Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trump Lied

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    No one who i have ever chatted with about it who supported it has any understanding of the healthcare biz.
    If they understood it it would be obvious why it could not work much less be affordable.
    Cute. You've yet to display even a cursory understanding of the topic. Anecdotes about fantasy discussions you've had mean nothing. Show us you understand the law, or stick to the racist threads.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello rjhenn,

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    No, that's going a bit too far. What we need is single payer, Medicare for all, with improved coverage. Keep private providers. We need some competition at that level.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I would be willing to compromise with something like that.

But ultimately there is no competition with Single Payer. The payment is not determined by the free market, which is itself not allowed to fleece people in need to medical care.

Health care workers are ultimately working for the people they are providing care to. And the people's representatives should be the ones to determine the amount, based on the demand for those workers, and the available supply. And the government has every right to fortify the supply with newly trained workers from government schools who would be motivated to perform positive work for a worthy salary. I understand this would be a radical change from what we have now, so I am willing to compromise for the time being with a Single Payer system.

I just don't hear that word 'compromise' coming from any Republicans.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I agree. Plus shutting down insurance companies would be a major blow to the economy. Basic Medicare for all; let private insurers offer supplemental coverage at market rates. I would definitely insist on the pre-existing conditions thing though... that they can't reject a customer if he/she has a pre-existing health issue. Compromise: let them charge a bit more on a sliding scale to be decided by law, based on the severity of the condition. I'm okay with actuarials losing their jobs.
    That was what ACA corrected. Cost sharing is the foundation of every type of insurance. Everyone pays in order to keep costs affordable for those who are ill, while encouraging insurance companies to cover everyone in return.

Feds made guarantees to the insurers via cost sharing language. (same as they have for Medicare forever). As part of the law, it bypassed appropriations by Congress.

That was the first thing Boner successfully killed in court, and subsequently removed funding for. The Feds fucked insurance companies for millions, driving a dozen start ups out of business and creating rate hikes throughout the industry.

By design.

PE conditions will always be a killer for insurers. That's always going to be the hard part about any new plan. The recently killed mandate was the trade off for insurers in exchange for PE coverage.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Cute. You've yet to display even a cursory understanding of the topic. Anecdotes about fantasy discussions you've had mean nothing. Show us you understand the law, or stick to the racist threads.
    Show that i dont.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Show that i dont.
    You already have in your own thread

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans don't have a very good track record for implementing good health care policy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-22-2019)

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

They were trying to shorten the pain. Cant blame them for wanting to deliver affordable care sooner rather than later.
    Oh, well just show us the fine, fine Republican plan. They have had 10 years to refine that plan. Lets see it. Remember when Trump said, "who knew healthcare was so complicated". That shows you what level that blundering fool is at. The reds have no plan other than keeping a system in place until they have the votes to eliminate all social programs. Then the reds will win.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-23-2019)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Trump had 2 years when the GOP controlled Congress to do what he promised. He did nothing except drive up the debt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Damn, do Repubs deny the impending 2nd great depression Repub/Bush policies put us in? It was a scary as hell time with the Reds crippling and threatening the entire economy. Obama had to fix that mess and he did. He left Trump a thriving and growing economy that Trump immediately took credit for.
    I wonder how reds can rewrite history so badly. Is that something Fox Gnus says? Is it Infowhores? It certainly is not facts.
    Obama was addressing the debt at the end, when the economy could handle it. Trump did the red thing. Cut taxes and increased spending. He added another 2 trillion to the debt.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Oh, well just show us the fine, fine Republican plan. They have had 10 years to refine that plan. Lets see it. Remember when Trump said, "who knew healthcare was so complicated". That shows you what level that blundering fool is at. The reds have no plan other than keeping a system in place until they have the votes to eliminate all social programs. Then the reds will win.
    Longer than that.

" "In the 25 years I served in the United States Congress, Republicans never, ever, one time, agreed on what a healthcare proposal should look like. Not once,"

Guess who that was?

John Boehner, after he retired and doesn't have to care about toting the party line.

You know, the whole idea of the personal mandate to fund a capitalist for-profit health care system?

A REPUBLICAN IDEA.

Democrats adopted it in hopes that some Republicans would vote with them.

Fools.

Republicans don't think for themselves. They are party first, America second.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Damn, do Repubs deny the impending 2nd great depression Repub/Bush policies put us in? It was a scary as hell time with the Reds crippling and threatening the entire economy. Obama had to fix that mess and he did. He left Trump a thriving and growing economy that Trump immediately took credit for.
    I wonder how reds can rewrite history so badly. Is that something Fox Gnus says? Is it Infowhores? It certainly is not facts.
    Obama was addressing the debt at the end, when the economy could handle it. Trump did the red thing. Cut taxes and increased spending. He added another 2 trillion to the debt.
    Try 3 trillion.

It was 19 trillion when Trump took over.

Now it's 22 trillion.

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They were trying to shorten the pain. Cant blame them for wanting to deliver affordable care sooner rather than later.
    I bet you can inform us of the Republican healthcare plan. It has been 10 years, I am sure they have a great plan, the greatest of all time. Lets hear it.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I bet you can inform us of the Republican healthcare plan. It has been 10 years, I am sure they have a great plan, the greatest of all time. Lets hear it.
    They were all published and even noted on these forums.
    If you are unaware of them perhaps your sources for current events is lacking.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

They were all published and even noted on these forums.
    If you are unaware of them perhaps your sources for current events is lacking.
    That's a lame answer.

The Republican ideas were all over the place. None of them gained traction because each was rife with serious deal-killer level issues.

Boehner said (now that he is retired and doesn't have to suck up to campaign donors any more) in his 25 years in Congress not once did the Republicans present a single plan that they could rally behind.

It should come as no wonder that people don't want to scrap a plan that is working for millions so that Republicans can take whiffs at something that doesn't exist - that 'better' Republican plan!

Repeal and replace involves two steps. The first step alone does not fix the problem. All it does is hurt people. It doesn't do anyone any good.

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

That's a lame answer.

The Republican ideas were all over the place. None of them gained traction because each was rife with serious deal-killer level issues.

Boehner said (now that he is retired and doesn't have to suck up to campaign donors any more) in his 25 years in Congress not once did the Republicans present a single plan that they could rally behind.

It should come as no wonder that people don't want to scrap a plan that is working for millions so that Republicans can take whiffs at something that doesn't exist - that 'better' Republican plan!

Repeal and replace involves two steps. The first step alone does not fix the problem. All it does is hurt people. It doesn't do anyone any good.
    Actually it does FAR more people good than harm.
    For that reason alone it should come as no surprize that most want it gone.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Actually it does FAR more people good than harm.
    For that reason alone it should come as no surprize that most want it gone.
    So all you really want to do is repeal?

What good will it do to throw out the law that required insurance companies to cover everyone despite any preexisting conditions?