Thread: trump: I could end Afghan war in 10 days, but he doesn't want to kill 10 million

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf trump: I could end Afghan war in 10 days, but he doesn't want to kill 10 million

how many more millions will he piss off before the day is over???

O' bone spur could win this wartrump army men.jpg

Kabul, Afghanistan -- The Afghan government asked Tuesday for clarification of President Donald Trump's statement that the U.S. military could end the war in Afghanistan in 10 days, but that the country would be wiped out in the process. Mr. Trump suggested on Monday, in a seemingly off-hand remark, that he could order such a military intervention in lieu of a peaceful resolution to the 18-year-war that began with the U.S.-led invasion to topple the Taliban.

Mr. Trump made the remarks Monday during a meeting with Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, whose help he seeks in negotiating a peace deal with the Taliban that would enable U.S. forces to withdraw from Afghanistan.

Mr. Trump said he could win the Afghan war in just 10 days but it would also wipe "Afghanistan from the face of the earth."

"I could win that war in a week, I just don't want to kill 10 million people," Mr. Trump said. "Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the earth," Mr. Trump said. "It would be over in literally, in 10 days, and I don't wanna go that route, so we're working with Pakistan and others to extricate ourselves."

The president did not offer any further explanation on Monday of his remarks or the reference to the hypothetical death of 10 million people. Afghanistan is home to more than 35 million people.

Trump says he could end Afghanistan war in 10 days, but he doesn't "want to kill 10 million people"

Updated on: July 23, 2019 / 10:32 AM / CBS/AP

Kabul, Afghanistan -- The Afghan government asked Tuesday for clarification of President Donald Trump's statement that the U.S. military could end the war in Afghanistan in 10 days, but that the country would be wiped out in the process. Mr. Trump suggested on Monday, in a seemingly off-hand remark, that he could order such a military intervention in lieu of a peaceful resolution to the 18-year-war that began with the U.S.-led invasion to topple the Taliban.

Mr. Trump made the remarks Monday during a meeting with Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, whose help he seeks in negotiating a peace deal with the Taliban that would enable U.S. forces to withdraw from Afghanistan.

Mr. Trump said he could win the Afghan war in just 10 days but it would also wipe "Afghanistan from the face of the earth."
    Afghanistan: The way forward More

Afghans cautiously optimistic after talks with "more flexible" Taliban
    Taliban claims deadly Kabul attack amid strained talks with U.S.
    2 U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan day after Pompeo visits
    Afghan, U.S.-led forces kill more civilians than Taliban this year, U.N. says

"I could win that war in a week, I just don't want to kill 10 million people," Mr. Trump said. "Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the earth," Mr. Trump said. "It would be over in literally, in 10 days, and I don't wanna go that route, so we're working with Pakistan and others to extricate ourselves."

The president did not offer any further explanation on Monday of his remarks or the reference to the hypothetical death of 10 million people. Afghanistan is home to more than 35 million people.

President Ashraf Ghani's office issued a statement on Tuesday asking for clarification on Mr. Trump's remarks and saying Afghanistan would never "allow any foreign power to determine its fate."

The statement also underlined that "cooperation and partnership with the world countries, particularly with the United States, is grounded on common interests and mutual respect."

Mr. Trump's strange remark came just as his top envoy to Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad, confirmed that he was heading back to the region to try and push forward the negotiations for a peace deal with the Taliban.

One of the key points the U.S. has pushed on the Islamic extremist group during negotiations is that it must begin a direct dialogue with the Afghan government. The Taliban has refused to negotiate directly with President Ashraf Ghani's administration in Kabul thus far, dismissing it as a puppet regime of the U.S.

Khalilzad said in a tweet on Tuesday, just before arriving in Kabul, that Mr. Trump's remarks were meant to stress the administration's belief that, "there is no reasonable military solution to the war in Afghanistan, & that peace must be achieved through a political settlement."

More chaos & stupidity @ source..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

What would he do?

Send them all pictures of him in a swimsuit?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL... The folks in Afghani-NAM & their gubment are very unhappy about his crude, rude & stupid comments....... Sad that we have someone as a leader that don't even have enough up top to know it's wrong to go lying about stuff & talking about murdering 10million ppl- wiping a country off the map-tough guy bone spur..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."