1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Supposn,

Quote Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
    H.R. 582, “Raise the wage act” is a good bill, but opponents of the bill will refrain from mentioning the minimum hourly rate will not be $15 until 7th year after the bill's passage.

In the likely case that it's not passed through and added to our federal statutes, I urge U.S. Congressional members to continue striving and pass a bill that would increase the minimum wage rate by 12.5% of its purchasing power until it attains 125% of its February-1968 purchasing power. Thereafter the rate should be monitored and annually adjusted to retain that purchasing power.

Respectfully, Supposn
    That sounds ideal.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good morning gfm7175,

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Minimum Wage laws are price controls. Price controls ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS lead to shortages. They never work.
    Capitalism without regulation never works.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Good morning gfm7175,

Capitalism without regulation never works.
    Adding regulation to capitalism makes it into something other than capitalism.

Capitalism is precisely why we enjoy all the luxuries that we enjoy today. We wouldn't have any of them without capitalism.

Capitalism works.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello gfm7175,

Adding regulation to capitalism makes it into something other than capitalism.

Capitalism is precisely why we enjoy all the luxuries that we enjoy today. We wouldn't have any of them without capitalism.

Capitalism works.
    Capitalism is like a great engine of ingenuity.

But like any engine it needs to be controlled.

If you let it loose to run wide open it will blow up.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Minimum Wage laws are price controls. Price controls ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS lead to shortages. They never work.
    GFM7175, the minimum wage rate does not control wage prices, but due to wage differentials it does effect all other wages. It's effects upon 40% of the nation's lowest wage rate earners range from critical to substantial.

You're contending due to the minimum wage rate we'll consequentially cause a shortage of the least skilled, least desirable employees and job applicants,
    or employers will choose to clean and mop their own toilets,
    or it will increase automation in the USA?

Respectfully, Supposn
    Robo, in response to the following ... I’m pleased that Wendy’s is attempting to increase their automation. Automation has always been a net benefit to USA’s economy. Nation’s where human effort has less value, (i.e. where the purchasing power of the median wage is less), are the poorest of nations. The purchasing power of the federal minimum wage, (FMW) rate is of some support for ALL other USA wage and salary rates which are indicated by the median wage rate’s purchasing power. ...
    Last edited by Supposn; 09-27-2019 at 11:57 AM.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

" Capitalism is like a great engine of ingenuity.

But like any engine it needs to be controlled.

If you let it loose to run wide open it will blow up. "

Every engine needs a governor.

The engine of capitalism requires the government to control it.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Supposn,

GFM7175, the minimum wage rate does not control wage prices, but due to wage differentials it does effect all other wages. It's effects upon 40% of the nation's lowest wage rate earners range from critical to substantial.

You're contending due to the minimum wage rate we'll consequentially cause a shortage of the least skilled, least desirable employees and job applicants, ...
    Yeah, it is a capitalist's wildest dream to have a wide choice of skilled and experienced workers willing to work for 2 dollars an hour with no benefits.

Greedy business owners love to exploit desperate people with limited options.