Kamikaze pilots did not have enough gas for the return trip, but they were smart enough tank up on saké before they took off.

Trump spoke about his friendship with Abe and how fascinated he was with Abe’s father, who had been a kamikaze pilot. Trump asked Abe if the kamikaze pilots were drunk or on drugs. Abe said no, they just loved their country. Trump remarked, “Imagine they get in a plane with a half a tank of gas and fly into steel ships just for the love of their country!”

Trump cracks jokes about Equinox scandal, kamikaze pilots at Hamptons fundraiser
By Jennifer Gould Keil and Emily Smith
August 9, 2019 | 7:33pm

https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/trump-...ns-fundraiser/

NOTE: America-haters justify Muslim butchers without actually admitting Muslims murder helpless captives in cold blood. In short: There is no comparison between Muslim suicide bombers and honorable men giving their lives for their country in battle. Example: Japan’s kamikaze pilots sacrificed their lives in order to kill armed enemy soldiers and sailors. Kamikaze pilots did it for their country, while Muslims kill for their religion.

In the same vein, agent 006 & 7/8ths reported that Osama bin Laden executed suicide bomber Chicken Kamikaze because he came back on 9-11-2001.

Speaking of WWII fighter pilots I am reminded of a joke I related on another board. It concerns the Luftwaffe; so I hope any youngster that might read this mressage will forgive a tale from the past with its obscure references:

During WWII Captain Sten Carlson was in the U.S. on a War Bond Tour. Captain Carlson was a Danish flying ace serving in the Royal Air Force because Denmark was then occupied by Germany.

While Captain Carlson was being interviewed on a radio show he was asked by the host to relate his encounters with the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain.

Captain Carlson began by saying “Vell, vun day I vas flying along and here come six of dem fokkers.”

The show’s host hastily interrupted to say “Ladies and gentlemen, Captain Carlson was not using the F word, he was referring to the German fighter plane the Fokker-Wolff. Please continue with your story, Captain Carlson.”

The Dane quickly cleared up the misunderstanding when he said “Ya sure, but I vas going to say dem fokkers vas flying Messerschmitts.”

I will close with a seldom discussed fact about WWII.

Germany had no petroleum to speak of; so they refined their aviation fuel from coal which Germany had in abundance. However, German technology fell short of achieving the high octane rating allied technology achieved when aviation gas was refined from petroleum.

As far as design and engineering went, German planes were probably equal to allied planes. But higher octane meant that allied fighter planes could climb faster than the Luftwaffe’s planes. That one very important combat advantage was responsible for defeating Nazi Germany’s air power.

p.s. Germany’s lack of petroleum in World War Two led to Hitler’s biggest mistake fighting the Soviet Union when he insisted on capturing Stalingrad instead of committing all of his forces to taking and securing the oil fields in the Caucasus —— as his best military minds recommended. Think about the outcome of the war in Europe in relation to higher octane fuel for the Luftwaffe’s fighter planes.