Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Georgia state Rep. Erica Thomas backtracks on "go back" racism accusations

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Georgia state Rep. Erica Thomas backtracks on "go back" racism accusations

Georgia state Rep. Erica Thomas, who asserted in a tearful Facebook post that a white man at a Publix grocery store told her to Go back to where you came from!" seems to be less sure that the Friday encounter was exactly how she remembered.

After reaffirming to reporters Saturday that a white man had verbally accosted her and her daughter telling them to "go back" to where they came from in a racially charged tirade, Thomas was interrupted by the accused man himself, Eric Sparkes, who had a very different story to tell. Sparkes accused Thomas of faking the story for political purposes, saying he was, in fact, a Cuban American Democrat who was simply irritated that she brought so many groceries to the express checkout lane.

Thomas rebuked Sparkes' version of events, however, in an interview later in the day on Saturday, saying,
    "I don't know if he said 'go back,' or those types of words ... I don't know if he said 'go back to your country' or 'go back to where you came from,' but he was making those types of references is what I remember."
    A local journalist further asked her, "So you don't remember exactly what he said?"

Thomas replied, "No, no, definitely not. But I know it was 'go back' because I know I told him to 'go back.'"

In Thomas' original video, the black lawmaker tearfully recounted a traumatic incident in which a man began using racially charged insults after accusing her of bringing too many groceries to the express checkout line. Thomas posted the video to her Facebook account on Friday evening.

Thomas' story quickly gained traction in the wake of President Trump's "go back" tweet as the media seemingly believed her version of events, and #IStandWithErica began trending on Twitter.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...SCnsIjftCodQKk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (07-22-2019), Southern Chicken (07-22-2019), Stretch (07-22-2019), TOP (07-22-2019), Truth Detector (07-22-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

race hustler got caught

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (07-22-2019), Southern Chicken (07-22-2019), Stretch (07-22-2019), Truth Detector (07-22-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,540 Times in 9,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

More fake racism than real racism in this country all created by libs and blacks

6. The Following User Groans At volsrock For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (07-22-2019)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Earl (07-22-2019), Truth Detector (07-22-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,752 Times in 33,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...c-677034fe2f2f

She is not backtracking. Another set of alternative facts by conservative media.

9. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-22-2019)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Althea (07-22-2019)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Georgia state Rep. Erica Thomas, who asserted in a tearful Facebook post that a white man at a Publix grocery store told her to Go back to where you came from!" seems to be less sure that the Friday encounter was exactly how she remembered.

After reaffirming to reporters Saturday that a white man had verbally accosted her and her daughter telling them to "go back" to where they came from in a racially charged tirade, Thomas was interrupted by the accused man himself, Eric Sparkes, who had a very different story to tell. Sparkes accused Thomas of faking the story for political purposes, saying he was, in fact, a Cuban American Democrat who was simply irritated that she brought so many groceries to the express checkout lane.

Thomas rebuked Sparkes' version of events, however, in an interview later in the day on Saturday, saying,

A local journalist further asked her, "So you don't remember exactly what he said?"

Thomas replied, "No, no, definitely not. But I know it was 'go back' because I know I told him to 'go back.'"

In Thomas' original video, the black lawmaker tearfully recounted a traumatic incident in which a man began using racially charged insults after accusing her of bringing too many groceries to the express checkout line. Thomas posted the video to her Facebook account on Friday evening.

Thomas' story quickly gained traction in the wake of President Trump's "go back" tweet as the media seemingly believed her version of events, and #IStandWithErica began trending on Twitter.

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE; it was "Go back to the other line"!!
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

CFM (07-23-2019), Darth Omar (07-22-2019), TOP (07-22-2019), Truth Detector (07-22-2019)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post

She is not backtracking. Another set of alternative facts by conservative media.
    He said 'go back,' you know, those types of words," she said. "I don’t want to say he said 'go back to your country' or 'go back to where you came from' but he was making those types of references is what I remember.”
    ROFL.. = 'well dammit he said something mean to me !'
    ~~

the POINT of her charge was the man used specific language she said at the press conference.
    Then when questioned by a local reporter she backs off and CANNOT REMEMBER EXACTLY.
    But then she says "well that was what he meant."

Meanwhile the guy's story never changed -who is more credible??

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Southern Chicken (07-22-2019), Stretch (07-22-2019), Truth Detector (07-22-2019)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    MAYBE, JUST MAYBE; it was "Go back to the other line"!!
    the guy says he never used "go back" the Representative hyped it because she wanted to tie it into the Trump tweet.

epic fail, epic lie

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-22-2019)

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I guess you failed to listen to the video, where the guy admitted that he called her a name, denied her allegation, where she STILL FELT that is was racial, and FELT THAT SHE WAS ENTITLED; because she is pregnant.

She's no different then the people who park in a handicapped spot, just because they're just going to be there for a "minute".

18. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

FROM YOU OWN LINK

“He said 'go back,' you know, those types of words," she said. "I don’t want to say he said 'go back to your country' or 'go back to where you came from' but he was making those types of references is what I remember.”

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...c-677034fe2f2f

Translation, she does not know what the fuck he said! but it had to be racist because im black

I bet 10k he said go to another line because she had a cart full in the express lane!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

dukkha (07-22-2019), Truth Detector (07-22-2019), USFREEDOM911 (07-22-2019)

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post

Most leftist claims are lies.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

dukkha (07-22-2019)

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dumb Democrats eating other dumb Democrats; it can't get much better than that.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

24. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    I bet 10k he said go to another line because she had a cart full in the express lane!
    I hate when people think they are privileged and do that. The rules don't apply to them don't we know.

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I hate when people think they are privileged and do that. The rules don't apply to them don't we know.
    There was a story, some time ago, where someone pushed a full cart into an express lane (I think is was for 10 items or less) and the cashier supposedly asked the person which 10 items they wanted and that the rest would be returned to the stores shelves where they came from.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This bitch spends her day looking for and hoping someone says something racist to her she has her race card ready...it must be miserable to live that way

she could park in a handicap spot with no sticker and if someone called her out on it she would pull her race card
    Last edited by volsrock; 07-22-2019 at 11:38 AM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-22-2019), USFREEDOM911 (07-22-2019)

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    This bitch spends her day looking for and hoping someone says something racist to her she has her race card ready...it must be miserable to live that way
    Not necessarily; but it does seem to be the "go to" accusation, the minute anyone says anything about a person's negative behavior.