This debate is between: Teflon Don and StoneByStone


Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Teflon Don vs StoneByStone: Is this racism and fascism?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    653
    Thanked 6,036 Times in 4,463 Posts
    Groans
    370
    Groaned 513 Times in 495 Posts

    Default Teflon Don vs StoneByStone: Is this racism and fascism?




    It sure does sound like it to me. If not why not? If so, why have I not seen you call it out?

    This is classic racism and fascism

    1) She takes upon herself the right to discern who is and who isn't authentic. That is fascism

    2) She defines each by skin color, religion, or sexual orientation and not their character or individual attributes. She lumps each into a bucket according to physical characteristics. That is racism

    3) If you do not meet her standard she dismisses you or dehumanizes you. That is fascism
    "The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.” - Patrick Crusius. leftist and El Paso mass murderer

  2. The Following User Groans At Teflon Don For This Awful Post:

    Bill (07-21-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,923
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,130 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 481 Times in 442 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post



    It sure does sound like it to me. If not why not? If so, why have I not seen you call it out?

    This is classic racism and fascism

    1) She takes upon herself the right to discern who is and who isn't authentic. That is fascism
    Fascism is when you paint your ideological opponents as "the enemy" just for disagreeing with you. ISIS is the actual enemy. Libertarians, as much as I disagree with their economics, are not the enemy.
    Saying someone isn't authentic doesn't make them the enemy. I don't think Mitt Romney is authentic, but I don't think he hates America or is trying to destroy the country. It's a matter of degree.

    But even with that being said, Ayanna Pressley is not saying people who don't want to be a voice are inauthentic. She's saying simply being black isn't enough, you also have to be a voice for black people. Which makes sense. A black person isn't fighting for black rights by merely existing.

    2) She defines each by skin color, religion, or sexual orientation and not their character or individual attributes. She lumps each into a bucket according to physical characteristics. That is racism
    Depends what you mean by "racism." I don't think acknowledging a person's race is racist. And you can certainly fight for racial interests while still being an individual.

    3) If you do not meet her standard she dismisses you or dehumanizes you. That is fascism
    She wasn't dehumanizing anyone in that video. Dismissing? Maybe. She was essentially saying that if you're not going to fight for civil liberties, then we don't need you. That doesn't seem Fascist to me, though. She's not saying if you don't agree with us, you're the enemy, or you hate America, or you should go back to your country, or anything like that.

    When Trump talks about people he disagrees with, he paints them as people who hate America and, if they're not white, people who should leave the country. Big difference. He even called the Democrats the "Anti-Jewish party." Which is just ridiculous, but an effort to dehumanize the opposition.

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    653
    Thanked 6,036 Times in 4,463 Posts
    Groans
    370
    Groaned 513 Times in 495 Posts

    Default

    Does this meet your definition of fascism? Or can I expect another feat of Cirque Du Soleil where you twist yourself in knots defending and excusing it? Or will you merely criticize the source so as not to have to address it? I can't wait


    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...t-maga-people/
    "The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.” - Patrick Crusius. leftist and El Paso mass murderer

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,923
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,130 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 481 Times in 442 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Does this meet your definition of fascism?
    So here's the deal. This would also be an example of Fascist culture IF there was no truth to it. If Trumpsters weren't dangerous, and Larry Charles is only saying this to dehumanize them, then sure, it would be Fascist in nature.

    However, the sad truth is that Trump's New Right actually is becoming more violent. So while I don't think we should be gunning down anyone in a MAGA hat, I agree with him saying we should own guns to protect ourselves.

    What Maxine Waters said was an attempt at creating a culture of Fascism, because she painted ALL Trumpsters as the enemy. What Charles is doing is pointing out the unfortunately real fact that a lot of Trumpsters are dangerous.

    And I have no sympathy for Andy Ngo because he's known for doxing people and putting them in dangerous situations. Yes, Antifa should still be held accountable, anyone caught that day should have been arrested for breaking the law. But I don't see it as Fascism when you're attacking someone like Ngo in order to stop them from doxing.

    Or can I expect another feat of Cirque Du Soleil where you twist yourself in knots defending and excusing it?
    When did I do that before?

  6. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    653
    Thanked 6,036 Times in 4,463 Posts
    Groans
    370
    Groaned 513 Times in 495 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    So here's the deal. This would also be an example of Fascist culture IF there was no truth to it. If Trumpsters weren't dangerous, and Larry Charles is only saying this to dehumanize them, then sure, it would be Fascist in nature.

    However, the sad truth is that Trump's New Right actually is becoming more violent. So while I don't think we should be gunning down anyone in a MAGA hat, I agree with him saying we should own guns to protect ourselves.

    What Maxine Waters said was an attempt at creating a culture of Fascism, because she painted ALL Trumpsters as the enemy. What Charles is doing is pointing out the unfortunately real fact that a lot of Trumpsters are dangerous.

    And I have no sympathy for Andy Ngo because he's known for doxing people and putting them in dangerous situations. Yes, Antifa should still be held accountable, anyone caught that day should have been arrested for breaking the law. But I don't see it as Fascism when you're attacking someone like Ngo in order to stop them from doxing.



    When did I do that before?

    You didn’t disappoint. And for a bonus you praised ANTIFA and defended them. Awesome
    "The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.” - Patrick Crusius. leftist and El Paso mass murderer

  7. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,923
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,130 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 481 Times in 442 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You didn’t disappoint. And for a bonus you praised ANTIFA and defended them. Awesome
    Nice try. This is what I actually said about Antifa: "Yes, Antifa should still be held accountable, anyone caught that day should have been arrested for breaking the law."

    So now that we got that nonsense out of the way, are you denying the fact that the Right is getting more violence and that the rest of us should own guns to defend ourselves? Not to go out hunting down people, just to defend ourselves if we must.

  8. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    653
    Thanked 6,036 Times in 4,463 Posts
    Groans
    370
    Groaned 513 Times in 495 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Nice try. This is what I actually said about Antifa: "Yes, Antifa should still be held accountable, anyone caught that day should have been arrested for breaking the law."

    So now that we got that nonsense out of the way, are you denying the fact that the Right is getting more violence and that the rest of us should own guns to defend ourselves? Not to go out hunting down people, just to defend ourselves if we must.
    Your token criticism of Antifa falls flat when right before it you essentially condone what they did by saying you have no sympathy for Ngo. Nice try though

    Yes I deny that the right is getting more violent unless you call Antifa right wingers now. Given leftists penchant for lying it wouldn’t surprise me

    I think everyone has a 2nd Amendment right to own guns
    "The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.” - Patrick Crusius. leftist and El Paso mass murderer

  9. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,923
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,130 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 481 Times in 442 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Your token criticism of Antifa falls flat when right before it you essentially condone what they did by saying you have no sympathy for Ngo. Nice try though
    I didn't condone what they did. I said I have no sympathy for Ngo because he's a piece of shit who was there to dox people.
    And even if I was ok with this one thing, that doesn't mean I condone Antifa as a group or movement. They often attack people just because they disagree with them and there should be no room for that.

    Yes I deny that the right is getting more violent unless you call Antifa right wingers now. Given leftists penchant for lying it wouldn’t surprise me
    https://www.businessinsider.com/extr...-report-2019-1

    https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...ing-extremists

    I'm sure in order to brush this aside, you'll say you don't like the sources, despite the links to the actual studies.



    Anyhow, are you going to admit that you were wrong about Pressley being racist and Fascist in that video?

  10. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    653
    Thanked 6,036 Times in 4,463 Posts
    Groans
    370
    Groaned 513 Times in 495 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I didn't condone what they did. I said I have no sympathy for Ngo because he's a piece of shit who was there to dox people.
    And even if I was ok with this one thing, that doesn't mean I condone Antifa as a group or movement. They often attack people just because they disagree with them and there should be no room for that.



    https://www.businessinsider.com/extr...-report-2019-1

    https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...ing-extremists

    I'm sure in order to brush this aside, you'll say you don't like the sources, despite the links to the actual studies.



    Anyhow, are you going to admit that you were wrong about Pressley being racist and Fascist in that video?
    You are defending ANTIFA.

    Pressley is a fascist and a racist using your criteria
    "The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.” - Patrick Crusius. leftist and El Paso mass murderer

  11. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,923
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,130 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 481 Times in 442 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You are defending ANTIFA.
    Acknowledging that they're bad guys who fucked up another bad guy is not defending them.

    Pressley is a fascist and a racist using your criteria
    But I already explained why what she said wasn't Fascist or racist.

Similar Threads

  1. Fake racism vs Real racism
    By Evmetro in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-16-2019, 05:48 PM
  2. Teflon Don J Drumpf must feel like Teflon Don Gotti
    By Bourbon in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2018, 01:05 PM
  3. Racism watchdog Leo alert, is this racism?
    By Seahawk in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 01:02 PM
  4. Two wrongs don't make a right: responding to racism with racism
    By Sun Devil in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 06:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •