Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Right Wing Nazi Book Burning has Begun

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    As I thought, you don't even understand what fascism is. You said a lot of words, but none of it is rooted in any reality. Just an existence you have carved out for yourself to justify your hatred of Trump and his supporters

President Trump is arguably the most Constitutional President we have had in generations. He does not rule be fiat like Obama did. His Executive Orders are rooted in powers granted to him by either the Constitution or laws passed by Congress. It is fine that you don't like him or his policies.

But, blindly throwing around the word facism doesn't help your cause
    I understand what Fascism is, which is why I didn't say we now have Fascism. I said Trump is creating a culture of Fascism that will eventually lead to totalitarianism. You didn't address any of my points.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    He's creating a cult of personality where truth means nothing. A defining trait of totalitarianism is that the dictator gets to decide what truth is. So when Trump says he cut off the "send her back" chants, but the tape clearly shows he stood there for over ten seconds letting people chant, but then his supporters STILL stand by his lie, that's Fascism. That's blind obedience to the leader. Just look at this forum. Trumpsters are in 100% denial that Trump made racist tweets about the Squad. That's Trump's culture of Fascism.
    In addition to all of that, Trump encourages violence against protesters, he praises and elevates literal dictators, he appoints family members to positions of power, he brags about having the "tough guys" on his side, he threatens to sue journalists who say things he doesn't like, and Fox has pretty much become state TV. All of these things are very common things that happen in culture when a society is on the way to Fascism.

Now I understand you might not care about any of that. You might like Trump so much that you want him to be a dictator. Fine. But if Trump normalizes Fascist culture, then that mean the next president is going to be able to use that culture as well. And you might not like that president. What if the next president is a Far Left Democratic Liberal who doesn't hate gay people? Do you want that person to get away with all of the things Trump gets away with?
    Dictatorships suck, whether the dictator is called liberal or conservative.
    So, he verbally unloads on some women who hate America, appoints family members like JFK did
    and fights back at a malicious lying media like Obama did............so he's a fascist.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (07-21-2019), Sailor (07-20-2019), Truth Detector (07-22-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

That was the Nazi mentality too. When they burnt books, they saw it as getting rid of harmful material.
    Was To Kill A Mockingbird harmful?
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-22-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

I understand what Fascism is, which is why I didn't say we now have Fascism. I said Trump is creating a culture of Fascism that will eventually lead to totalitarianism. You didn't address any of my points.
    They were too laughable to give any credence to

Do we live in a society where political sides are drawn? Yes

Do Trump supporters give him the benefit of the doubt? Yes

Do democrats do the same? Yes

Are either behaviors fascist? No

As for violence? Nothing right now compares to Antifa and you remain silent. A Bernie supporter tries to shoot Republican members of Congress. Republicans can’t walk into certain establishments without being verbally and sometimes accosted. Wearing a MAGA hat seems to be license for leftists to assault people. I don’t hear you worrying about fascism then. I hear crickets from you. You have Maxine Waters inciting violence. Nothing from you

Spare me your faux concern. In fact you can go fuck yourself

7. The Following 2 Users Groan At canceled.2021.2 For This Awful Post:

Bill (07-21-2019), Rune (07-21-2019)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Earl (07-21-2019), Truth Detector (07-22-2019)

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

As I thought, you don't even understand what fascism is. You said a lot of words, but none of it is rooted in any reality. Just an existence you have carved out for yourself to justify your hatred of Trump and his supporters

President Trump is arguably the most Constitutional President we have had in generations. He does not rule be fiat like Obama did. His Executive Orders are rooted in powers granted to him by either the Constitution or laws passed by Congress. It is fine that you don't like him or his policies.

You think Trump has even READ the Constitution, much less understand it? Pffffft!

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do Trump supporters give him the benefit of the doubt? Yes
    No, they don't give him the benefit of the doubt. They blindly defend him no matter what he does. That's a culture of Fascism.

Do democrats do the same? Yes
    No. Democrats actually criticize each other all the time. When people talk about a "civil war" in the DNC, that's actually how a political party works in a democratic republic. There is no blind obedience on the Left.

Are either behaviors fascist? No
    Blind obedience is a part of Fascism and will eventually lead to a totalitarian society.

As for violence? Nothing right now compares to Antifa and you remain silent.

I call Antifa a pack of terrorist thugs all the time. Just because you will support right-wing political violence, doesn't mean other people support left-wing political violence.

And this is a false equivalence because the DNC isn't defending Antifa. However, the GOP defends Trump no matter what, including when he calls for violence.

A Bernie supporter tries to shoot Republican members of Congress. Republicans can’t walk into certain establishments without being verbally and sometimes accosted. Wearing a MAGA hat seems to be license for leftists to assault people. I don’t hear you worrying about fascism then. I hear crickets from you. You have Maxine Waters inciting violence. Nothing from you
    I said before that Maxine Waters should be kicked out of the DNC for what she said. Just because YOU blindly support a political party does not mean I do.

And again, this is the difference. Bernie Sanders didn't call for his supporters to shoot anyone. And several Democrats, including Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have denounced Waters for her calls for violence.
    This is the difference between the DNC and the GOP. The DNC rebukes their extremists. The GOP makes their extremists president.

You're either a closet Fascist who likes where the GOP is going, or you're too much of a pussy to call out anyone with the Magic R.

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

No, they don't give him the benefit of the doubt. They blindly defend him no matter what he does. That's a culture of Fascism.

No. Democrats actually criticize each other all the time. When people talk about a "civil war" in the DNC, that's actually how a political party works in a democratic republic. There is no blind obedience on the Left.

Blind obedience is a part of Fascism and will eventually lead to a totalitarian society.

I call Antifa a pack of terrorist thugs all the time. Just because you will support right-wing political violence, doesn't mean other people support left-wing political violence.

And this is a false equivalence because the DNC isn't defending Antifa. However, the GOP defends Trump no matter what, including when he calls for violence.

I said before that Maxine Waters should be kicked out of the DNC for what she said. Just because YOU blindly support a political party does not mean I do.

And again, this is the difference. Bernie Sanders didn't call for his supporters to shoot anyone. And several Democrats, including Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have denounced Waters for her calls for violence.
    This is the difference between the DNC and the GOP. The DNC rebukes their extremists. The GOP makes their extremists president.

You're either a closet Fascist who likes where the GOP is going, or you're too much of a pussy to call out anyone with the Magic R.
    You keep using the word fascist but you don't know what it means. Just because you hate Trump doesn't mean he is a fascist. You don't even understand what leads to fascism. But, hey if this keeps you off the streets and away from civilized society, who am I to complain?

12. The Following 2 Users Groan At canceled.2021.2 For This Awful Post:

Bill (07-21-2019), Rune (07-21-2019)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You keep using the word fascist but you don't know what it means. Just because you hate Trump doesn't mean he is a fascist. You don't even understand what leads to fascism. But, hey if this keeps you off the streets and away from civilized society, who am I to complain?
    I'm not even saying Trump is a Fascist. I'm saying that what he's doing leads to Fascism. The way his supports act is part of a culture of Fascism.
    And yes, I know what leads to Fascism. Fascists, whether in Italy, Germany, Austria, Russia, China, ect all used violence and blind obedience to create a culture that led to real totalitarianism.

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

I'm not even saying Trump is a Fascist. I'm saying that what he's doing leads to Fascism. The way his supports act is part of a culture of Fascism.
    And yes, I know what leads to Fascism. Fascists, whether in Italy, Germany, Austria, Russia, China, ect all used violence and blind obedience to create a culture that led to real totalitarianism.
    There is no culture of fascism unless there are fascist elements. Certainly there has not been a single step or element of totalitarianism. Everything discussed for far is only rhetoric or attitude. There have been no acts violating the rule of law or legal or constitutional safeguards. The courts or Congress have blocked several of Trump's actions while in a fascist state someone with dictatorial powers overrides constitutional or legal safeguards.

Calling Trum a fascist equates to the right calling those on the left communists--they are neither based on any real elements of those ideologies. They are just used as derogatory terms.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

17. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    There is no culture of fascism unless there are fascist elements. Certainly there has not been a single step or element of totalitarianism. Everything discussed for far is only rhetoric or attitude. There have been no acts violating the rule of law or legal or constitutional safeguards. The courts or Congress have blocked several of Trump's actions while in a fascist state someone with dictatorial powers overrides constitutional or legal safeguards.

Calling Trum a fascist equates to the right calling those on the left communists--they are neither based on any real elements of those ideologies. They are just used as derogatory terms.
    Calling for violence is a Fascist element. Letting the leader define truth is a Fascist element. Calls to sue journalists for "negative" coverage is a Fascist element. Painting the opposition as unpatriotic is a Fascist element. It just goes on and on with Trump.
    And yes, we're lucky that America is well equipped to deal with people like Trump. So far the checks and balances have kept him in place. However, all it takes to overturn those checks and balances is enough people wanting it. Right now the GOP is completely cucked, Republicans are siding with Trump on everything he does, and Trump's drooling idiot supporters defend him no matter what.

Trump as an individual isn't even the problem. The problem is the current culture of the Right. However, Trump is part of why it got as bad as it did.

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Calling for violence is a Fascist element. Letting the leader define truth is a Fascist element. Calls to sue journalists for "negative" coverage is a Fascist element. Painting the opposition as unpatriotic is a Fascist element. It just goes on and on with Trump.
    And yes, we're lucky that America is well equipped to deal with people like Trump. So far the checks and balances have kept him in place. However, all it takes to overturn those checks and balances is enough people wanting it. Right now the GOP is completely cucked, Republicans are siding with Trump on everything he does, and Trump's drooling idiot supporters defend him no matter what.

Trump as an individual isn't even the problem. The problem is the current culture of the Right. However, Trump is part of why it got as bad as it did.
    Simply calling for something does not make fascism. We have leftists on this forum who call for violence but that does not make a fascist culture. This country has experienced violence from both the right and left for many years. The 60s-70's saw bombings, kidnappings, bank robberies and violent protests in the name of leftist revolution but it did not lead to fascism.

I think using the Nazi-Hitler analogy is just overblown scare tactics. There are obviously ugly things happening but the only thing new is the technology and the increased partisanship and division. But until we lose some of our civil liberties and rule of law no steps have been taken toward fascism.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

20. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Yeah sure, right after libs are through tearing down statues, banning opposing speakers in universities and banning books in libraries.
    BUT-BUT-BUT, that's different.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Stretch (07-20-2019)

22. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

24. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Simply calling for something does not make fascism.
    Yes, but when calling for violence has become normal in a community, then that is a Fascist cultural element. My argument is not that we have Fascism in America. My argument is that Trump and the Right have developed a culture of Fascism that, if not stopped, will eventually lead to real totalitarianism.

We have leftists on this forum who call for violence but that does not make a fascist culture.
    First of all, I've never seen a Leftist on this forum call for violence, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it does happen. The difference is that, on the Left, people calling for violence are on the fringe. On the right, threats of violence are quickly becoming the norm. Trump is the leader of the GOP and he's calling for violence. This is the difference between the Left and the Right. The Left's retards bitch on Youtube. The Right's retards get elected to office.

This country has experienced violence from both the right and left for many years. The 60s-70's saw bombings, kidnappings, bank robberies and violent protests in the name of leftist revolution but it did not lead to fascism.
    Because back then, we didn't have a PRESIDENT calling for violence and offering to pay the legal fees of people committing violence. We didn't have a Republican party that was making excuse after excuse for a Republican president who was clearly mentally ill and dangerous.

25. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Liar
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.