Members banned from this thread: cancel2 2022, Legion, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.2, CFM and Earl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pence to the Moon

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,754 Times in 33,624 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Pence to the Moon

What is all this going to the Moon nonsense? Are we so flush with money that we can take on these ridiculous projects?

Give us good healthcare to rally the patriotism in this country, not some stupid mission to the Moon, or Mars.

Improve our infrastructure!

They really are trying to take us back, old white guy nostalgia.

Its just so stupid.

2. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-22-2019)

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (07-21-2019), Guno צְבִי (07-21-2019), PoliTalker (07-21-2019), signalmankenneth (07-21-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-21-2019), Trumpet (07-21-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    What is all this going to the Moon nonsense? Are we so flush with money that we can take on these ridiculous projects?

Give us good healthcare to rally the patriotism in this country, not some stupid mission to the Moon, or Mars.

Its just so stupid.
    The moon landing was all white guys.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-21-2019), signalmankenneth (07-21-2019)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Phantasmal,

You know what would excite me, a great bullet train in all major cities. Can we have that instead of another Moon landing? Let SpaceX go to the Moon.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-21-2019), signalmankenneth (07-21-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-21-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

You know what would excite me, a great bullet train in all major cities. Can we have that instead of another Moon landing? Let SpaceX go to the Moon.
    THANK YOU!!!

One problem. That makes too much sense. So we have to kill that idea right away before it gains any traction.

Of course you know we can't have bullet trains. The Auto industry, the Airline industry and the Fossil Fuel Industry are way too powerful.

When you go up against powerful greed with common sense you know that greed is going to obfuscate the issue with nonsense and propaganda and get Trump fans to vote against their own better interest as a society.

That's why are country is so 'greatly' messed up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-21-2019), signalmankenneth (07-21-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-21-2019)

12. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would LOVE bullet trains. efficient, fast, roomy, comfortable.

Why people want to be crammed into flying pressure cookers is beyond me.

Convicts, Cattle and Sardines.

That's your experience if you fly.

First you're a convict. Empty your pockets, stand over there. Assume the position. Make any complaint about it and you'll be strip-searched.

Then you're cattle. Down the chutes you go. Hurry it up. Let's get you all herded into the plane. You can have all the luggage that fits in your pockets. Anything more will cost you extra or you can fight to be first in line so you get to use the lunchbox sized overhead storage.

And for the final assault on your dignity you'll be packed like a sardine into your seat with a giant shoehorn and a bit of lube off the big fat smelly guy in the T shirt next to you. He won't fit in the seat so you can forget having an armrest or sitting straight up. Provide your own clothespin for your nose.

Oh and we hope you've enjoyed flying with us and come back soon!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-21-2019), signalmankenneth (07-21-2019)

14. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its just so stupid.
    Phantasmal's ancestor is saying to Columbus in 1492 What is all this looking for a new route to India nonsense? Are we so flush with money that we can take on these ridiculous projects?

Give us good healthcare to rally the patriotism in this country, not some stupid new route to India."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-22-2019), USFREEDOM911 (07-21-2019)

16. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Once, I got on a plane and took my seat while waiting for the rest of the plane to board. A small kid in the seat behind me began kicking the back of my seat. I turned around to let the parent know this was not OK. His father seated next to him wasn't bothered. He had tattooed arms the size of a bouncer and a pack of Marlboros rolled up in his T shirt sleeve. As I contemplated the situation it was announced that boarding was complete and we'd be pulling back in a moment. I noticed an empty seat two rows up so I simply got up and moved.

Then it was announced we'd be delayed a moment while they boarded a few more passengers. Sure enough, a woman got on and had been assigned the middle seat I was now in. As I began to get up she noticed the empty window seat I had vacated and said don't bother, she's prefer that instead. I thanked her and stayed where I was. I secretly hoped she could have a better experience there than I did.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-21-2019), ThatOwlWoman (07-21-2019)

18. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,507 Times in 52,732 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,
    Not quite!

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/s...mathematicians

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    They NEEDED those women's minds so they did not prevent them from working on the moon project. Naturally, all the on-camera stuff was white men taking credit.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,507 Times in 52,732 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Or connecting major U.S. cities! A decent national health care program for all citizens. Affordable university/college/trade school so that young ppl don't graduate in debt with the equivalent of a home mortgage. Infrastructure, as you mentioned.

Robotics are much less expensive and much more efficient when it comes to exploring off-planet. The Moon Landing was an extraordinary achievement supported (mostly) by both political parties because of the nature of the Cold War, and the fear that the Russians would get there first. If they want to cook up something we should worry about and strive to do first and best, they might want to look at what the Chinese are doing with renewables and with information technology.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-21-2019), PoliTalker (07-21-2019)

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello Phantasmal,

I was born a few years after the moon landing so I don't remember from personal experience. What was it like at the time from a woke perspective? From what I read it seems it was a great sense of pride in the country that we both reached the moon and did it before the Russians. However you are right, it was white men who landed on the man. They were the face of the patriarchy and racism in the country. And knowing that the Russians had a woman on their team were you maybe secretly rooting for them to get their first? (not accusing you of that, just asking) Was it a conflicted moment when we landed?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

25. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

As far as bullet trains we can look at California to see how that works. From a political perspective you have about as ideal of conditions as your could want. You have a heavily blue state where Republicans have little to no power. We have high taxes and people who claim to care about infrastructure. And yet it has been a disaster to the extent Governor Newsom has it not so many words put it on hold (the LA to SF portion). Not to mention you have these (progressive) communities fighting it because they don't want tracks near where they live.

I guess someone could argue the federal government should step in and eliminate all rights of the state and local communities to force it to be built. But even in progressive California that wouldn't fly.

26. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

http://texasclimatenews.org/?p=16614

Looks like Texas may beat California to the draw.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-21-2019)

28. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

The moon program created lots of jobs. A lot of technology that was created has become industries. It gave a huge jump to the US in compters and peaceful applications. The space program gave us a boost in mathematics, engineering, computer technology and many other areas of expertise. We should all push for space exploration.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-22-2019), USFREEDOM911 (07-21-2019)

30. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 179 Times in 168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Phantasmal's ancestor is saying to Columbus in 1492 What is all this looking for a new route to India nonsense? Are we so flush with money that we can take on these ridiculous projects?

Give us good healthcare to rally the patriotism in this country, not some stupid new route to India."
    This would be like the bullet train not a moon/mars mission. Connect two places together with people versus connect to a barren planet.