Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Economy Is The Only Thing Keeping Trump In Office. A Crash Would End Him.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Gonzomin,

I know, right? Despite several dumb moves, he has managed to avoid screwing it up. The DOW took off the day after the election, long before Trump even took office. Trump had done nothing but slap his name on the economy. All he has done has been to build public image. He has this perception out there that he has the golden touch, so people buy into it. Most who do business with Trump later regret it. Many have been raked over the coals. How about those conned folks who put money into Trump University? They thought they were going to learn the secrets of getting rich. In a way they did get a very big lesson. Find a sucker and take advantage. In this case, they will remember the lesson well because they were the easy marks for Trump.

He has gone around and slapped his name on some hotel projects and pocketed big cash, often leaving a trail of defrauded investors and tax non-payment. His tricks include over-inflating the deals to lure investors in, and then under-valuing the properties to avoid taxes. He is a liar, he is a cheat, and he is a conman.
    And that's his good side!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    What a douche bag you are !
    You're the one blindly following the douche bag.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker.

I admire your honesty, but I abhor your position on this. I think what you're saying here is how most liberals and Democrats feel. Including those in elected office. I believe they would sabotage our economy for political gain if they could. Think about that. They would let millions of people lose their jobs and watch retiree's hard earned savings evaporate, just to get back in power. Who are the real deplorables?

Also consider this. The working poor, who you claim to care so much about are always hit hardest by a recession. FWIW, I thanked your post for honesty, not content.
    Not "to get back in power", but to get rid of Trump. It may take a generation to recover from the damage done, to our international reputation and our internal unity, by Trump. Trump has been far more divisive even than the liars on the right painted Obama to be. And he glories in it and tries to make it worse.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-25-2019)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Poleylicker is always wrong. What a douchebag. So butthurt he hopes the economy falters. Ladies and gentlemen, this dude is the type of person who ruins our country. A selfish child who wants to kick the chess board
    Trump is the selfish, and spoiled rotten, child. He's been that all his life and continues to this day. Trump is busily ruining the country and those such as tinfoil cheer him on. Serious economic problems are coming. The signs are everywhere.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    Ya .... $10 trillion did wonders !
    Trump is on track to increase the debt even more, without doing any good.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Really, who said that and gave a timeline? probably you. Trump has threatened nuke war a few times. No other president did that. The economy persists in spite of Trump, not because.
    They know they did puddin

Accept your fate. Enter the re-education camps we have set up for you or suffer the consequences

8. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-25-2019)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    They know they did puddin

Accept your fate. Enter the re-education camps we have set up for you or suffer the consequences
    Honesty from a Trump cultist! That's a first!

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    It is on the same trajectory that Obama left him.
    explain this, then.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

This Is Very Sad: I Am Actually Hoping For An Economic Collapse.

I wish for it every day.

I have all my investments out of the market.

I am so ready.

It sounds awful, but I am hoping and wishing for a recession.

The current good economy, which is benefiting so many people, helping so many people, is the only thing that is keeping Trump in office. If the economy crashed people would be jumping ship right and left, jumping off the Trump bandwagon. As much as I hate to say it, I think the pain of a recession would be preferable to continued bad leadership.

I know this would hurt a lot of people. I urge everyone to be prepared. Build up your nest egg. Protect it. Do it now. You have been warned.

In the long run, some temporary economic pain might be a good trade-off in return for getting rid of Trump.

There are some indicators that everything is not rosy in the economy.

What goes up must come down.

It's been going up for a long time, something of a record.

It can't go on forever. There have been some scares. Lots of people are ready to grab what they can and run. How can it keep going up? When the crash comes it will be deep. I'm guessing DOW at 15-17K might be a good place to get back in.

I've made good money but I am not greedy. I've got plenty.

I find myself hoping the inevitable crash (they always come) will come soon.

That may be the best way to get rid of Trump. Without a good economy his approval would be in the low 30's. There would be Republicans joining the Impeach voices. The dam would break.

Can you believe this debt deal?

Spending like crazy, the debt going to the moon faster than a Saturn 5 Rocket, where does that end?

Does Trump think it's free money? He must. He never had to work for much of what he's got. He doesn't respect money any more than he respects himself or others.

So I say: Bring on the recession. Let it come soon.

Get yourselves ready. Take all the profits you can right now while you have the chance. Pull out before it's too late. Wisdom talking here.

The crash is coming.
    The problem is the fact that TRUMP has the fix in at the FED....unlike the manufactured crash of 08. (Trump has his own people embedded within the FED). The FED will shortly lower the interest rate index...this will carry the market into next year.....at that time TRUMP will suddenly lift all tariffs from China, Mexico...and any other tariff in play. The market will soar. Trump will get re-elected into a lame duck administration. Then....ALL HELL breaks lose....Trump will deliberately crash the FEDS market place, and go back on an independent standard where the US stands behind their own currency...removing the fed and the central bank completely out of the picture. It was the plan all along....the central bank has controlled the world economy long enough. Its time to end it and burry it. The US and Great Britain are just the first 2 nations to kick the legs out from under and hamstring the world bank. The PEOPLE are taking their nations and their independence back from the money changers.

I agree with you.....I am pray'n for a CRASH....a big one.....right after the 2020 elections.
    Last edited by Ralph; 07-25-2019 at 05:16 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,363 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Trump's business history is one of running a business into the ground, then declaring bankruptcy and walking away. What makes you think that he'll do any different with the U.S.?

For starters the President doesn't run the economy. We give the President way too much credit/blame for economic results. That being said they clearly play a role. Trump's prior history as a business man isn't relative to what I wrote in the thread you quoted. Corporate tax reform isn't unique to Trump. Deregulation isn't unique to Trump. Now the releasing of the animal spirits could be.

If you really want to get into the economy what do you think of what Powell and the Fed have been doing?

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,363 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Trump is the selfish, and spoiled rotten, child. He's been that all his life and continues to this day. Trump is busily ruining the country and those such as tinfoil cheer him on. Serious economic problems are coming. The signs are everywhere.

So because he's those things we should want our economy to crash and all the trouble that comes with it for people?

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,096 Times in 13,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Howard the Duck,

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Is it the assertion of the OP that Congress is merely holding-out on impeachment proceedings because of the health of the economy and the markets?
    Yes. That's it in a nutshell. If they economy crashed, many of Trump's supporters would turn on him. Then they would begin to see his crimes in a new light. They would stop giving him the benefit of the doubt. With the support of constituents, enough of Congress would join the chorus advocating for his impeachment. Once the tide of public sentiment turned against him he would be toast.

That Senate Republicans would subsequently consider their alliance with Trump to be finished business, and move to convict him of whatever articles that House Democrats deliver to them?
    Absolutely. They would stop protecting him, allow his taxes to be examined, which would lead to examination of his financial records. That would reveal all his dirty laundry, reveal he is a total crook and a terrible businessman who rips people off. He would not only be convicted, he would likely face charges upon becoming an ex-president, and would likely end up in prison.

It all hinges on the economy. A president is popular if the economy is good. As soon as the economy tanks, so does his support, and with it, his protection from prosecution.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello HTD,

If this isn't Trump's economy, then why are we not still saddled with anemic GDP? What's with all of these record labor force and profit numbers?

Also, I refer you to the OP, which claimed that Trump would be out of office.
    He would be.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Sirthinksalot,

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker.

I admire your honesty, but I abhor your position on this. I think what you're saying here is how most liberals and Democrats feel. Including those in elected office. I believe they would sabotage our economy for political gain if they could. Think about that. They would let millions of people lose their jobs and watch retiree's hard earned savings evaporate, just to get back in power. Who are the real deplorables?

Also consider this. The working poor, who you claim to care so much about are always hit hardest by a recession. FWIW, I thanked your post for honesty, not content.
    Thank you, but I am not very proud of this realization. No, I would not want anyone to do anything to bring this about. I do not wish this crash on the many who as you say would be hit very hard. But I can see the big picture and how things work.

I would not be surprised if there are some who would purposely bring this on if they thought it would give them power. I certainly do not believe all liberals and Democrats would do this, no.

I do strive to have a realistic impression of our political situation and it is very sad that this is what we have come to.

Naturally, I wish there were some other reality, but I am powerless to change the nation.

It is extremely unfortunate that we find ourselves in a such a compromised position that a recession can be seen as a necessity toward a better outcome, but that is exactly the case, like it or not. I didn't create the situation but I cannot ignore it. I do now wish for that to happen, and I also wish that if it does happen that it is just enough to get rid of Trump, and then the subsequent recovery is strong and rapid, and also includes getting control of the federal budget and the deficit which is far too high.

It should also be noted that this would not be required if Republicans would stop making excuses for the inexcusable behavior of the president, stop protecting him, stop giving him a free pass on his many serious lies and digressions, demand that he fulfill his word to release his taxes, demand that he also release and open up all his financial records, stop using the office as a profit tool, and begin to hold him accountable for the crimes of which he is accused.

Because the removal of a president is a political process, not a judicial one, he can break the law at will as long as he wins the court of public approval.

If only we could bang a few pots and pans and get him out as easily as the Puerto Ricans got rid of their leader!

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Yeah, tinfoil loves Trump so much that his profile pic has Trump's mouth as a urinal. Let me venmo you a dollar, so you can buy yourself a clue.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post: