Thread: Trump proposed a 'white vs black contestants' season of 'The Apprentice' in a recentl

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf Trump proposed a 'white vs black contestants' season of 'The Apprentice' in a recentl

In 2005, Donald Trump proposed a season of "The Apprentice" that would pit an all-black team against an all-white team.

His proposal was immediately rejected by NBC executives, according to The New York Times.
    Trump has come under scrutiny over a series of tweets this week in which he suggested that a group of "'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen" should "go back" to their "corrupt" and "broken and crime infested" countries.

In 2005, Donald Trump had an idea to boost ratings for The Apprentice, a US TV show that he hosted at the time. He suggested putting an all-white team against an all-black team, believing that it would become the highest-rated show on television if the network did so.

He floated the idea on Howard Stern's radio show in April 2005, according to The New York Times.

"Do you like it?" Trump asked Stern. To which he replied: "Yes."

Trump then asked Stern's African-American co-host, Robin Quivers, the same question. "Well," she said, "I think you're going to have a riot."

But Trump wasn't too concerned about the potential ramifications of the show. "I think that it would be handled very beautifully by me. Because, as you know, I'm very diplomatic," he told Stern, adding that while there would be a mix of light-skinned and dark-skinned black contestants, the white team would be strictly blonds.

The show never came to fruition as NBC executives immediately rejected his proposal, The Times wrote. A spokesperson for NBC did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment on this.

The Times used this example in a recent piece that discussed whether Trump has used the racial divisions in the US for his personal gain.

"Over decades in business, entertainment and now politics, Mr. Trump has approached America's racial, ethnic, and religious divisions opportunistically, not as the nation's wounds to be healed but as openings to achieve his goals, whether they be ratings, fame, money or power, without regard for adverse consequences," The Times wrote on Saturday.

The story was likely prompted by Trump's tweets earlier in the week in which he suggested that a group of "'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen" should "go back" to their "corrupt" and "broken and crime infested" countries.

He said these congresswomen were "loudly [...] and viciously telling the people of the United States [...] how our government is to be run." Three of the four he appeared to be referencing were born in the US.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Where's the recording?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (07-21-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Trump proposed a 'white vs black contestants' season of 'The Apprentice' in a recently
    ….saw that earlier, naw, he ain't racist

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Bill (07-21-2019), Guno צְבִי (07-21-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Where's the recording?

Read the article, click the links if you need more help PM me I will walk you through how to do it.....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

That entire article is based on something by the NYT. Kind of useless.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did you listen to the recording?? I did......

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Did you listen to the recording?? I did......
    I did not listen to it. I have no doubt he said it or wanted to do it. I fail to see the racism there either though. For ratings.