Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: President Donald Trump And Ivanka Trump Being Sued For Nonpayment Of Taxes.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default President Donald Trump And Ivanka Trump Being Sued For Nonpayment Of Taxes.

"Donald Trump is no stranger to lawsuits, both as plaintiff and defendant. But one of the most recent lawsuits against the President has largely flown under the radar, and that’s a shame considering the plaintiffs are a group of investors who say that Trump defrauded them and refused to pay taxes on a property that he owned. This lawsuit reveals a lot about the nature of Trump and his business ventures, as Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins explains.

[Farron Cousins:] The president of the United States is being sued for tax evasion. That’s not hyperbole. That’s not speculation. That is actually what is happening in a courtroom in the state of New York right now, the president of the United States is being sued for tax evasion."

And Ivanka is also a party.

" ...they overinflated their expenses to make it seem like they owed less in taxes ...

... tax evasion and defrauding investors, both of which are felonies, folks. If any person in this country, even a wealthy celebrity, by the way, if they engaged in this kind of behavior, guess what? You go to jail. Hello. This is pretty much the number one thing that wealthy famous people go to jail for his tax evasion."

Donald Trump Is Being Sued For Tax Evasion

Sounds like fake news?

Here's the same story on AP News:

"The filing in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York follows a ruling by judicial officials in Panama early last year against Trump’s company in favor of Fintiklis. A few months later, Trump’s name was removed from the [Hotel] facade and building management turned over to U.S. hotelier Marriott International."

AP - Hotel investor: Trump evaded taxes in Panama

Oh my. The Univision Story is quite juicy! ...

"During his election campaign, Trump became the first presidential candidate in 40 years to decline to make his tax returns public, arousing enormous public suspicion about what they might reveal about his business dealings.

Monday’s lawsuit is the latest in a series of court battles between Ithaca and Trump over alleged “horrific” mismanagement of the hotel after Ithaca purchased a controlling interest in 2017. Prior to the 2017 purchase, Ithaca says it had several meetings with Trump’s representatives, including his sons Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr, who claimed the hotel was a roaring success and was out-performing the market in Panama.

"False" statements

"These statements were false and made with the intention to mislead Ithaca into believing that its investment in the hotel would be sound,” the lawsuit says, adding that Ithaca later learned that the hotel was “virtually empty” and being out-performed in the Panama market not only by its luxury competitors, but also by cheaper brands.

“Unfortunately, Trump’s malfeasance was only the tip of the ice berg,” the lawsuit alleges. “Trump had been mismanaging the hotel for years. As a direct result … the economic performance, physical condition … and guest service levels had dramatically declined.”

The dispute began as a private legal matter, but the two sides waged a very public battle for physical control over the hotel last year. Trump's company barricaded itself in the hotel and hired security guards. The owners responded by getting a court order from a Panama judge and bringing police in tactical gear to evict Trump's staff, all in front of journalists and cameras.

Prior to being evicted, Trump’s management team also caused significant and intentional damage to the hotel amenities, “including deliberately causing life and safety violations,” the lawsuit alleges. They also allegedly shredded the hotel’s records, removed computer equipment and laptops, and installed malware on the hotel’s remaining computers, according to the lawsuit.

After evicting Trump’s management company, Ithaca signed a new deal with JW Marriott and the hotel has since seen a significant turn-around in occupancy and profitability, the company says."

Univision Exclusive: Trump faces new tax fraud allegations in Panama hotel dispute
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-23-2019)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-22-2019), evince (07-22-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-23-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

ain't it great we see at least a half dozen of these first family financial crimes per year, not including Don's 100 or so

and 40-45% of the voters don't give a shit, he really could shoot someone on 5th Av and not lose their vote

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

evince (07-22-2019), PoliTalker (07-22-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-23-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Story is actually over a month old.

I totally missed it at the time.

I imagine Trump had some controversial tweeting at the time to draw attention away from it.

"Pay No Attention To The Man Behind The Curtain!!!"
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-23-2019)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (07-22-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

Mason Michaels (07-23-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-23-2019)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Amazing the hits you get if you do a search called:

'Trump Taxes Court'

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-23-2019)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    prison is in the trump families future
    Lol, this is a civil suit, not a criminal proceeding. Assuming it's even true.
    Every life matters

14. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (07-23-2019)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Trump was so bad at making money with this Hotel, and with so many others that he has lost, it indicates that he lied when he claimed to be a successful businessman.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-23-2019)

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Lol, this is a civil suit, not a criminal proceeding. Assuming it's even true.
    the money laundering at trump towers dude

they are fucked

18. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-23-2019)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

reagansghost (07-23-2019)

20. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

they are fucked
    Lol, you've been wrong every time.
    Every life matters

21. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (07-23-2019)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Name Removed From Toronto Hotel After It Becomes Mired In Controversy:

Trump name removed from Toronto Hotel after it becomes mired in controversy:

Under a deal announced Tuesday, the new owner of the 65-story Trump International Hotel and Tower, which fell into receivership last year and became the scene of occasional anti-Trump protests, will erase the president’s name from the building.

"Mr. Trump never held an ownership stake in the building, which has been plagued by construction problems, cost overruns and evidence of poor occupancy rates.

A spokeswoman for Mr. Wolf, who lives in Los Angeles but is from Canada, declined to comment on why the companies had parted ways. But evidence in a Canadian court suggested that the hotel, in Toronto’s financial district, struggled to attract business in a city where vacancies at other luxury hotels are often scarce.

The tower was built by the Toronto investor Alex Shnaider, who was born in Russia and made his fortune through steel mills in the former Soviet Union. In addition to offering traditional residential condominiums, Mr. Shnaider tried to use Mr. Trump’s name and image at the height of his “Celebrity Apprentice” fame to sell hotel rooms as investment condos.

Those investors, many of them recent immigrants, lost much of their money — conspicuous in Toronto, where real estate investments have climbed in value.

A court ruled last year that Mr. Shnaider’s company had essentially fabricated rosy income projections and understated costs to buyers. Evidence also showed that hotel rooms were often empty under Trump management."

"Understated costs to investors???"

THAT sounds like FRAUD.

"Last fall, an appeals court upheld a ruling in favor of two of the hotel condo investors. This year, the Supreme Court of Canada declined to hear a further appeal from Mr. Shnaider’s company.

Mitchell Wine, the lawyer representing the buyers in those cases, said he was pursuing claims by 20 other people. Most want to recover lost deposits because they never closed on their purchases, but three own rooms."

Investors losing money on a Trump deal?

Where have we heard THIS story before....

Toronto Hotel Is Scrapping the Trump Name

23. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-23-2019)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

reagansghost (07-23-2019)

25. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

It is every citizens patriotic duty to try to pay as little in taxes as possible. Whether legal or illegal

26. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (07-23-2019)

27. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump name removed from Toronto Hotel after it becomes mired in controversy:

Under a deal announced Tuesday, the new owner of the 65-story Trump International Hotel and Tower, which fell into receivership last year and became the scene of occasional anti-Trump protests, will erase the president’s name from the building.

"Mr. Trump never held an ownership stake in the building, which has been plagued by construction problems, cost overruns and evidence of poor occupancy rates.

A spokeswoman for Mr. Wolf, who lives in Los Angeles but is from Canada, declined to comment on why the companies had parted ways. But evidence in a Canadian court suggested that the hotel, in Toronto’s financial district, struggled to attract business in a city where vacancies at other luxury hotels are often scarce.

The tower was built by the Toronto investor Alex Shnaider, who was born in Russia and made his fortune through steel mills in the former Soviet Union. In addition to offering traditional residential condominiums, Mr. Shnaider tried to use Mr. Trump’s name and image at the height of his “Celebrity Apprentice” fame to sell hotel rooms as investment condos.

Those investors, many of them recent immigrants, lost much of their money — conspicuous in Toronto, where real estate investments have climbed in value.

A court ruled last year that Mr. Shnaider’s company had essentially fabricated rosy income projections and understated costs to buyers. Evidence also showed that hotel rooms were often empty under Trump management."

"Understated costs to investors???"

THAT sounds like FRAUD.

"Last fall, an appeals court upheld a ruling in favor of two of the hotel condo investors. This year, the Supreme Court of Canada declined to hear a further appeal from Mr. Shnaider’s company.

Mitchell Wine, the lawyer representing the buyers in those cases, said he was pursuing claims by 20 other people. Most want to recover lost deposits because they never closed on their purchases, but three own rooms."

Investors losing money on a Trump deal?

Where have we heard THIS story before....

Toronto Hotel Is Scrapping the Trump Name
    Any convictions, Snowflake?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

MAGA MAN (07-23-2019)

29. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    If Trump was so bad at making money with this Hotel, and with so many others that he has lost, it indicates that he lied when he claimed to be a successful businessman.

Forbes:

President Trump’s net worth is 3.2 billion dollars.

You should be such a bad businessman, Snowflake.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

MAGA MAN (07-23-2019)

31. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

they are fucked
    Post proof that there was money laundering at Trump Towers.

Any convictions?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

MAGA MAN (07-23-2019)

33. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Forbes:

President Trump’s net worth is 3.2 billion dollars.

You should be such a bad businessman, Snowflake.
    he started with millions asshole

If you inherit millions it fucking easy