This debate is between: canceled.2021.2 and StoneByStone

Thread: Teflon Don vs StoneByStone: Is this racism and fascism?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Teflon Don vs StoneByStone: Is this racism and fascism?

It sure does sound like it to me. If not why not? If so, why have I not seen you call it out?

This is classic racism and fascism

1) She takes upon herself the right to discern who is and who isn't authentic. That is fascism

2) She defines each by skin color, religion, or sexual orientation and not their character or individual attributes. She lumps each into a bucket according to physical characteristics. That is racism

3) If you do not meet her standard she dismisses you or dehumanizes you. That is fascism

2. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.2 For This Awful Post:

Bill (07-21-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post

It sure does sound like it to me. If not why not? If so, why have I not seen you call it out?

This is classic racism and fascism

1) She takes upon herself the right to discern who is and who isn't authentic. That is fascism
    Fascism is when you paint your ideological opponents as "the enemy" just for disagreeing with you. ISIS is the actual enemy. Libertarians, as much as I disagree with their economics, are not the enemy.
    Saying someone isn't authentic doesn't make them the enemy. I don't think Mitt Romney is authentic, but I don't think he hates America or is trying to destroy the country. It's a matter of degree.

But even with that being said, Ayanna Pressley is not saying people who don't want to be a voice are inauthentic. She's saying simply being black isn't enough, you also have to be a voice for black people. Which makes sense. A black person isn't fighting for black rights by merely existing.

2) She defines each by skin color, religion, or sexual orientation and not their character or individual attributes. She lumps each into a bucket according to physical characteristics. That is racism
    Depends what you mean by "racism." I don't think acknowledging a person's race is racist. And you can certainly fight for racial interests while still being an individual.

3) If you do not meet her standard she dismisses you or dehumanizes you. That is fascism
    She wasn't dehumanizing anyone in that video. Dismissing? Maybe. She was essentially saying that if you're not going to fight for civil liberties, then we don't need you. That doesn't seem Fascist to me, though. She's not saying if you don't agree with us, you're the enemy, or you hate America, or you should go back to your country, or anything like that.

When Trump talks about people he disagrees with, he paints them as people who hate America and, if they're not white, people who should leave the country. Big difference. He even called the Democrats the "Anti-Jewish party." Which is just ridiculous, but an effort to dehumanize the opposition.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Does this meet your definition of fascism? Or can I expect another feat of Cirque Du Soleil where you twist yourself in knots defending and excusing it? Or will you merely criticize the source so as not to have to address it? I can't wait

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...t-maga-people/

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Does this meet your definition of fascism?
    So here's the deal. This would also be an example of Fascist culture IF there was no truth to it. If Trumpsters weren't dangerous, and Larry Charles is only saying this to dehumanize them, then sure, it would be Fascist in nature.

However, the sad truth is that Trump's New Right actually is becoming more violent. So while I don't think we should be gunning down anyone in a MAGA hat, I agree with him saying we should own guns to protect ourselves.

What Maxine Waters said was an attempt at creating a culture of Fascism, because she painted ALL Trumpsters as the enemy. What Charles is doing is pointing out the unfortunately real fact that a lot of Trumpsters are dangerous.

And I have no sympathy for Andy Ngo because he's known for doxing people and putting them in dangerous situations. Yes, Antifa should still be held accountable, anyone caught that day should have been arrested for breaking the law. But I don't see it as Fascism when you're attacking someone like Ngo in order to stop them from doxing.

Or can I expect another feat of Cirque Du Soleil where you twist yourself in knots defending and excusing it?
    When did I do that before?

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    So here's the deal. This would also be an example of Fascist culture IF there was no truth to it. If Trumpsters weren't dangerous, and Larry Charles is only saying this to dehumanize them, then sure, it would be Fascist in nature.

However, the sad truth is that Trump's New Right actually is becoming more violent. So while I don't think we should be gunning down anyone in a MAGA hat, I agree with him saying we should own guns to protect ourselves.

What Maxine Waters said was an attempt at creating a culture of Fascism, because she painted ALL Trumpsters as the enemy. What Charles is doing is pointing out the unfortunately real fact that a lot of Trumpsters are dangerous.

And I have no sympathy for Andy Ngo because he's known for doxing people and putting them in dangerous situations. Yes, Antifa should still be held accountable, anyone caught that day should have been arrested for breaking the law. But I don't see it as Fascism when you're attacking someone like Ngo in order to stop them from doxing.

When did I do that before?

You didn’t disappoint. And for a bonus you praised ANTIFA and defended them. Awesome

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You didn’t disappoint. And for a bonus you praised ANTIFA and defended them. Awesome
    Nice try. This is what I actually said about Antifa: "Yes, Antifa should still be held accountable, anyone caught that day should have been arrested for breaking the law."

So now that we got that nonsense out of the way, are you denying the fact that the Right is getting more violence and that the rest of us should own guns to defend ourselves? Not to go out hunting down people, just to defend ourselves if we must.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nice try. This is what I actually said about Antifa: "Yes, Antifa should still be held accountable, anyone caught that day should have been arrested for breaking the law."

So now that we got that nonsense out of the way, are you denying the fact that the Right is getting more violence and that the rest of us should own guns to defend ourselves? Not to go out hunting down people, just to defend ourselves if we must.
    Your token criticism of Antifa falls flat when right before it you essentially condone what they did by saying you have no sympathy for Ngo. Nice try though

Yes I deny that the right is getting more violent unless you call Antifa right wingers now. Given leftists penchant for lying it wouldn’t surprise me

I think everyone has a 2nd Amendment right to own guns

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your token criticism of Antifa falls flat when right before it you essentially condone what they did by saying you have no sympathy for Ngo. Nice try though
    I didn't condone what they did. I said I have no sympathy for Ngo because he's a piece of shit who was there to dox people.
    And even if I was ok with this one thing, that doesn't mean I condone Antifa as a group or movement. They often attack people just because they disagree with them and there should be no room for that.

Yes I deny that the right is getting more violent unless you call Antifa right wingers now. Given leftists penchant for lying it wouldn’t surprise me
    https://www.businessinsider.com/extr...-report-2019-1

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...ing-extremists

I'm sure in order to brush this aside, you'll say you don't like the sources, despite the links to the actual studies.

Anyhow, are you going to admit that you were wrong about Pressley being racist and Fascist in that video?

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didn't condone what they did. I said I have no sympathy for Ngo because he's a piece of shit who was there to dox people.
    And even if I was ok with this one thing, that doesn't mean I condone Antifa as a group or movement. They often attack people just because they disagree with them and there should be no room for that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/extr...-report-2019-1

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...ing-extremists

I'm sure in order to brush this aside, you'll say you don't like the sources, despite the links to the actual studies.

Anyhow, are you going to admit that you were wrong about Pressley being racist and Fascist in that video?
    You are defending ANTIFA.

Pressley is a fascist and a racist using your criteria

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are defending ANTIFA.
    Acknowledging that they're bad guys who fucked up another bad guy is not defending them.

Pressley is a fascist and a racist using your criteria
    But I already explained why what she said wasn't Fascist or racist.