Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Rabbi in Congresswoman Ilhan Omar’s district compares Trump rally to 'Nazi Germany'

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    No youre a playable character that is just a never Trumper.

You know that term was started in politics to refer to liberals. These people, they said, join the anti-Trump crowd not because they are led by independent thought or conscience to oppose support President Trump’s policies, but because they’re brainwashed sheep who have been conditioned to parrot left right-wing orthodoxy, in the manner of a scripted character.
    Your comment would work just as well for pro-trumpers.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

You cant find no other person running for president worse than trump? Look at the competition. What policies do you like about any of them?

Who blindly follows Trump? He isnt 100 % correct on everything.. no one is 100% correct or perfect. People are energized about someone that isnt afraid to standup to the media and liberals. Leaders do that they stand up. They may not be 100% correct but they take a stand on their beliefs. Rand Paul is standing on his not adding more to the deficit and no offset spending beliefs. But he is being criticized about it. He always have voted against spending bills. But he is labeled as evil. He isnt against funding the 9/11 heroes. He is against spending without an offset to new spending.
    The thing is, he's a hypocrite. He used to be liberal and he used to court the media for decades. He doesn't have a moral center, he's just out for himself.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Mason Michaels (07-20-2019)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    No- Trump's rally could have been 1930s Germany. Next came the Kristallnacht .
    STFU goat fucker. You do not have the brains of a piss ant.

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    so harsh......stone by stone may feel you've hurt his feelz.......
    Sometimes, the truth is harsh!

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Rabbi in Congresswoman Ilhan Omar’s district compares Trump rally to 'Nazi Germany'

Rabbi Avi Olitzky of Beth El Synagogue in Minneapolis, Minnesota, called chants of "send her home" at the president’s rally Wednesday night in Greenville, North Carolina, “terrifying."

In an interview on ABC News Live’s “The Briefing Room,” Rabbi Olitzky told MaryAlice Parks he can’t “sit or stand silently while our sitting president issues such racist rhetoric.”

Olitzky went on to compare what he saw at the North Carolina rally to some of history’s darkest hours.

"This is a very eerie wave of similar situations in history, be that Nazi Germany or elsewhere," he said, adding that people don’t seem afraid to be “publicly hateful and publicly loud.”

The rabbi called on all political leaders to stop using “the Jewish community as a political football.”

In an op-ed in the Times of Israel titled "Enough with the Noise and the Vitriol," Olitzky wrote, “We cannot fall victim to the political tricks that rely on racism, and the meme of antisemitism, to bolster both sides, while still doing immense communal harm.”

Olitzky told ABC News he has met with Rep. Omar and her staff on numerous occasions -- including in Washington, D.C.

"Even if her previous remarks may be offensive and even if she disagrees with the policies of the current Israeli government, I cannot stay silent today. I stand fully beside her -- and her colleagues -- and support her in the face of the recent racist tweets of the president. This is not how we engage in civil dialogue. This is not how we do business and politics in this country. We are and have been better than this. We need to be better than this," he wrote.

Olitzky called on both sides to rise above this and talk to each other.

“What is happening now is both sides are just screaming into these echo chambers, supporters on both sides are not even listening to each other.”
    Sooo, another psychopathic lib compares a Trump rally to Nazi Germany. How is this any different than any other psychopathic lib? Where's the news here Bill?
    Every life matters

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Not to mention "the very nice people" Trump referred to in Charlottesville who were carrying torches chanting "Jews will not replace us."
    How many times do idiotic libs have to be corrected about this myth? Seriously, have you no shame? Fucking liar.
    Every life matters

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

The title of this story is bunk. He was talking about both sides using the Jewish community for political gain in his interview. Somehow, they made it more on what he said about Trump.

Why didnt you rush to post this story as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jta...on-centers/amp

I know why... youre doing the same thing he was saying that needs to be stopped.
    Did you want me to post a book??

You got a point, you fuckin post it & cover every possible angle on the issue, lest some asshole like you might whine.....

You have a fried weekend my friend.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Bill,

"Olitzky called on both sides to rise above this and talk to each other.

“What is happening now is both sides are just screaming into these echo chambers, supporters on both sides are not even listening to each other.” "

THANK YOU!

That is what is needed. I am willing to talk to anybody who wants to talk in a civil manner. I see allowing myself to be talked AT to be a waste of time. If I let the frustrated and angry dump their stress on me, that comes out of time which might be spent talking to mature people who can talk to somebody who has a different view. My PIP is wise. My eyes are wide open to any respectful views posted here.
    I believe he is correct & it is directed about everyone playing that game..

Personally I am sick of seeing it..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Bill,

"Olitzky called on both sides to rise above this and talk to each other.

“What is happening now is both sides are just screaming into these echo chambers, supporters on both sides are not even listening to each other.” "

THANK YOU!

That is what is needed. I am willing to talk to anybody who wants to talk in a civil manner. I see allowing myself to be talked AT to be a waste of time. If I let the frustrated and angry dump their stress on me, that comes out of time which might be spent talking to mature people who can talk to somebody who has a different view. My PIP is wise. My eyes are wide open to any respectful views posted here.
    You call my post BS then agree with my point . You're being a hypocrite.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe he is correct & it is directed about everyone playing that game..

Personally I am sick of seeing it..
    Thanks for agreeing with me

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did you want me to post a book??

You got a point, you fuckin post it & cover every possible angle on the issue, lest some asshole like you might whine.....

You have a fried weekend my friend.
    I was actually being more critical of the slant of ABC than of your post. But thanks for at least recognizing my point.

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,399 Times in 6,146 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    STFU goat fucker. You do not have the brains of a piss ant.
    Like most other decent people, Bill bath-tub, I'm superior to jetsam such as you in all departments.
    Well- lighthouse-rubbing aside.
    Now go soap up and rub your lighthouse. Haw, haw............................................... ..........................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,399 Times in 6,146 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Sooo, another psychopathic lib compares a Trump rally to Nazi Germany. How is this any different than any other psychopathic lib? Where's the news here Bill?
    We live in dangerous times. Izraeli fascism is prevalent and the wormtongues of Tel Aviv have Kushner and Trump by the ..er......balls.
    Who helped elect Trump ? Izrael.
    Who told Trump to break America's word on the Iran deal ? Izrael
    Who told Trump to send warships to the Persian Gulf on a pretext of ' trouble ' ? Izrael
    Who is in breach of more UN resolutions than every other country combined ? Izrael
    Who told Trump to withdraw from the UN Human Rights Committee ? Izrael
    Who told Trump to abandon UNESCO ? Izrael
    Who told Trump to apply economic sanctions to Iran even though the IAEA and the Europeans declare that Iran has complied with its agreement obligations ? Izrael
    Who has introduced fascist domestic laws which run contrary to accepted democratic principles ? Izrael
    Who has a ' secret ' stock of unmonitored nuclear warheads ? Izrael
    Who shoots unarmed protesters, men, women, children, medics and the press by the hundred ? Izrael
    Who infiltrates Trump rallies and whips up fascist and anti-Muslim chanting.......................................... ..............................................

When Jews Praised Mussolini and Supported Nazis: Meet Israel's First Fascists

Some worrying components of Hebrew fascism are still evident in Israel's right wing, 80 years on

Members of the Brit Habiryonim Revisionist underground. Its aim was to get the country’s youth to see the light about nationalism.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...ists-1.7538589
    That's the ISRAELI PRESS, remember, not some half-assed and disaffected sociopathic blogger.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    The thing is, he's a hypocrite. He used to be liberal and he used to court the media for decades. He doesn't have a moral center, he's just out for himself.
    I used to be a Democrat -is that it? The Dems went insane Prog. left - maybe that why Trump went Republican too?

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Depends on the society, cost of living, and so on. I rather not have a cap on wealth since it's hard to come up with a number on this, even for economics. I'm more concerned with the wealth gap. If wealth isn't spread pretty evenly through society, then that probably means we let too much wealth and power get concentrated.
    It means there are rich and poor -same as it ever was