how many times I've been called a racist because I smack talk a lot of white people that are. Anti-White? No, I'm white, and anti-people trashing my race's image.
    Thanks for voicing your view.

There is too much focus on race and not enough on humanity.

Race should not even be an ISSUE.

We are all people.