Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Republicans Have Stopped Standing Uo For What Is Right In Order To Stand With Trump.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I’m dismissive of the chant because it’s just the latest faux outrage *I’m supposed* to be outraged over. [we know the right must stick with a manufactured Fox outrage instead] I choose not to be. [You and all the other Fox viewers. Coincidence?] I don’t like to be told what to be outraged over or what is racist or what isn’t it.
    Right. That would violate the con. And guess what. Fox viewers ARE told what to be outraged over.

To me, this is an outrage:

“We are introducing a resolution . . . to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our first amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar told Al-Monitor. “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement.”
    Sounds like a very mature way of opposing the ugliness of greed and racism.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...184754663.html

Seems pretty clear that Omar is out to boycott Israel.
    That is appropriate because of the way Israel oppresses the Palestinians. Gaza has been turned into a huge concentration camp. It is almost like Israel is trying to take out revenge for what was done to Jews in WWII, only they have picked on a weaker group, easier to oppress. Their efforts to 'get even' have backfired and now the guilt is theirs. They have become what they hated.

The Nazis organized boycotts against Jews, didn’t they? Of course, she’s already free to do that under the First Amendment. But First Amendment rights aren’t absolute [one can be sued for liable in spite of the First] and if Omar wants to Congress to institute a boycott of Israel—she has some heavy lifting to do lol.
    Sometimes a movement standing up for what is right begins with a lone voice.

So, some Trump supporters were chanting to ‘send her back’. NOT because she’s black, a Muslim and from Somalia. Rather, because she’s an antisemite.
    Not true. The calls of antisemitism are a little too quick. She has said nothing about the Jewish religion. Only about how that nation has behaved.

I advocate sending all antisemitic immigrants back to where they came from.
    Totally and hopelessly zenophobic. How ugly.

We don’t need that kind of thing here.
    Yes, actually, we do. We are the land of diversity. Our strength, our greatness comes from having many voices, not all repeating the same dictated manufactured message.

Not that it’s ever going to happen but I’m on board with the sentiment. [It is an ugly sentiment] That some boisterous Trump supporters would voice that opinion, in unison, at a rally tells me we haven’t totally lost the country, yet anyway.
    And the resounding response to that ugliness is what tells me the same thing.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This Squad and company really should quit "whipping up" that hatred....
    They are not the ones whipping up hatred - they are the ones standing up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    There would never have been this "game" you claim if they weren't in constant loathing mode... It's unreal the chaos they've created...
    They are in loving mode. Showing a love for humans of all ethnicity and origin in this great melting pot country. They are rightfully standing up to the chaos of the hateful Republican party.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-19-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Right. That would violate the con. And guess what. Fox viewers ARE told what to be outraged over.

Sounds like a very mature way of opposing the ugliness of greed and racism.

That is appropriate because of the way Israel oppresses the Palestinians. Gaza has been turned into a huge concentration camp. It is almost like Israel is trying to take out revenge for what was done to Jews in WWII, only they have picked on a weaker group, easier to oppress. Their efforts to 'get even' have backfired and now the guilt is theirs. They have become what they hated.

Sometimes a movement standing up for what is right begins with a lone voice.

Not true. The calls of antisemitism are a little too quick. She has said nothing about the Jewish religion. Only about how that nation has behaved.

Totally and hopelessly zenophobic. How ugly.

Yes, actually, we do. We are the land of diversity. Our strength, our greatness comes from having many voices, not all repeating the same dictated manufactured message.

And the resounding response to that ugliness is what tells me the same thing.
    We need more antisemitic immigrants for the sake of ‘diversity’ lol?

Send them back to where they came from—even if they’re Lilly white. Better yet, don’t let them in the first place.

It’s also amusing how circumspect you are about Omar’s antisemitism while you [and your lefty mates] are so quick to ‘see’ racism in Trump’s comments. Hitler made few if any references to the Jewish religion—it was more of a ‘about the Benjamins’ kind of thing.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

We need more antisemitic immigrants for the sake of ‘diversity’ lol?

Send them back to where they came from—even if they’re Lilly white. Better yet, don’t let them in the first place.

It’s also amusing how circumspect you are about Omar’s antisemitism while you [and your lefty mates] are so quick to ‘see’ racism in Trump’s comments. Hitler made few if any references to the Jewish religion—it was more of a ‘about the Benjamins’ kind of thing.
    If that is the most egregious example of unacceptable speech by her and for that she should be banished from the USA then so should 44% of the nation.

A big difference between Ilhan Omar and Donald Trump is that

SHE APOLOGIZED.