Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Economy Is The Only Thing Keeping Trump In Office. A Crash Would End Him.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The Economy Is The Only Thing Keeping Trump In Office. A Crash Would End Him.

This Is Very Sad: I Am Actually Hoping For An Economic Collapse.

I wish for it every day.

I have all my investments out of the market.

I am so ready.

It sounds awful, but I am hoping and wishing for a recession.

The current good economy, which is benefiting so many people, helping so many people, is the only thing that is keeping Trump in office. If the economy crashed people would be jumping ship right and left, jumping off the Trump bandwagon. As much as I hate to say it, I think the pain of a recession would be preferable to continued bad leadership.

I know this would hurt a lot of people. I urge everyone to be prepared. Build up your nest egg. Protect it. Do it now. You have been warned.

In the long run, some temporary economic pain might be a good trade-off in return for getting rid of Trump.

There are some indicators that everything is not rosy in the economy.

What goes up must come down.

It's been going up for a long time, something of a record.

It can't go on forever. There have been some scares. Lots of people are ready to grab what they can and run. How can it keep going up? When the crash comes it will be deep. I'm guessing DOW at 15-17K might be a good place to get back in.

I've made good money but I am not greedy. I've got plenty.

I find myself hoping the inevitable crash (they always come) will come soon.

That may be the best way to get rid of Trump. Without a good economy his approval would be in the low 30's. There would be Republicans joining the Impeach voices. The dam would break.

Can you believe this debt deal?

Spending like crazy, the debt going to the moon faster than a Saturn 5 Rocket, where does that end?

Does Trump think it's free money? He must. He never had to work for much of what he's got. He doesn't respect money any more than he respects himself or others.

So I say: Bring on the recession. Let it come soon.

Get yourselves ready. Take all the profits you can right now while you have the chance. Pull out before it's too late. Wisdom talking here.

The crash is coming.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-15-2019), Sirthinksalot (07-24-2019), Trumpet (07-23-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

At least you are honest about it.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (07-25-2019), PoliTalker (07-23-2019), Truth Detector (07-25-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're right, PoliTalker. You do sound awful.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (07-25-2019), Minister of Truth (07-24-2019), PoliTalker (07-23-2019), TOP (07-24-2019), Truth Detector (07-25-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Everyone should always strive to be in such a good financial position that they can withstand a recession.

This economy is built on hype as much as anything else.

Protect yourself while you have the chance.

That's the smart thing to do.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Everyone should always strive to be in such a good financial position that they can withstand a recession.

This economy is built on hype as much as anything else.

Protect yourself while you have the chance.

That's the smart thing to do.
    I agree, we should protect ourselves by making sure that no more far left wing nuts like 'the squad'/Elizabeth Warren etc... get elected. Definitely don't want one of them in the WH.

9. The Following User Groans At Superfreak For This Awful Post:

Enter Name Here. (07-25-2019)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

CookieCrusher (07-25-2019), PostmodernProphet (07-25-2019), RB 60 (07-25-2019), Truth Detector (07-25-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Trump did exactly nothing to improve the economy he inherited. He was happy to take credit though. It is on the same trajectory that Obama left him.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-23-2019)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Trump did exactly nothing to improve the economy he inherited. He was happy to take credit though. It is on the same trajectory that Obama left him.
    That's just flat out false. Corporate tax reform & deregulation strongly contributed to the animal spirits being released in the economy his first year or two in office. The first two years of his administration were not the same as Obama's. And the trajectory when Obama left office was downward.

Trump has since decided to go with an economic plan of tariffs and trade wars to put his own brakes on the economy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-25-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

I know, right? Despite several dumb moves, he has managed to avoid screwing it up. The DOW took off the day after the election, long before Trump even took office. Trump had done nothing but slap his name on the economy. All he has done has been to build public image. He has this perception out there that he has the golden touch, so people buy into it. Most who do business with Trump later regret it. Many have been raked over the coals. How about those conned folks who put money into Trump University? They thought they were going to learn the secrets of getting rich. In a way they did get a very big lesson. Find a sucker and take advantage. In this case, they will remember the lesson well because they were the easy marks for Trump.

He has gone around and slapped his name on some hotel projects and pocketed big cash, often leaving a trail of defrauded investors and tax non-payment. His tricks include over-inflating the deals to lure investors in, and then under-valuing the properties to avoid taxes. He is a liar, he is a cheat, and he is a conman.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 07-23-2019 at 02:08 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (07-23-2019)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump took credit every time the DOW surged, but when it fell sharply he remained as distant as could be.

All part of the con, folks.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (07-23-2019)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

This Is Very Sad: I Am Actually Hoping For An Economic Collapse.

I wish for it every day.

I have all my investments out of the market.

I am so ready.

It sounds awful, but I am hoping and wishing for a recession.

The current good economy, which is benefiting so many people, helping so many people, is the only thing that is keeping Trump in office. If the economy crashed people would be jumping ship right and left, jumping off the Trump bandwagon. As much as I hate to say it, I think the pain of a recession would be preferable to continued bad leadership.

I know this would hurt a lot of people. I urge everyone to be prepared. Build up your nest egg. Protect it. Do it now. You have been warned.

In the long run, some temporary economic pain might be a good trade-off in return for getting rid of Trump.

There are some indicators that everything is not rosy in the economy.

What goes up must come down.

It's been going up for a long time, something of a record.

It can't go on forever. There have been some scares. Lots of people are ready to grab what they can and run. How can it keep going up? When the crash comes it will be deep. I'm guessing DOW at 15-17K might be a good place to get back in.

I've made good money but I am not greedy. I've got plenty.

I find myself hoping the inevitable crash (they always come) will come soon.

That may be the best way to get rid of Trump. Without a good economy his approval would be in the low 30's. There would be Republicans joining the Impeach voices. The dam would break.

Can you believe this debt deal?

Spending like crazy, the debt going to the moon faster than a Saturn 5 Rocket, where does that end?

Does Trump think it's free money? He must. He never had to work for much of what he's got. He doesn't respect money any more than he respects himself or others.

So I say: Bring on the recession. Let it come soon.

Get yourselves ready. Take all the profits you can right now while you have the chance. Pull out before it's too late. Wisdom talking here.

The crash is coming.
    There are signs, that there are storm clouds for the economy on the horizon. If you do an internet search with the phrase," next recession" you will see that there are numerous recent articles that forecast a recession by 2020.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-15-2019)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    There are signs, that there are storm clouds for the economy on the horizon. If you do an internet search with the phrase," next recession" you will see that there are numerous recent articles that forecast a recession by 2020.
    It is sad that this might be the price we have to pay to get rid of him.

Hopefully the FBI will come up with some dirt that sticks to Teflon and the economy will stay fine.

But if we have to suffer a recession to get rid of Trump that would be a good deal in the end.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-15-2019)

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,099 Times in 11,672 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lie.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

I know, right? Despite several dumb moves, he has managed to avoid screwing it up. The DOW took off the day after the election, long before Trump even took office. Trump had done nothing but slap his name on the economy. All he has done has been to build public image. He has this perception out there that he has the golden touch, so people buy into it. Most who do business with Trump later regret it. Many have been raked over the coals. How about those conned folks who put money into Trump University? They thought they were going to learn the secrets of getting rich. In a way they did get a very big lesson. Find a sucker and take advantage. In this case, they will remember the lesson well because they were the easy marks for Trump.

He has gone around and slapped his name on some hotel projects and pocketed big cash, often leaving a trail of defrauded investors and tax non-payment. His tricks include over-inflating the deals to lure investors in, and then under-valuing the properties to avoid taxes. He is a liar, he is a cheat, and he is a conman.
    The DOW usually takes off after an election. The question mark is over.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump took credit every time the DOW surged, but when it fell sharply he remained as distant as could be.

All part of the con, folks.
    Lie.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

What a douche bag you are !

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post: