Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The Economy Is The Only Thing Keeping Trump In Office. A Crash Would End Him.

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Lie. Trolling. You might actually try to point to something besides capital punishment figures as an economy.
    Can you understand anything, even something as simple as an economic trajectory? It is a line on a graph. That is too tough for you?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-15-2019)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    prices going up big time in stores
    Not if you are a Trumpy. They have their own places to shop where everything is practically free. These price increases are just for us.

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    That doesn't appear to be the correct link.

Sorry. I see that you also noticed this.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yep, from a different argument. The economy has been on a slow upward trajectory since 2009. Even a dolt like Into the Right can figure out Trump was not president back then. I think he may be able to.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-15-2019)

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Wow. The market is so volatile.

All the seeds are in place for a huge panic sell-off.

Looks like the bears are waking up from their long hibernation.

Get your profits while you still can!
    Correction. Trump is making the market so volatile. Investors do not like volatility. Trump is not making friends with them.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-15-2019), PoliTalker (08-15-2019)

8. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,847 Times in 14,186 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

This Is Very Sad: I Am Actually Hoping For An Economic Collapse.

I wish for it every day.

I have all my investments out of the market.

I am so ready.

It sounds awful, but I am hoping and wishing for a recession.

The current good economy, which is benefiting so many people, helping so many people, is the only thing that is keeping Trump in office. If the economy crashed people would be jumping ship right and left, jumping off the Trump bandwagon. As much as I hate to say it, I think the pain of a recession would be preferable to continued bad leadership.

I know this would hurt a lot of people. I urge everyone to be prepared. Build up your nest egg. Protect it. Do it now. You have been warned.

In the long run, some temporary economic pain might be a good trade-off in return for getting rid of Trump.

There are some indicators that everything is not rosy in the economy.

What goes up must come down.

It's been going up for a long time, something of a record.

It can't go on forever. There have been some scares. Lots of people are ready to grab what they can and run. How can it keep going up? When the crash comes it will be deep. I'm guessing DOW at 15-17K might be a good place to get back in.

I've made good money but I am not greedy. I've got plenty.

I find myself hoping the inevitable crash (they always come) will come soon.

That may be the best way to get rid of Trump. Without a good economy his approval would be in the low 30's. There would be Republicans joining the Impeach voices. The dam would break.

Can you believe this debt deal?

Spending like crazy, the debt going to the moon faster than a Saturn 5 Rocket, where does that end?

Does Trump think it's free money? He must. He never had to work for much of what he's got. He doesn't respect money any more than he respects himself or others.

So I say: Bring on the recession. Let it come soon.

Get yourselves ready. Take all the profits you can right now while you have the chance. Pull out before it's too late. Wisdom talking here.

The crash is coming.
    Glad we have no CC debt , houses paid off, cars paid off , no other debt , out of the stock market, I have noticed in the last month that aircraft and the auto industry supply chain (which most of my business is with in contracting) is slowing down . may be worse than 2008

poor uneducated rubes will fell the sting the most

MAGA!
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

9. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,847 Times in 14,186 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

The 'bloodbath' in America's trucking industry has officially spilled over to the rest of the economy

Truckers have for months been sounding the alarm about a "bloodbath" in their $800 billion industry.

This year alone, some 2,500 truck drivers have lost their jobs as trucking companies large and small declare bankruptcy. Major carriers like J.B. Hunt, Knight-Swift, and Schneider have been forced to cut their annual outlooks.

A slew of other indicators have underlined turmoil in trucking. Transport research groups reported that the volume of trucks purchased in July fell to its lowest level in nearly 10 years. Rates in the spot market tumbled by 37% this July from July 2018. And the Cass Freight Index says year-over-year trucking volumes have slipped for eight consecutive months.

https://www.businessinsider.com/truc...d-yield-2019-8

what say you trucker rubes?
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-15-2019)

11. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

The 'bloodbath' in America's trucking industry has officially spilled over to the rest of the economy

Truckers have for months been sounding the alarm about a "bloodbath" in their $800 billion industry.

This year alone, some 2,500 truck drivers have lost their jobs as trucking companies large and small declare bankruptcy. Major carriers like J.B. Hunt, Knight-Swift, and Schneider have been forced to cut their annual outlooks.

A slew of other indicators have underlined turmoil in trucking. Transport research groups reported that the volume of trucks purchased in July fell to its lowest level in nearly 10 years. Rates in the spot market tumbled by 37% this July from July 2018. And the Cass Freight Index says year-over-year trucking volumes have slipped for eight consecutive months.

Blame Amazon .... they use UPS . And other retail outfits cannot compare . So they are closing their doors .

That damn internet !

12. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Can you understand anything, even something as simple as an economic trajectory? It is a line on a graph. That is too tough for you?
    Ooooh. A Magick Line on a Magick Graph!

I don't care if it's engraved in a stone tablet, dude. It's crap.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-19-2019), Truth Detector (08-21-2019)

14. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Trump did exactly nothing to improve the economy he inherited. He was happy to take credit though. It is on the same trajectory that Obama left him.
    You win the internet today!

Ignorant people think this is dumps economy

15. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    Blame Amazon .... they use UPS . And other retail outfits cannot compare . So they are closing their doors .

That damn internet !
    Go drive for Walmart. They are hiring.

16. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

"When the rest of America is headed for a downturn, freight usually dips first, a new report from Convoy's economic research division said. The industry went into a recession in April 2006, more than a year before the rest of the economy was clobbered by the Great Recession, starting in January 2008.

Rail and air cargo are also suffering. Air freight has declined year-over-year for eight consecutive months, according to the International Air Transport Association. The IATA head has said the China-US trade war is dragging down business.

And in rail, industry leaders agree that President Donald Trump's trade war is wreaking havoc on the industry. "

Wow. That doesn't sound good.

We've got the inverted bond curve, trucking, rail and air cargo all down, indices dropping all over the world, and the extreme volatility of the market. These are not very good economic indicators!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,427 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

"When the rest of America is headed for a downturn, freight usually dips first, a new report from Convoy's economic research division said. The industry went into a recession in April 2006, more than a year before the rest of the economy was clobbered by the Great Recession, starting in January 2008.

Rail and air cargo are also suffering. Air freight has declined year-over-year for eight consecutive months, according to the International Air Transport Association. The IATA head has said the China-US trade war is dragging down business.

And in rail, industry leaders agree that President Donald Trump's trade war is wreaking havoc on the industry. "

Wow. That doesn't sound good.

We've got the inverted bond curve, trucking, rail and air cargo all down, indices dropping all over the world, and the extreme volatility of the market. These are not very good economic indicators!
    Another article on the downturn in freight:

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/ac...in-a-recession

ETA: My oldest daughter works for UPS freight; she said that things have been very slow this year to date.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Another article on the downturn in freight:

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/ac...in-a-recession

ETA: My oldest daughter works for UPS freight; she said that things have been very slow this year to date.
    Well, one thing we know is there are fewer shipments of coal. That has got to impact the rail industry. One mine is not shipping any coal at all. You may recall the Harlan County coal mine that shut down abruptly and stiffed the coal miners for their pay. They wisely took up residence on the train tracks blocking a million dollar trainload of coal. And they are still there:

Trump Lied Again: Coal Train Will Not Roll Until Miners Made Whole. "No Pay We Stay."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-21-2019)

20. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,427 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Well, one thing we know is there are fewer shipments of coal. That has got to impact the rail industry. One mine is not shipping any coal at all. You may recall the Harlan County coal mine that shut down abruptly and stiffed the coal miners for their pay. They wisely took up residence on the train tracks blocking a million dollar trainload of coal. And they are still there:

Trump Lied Again: Coal Train Will Not Roll Until Miners Made Whole. "No Pay We Stay."
    Good for them. I know coal-related freighter deliveries here are no more. We haven't seen a single freighter this year so far. Both of our coal-burning plants are shuttered.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

21. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Ooooh. A Magick Line on a Magick Graph!

I don't care if it's engraved in a stone tablet, dude. It's crap.
    How righty of you. Perhaps you can sense why people take your posts so lightly? You live with your own set of facts and in your own reality. You ignore anything that contradicts your twisted right wing reality.