Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans Have Stopped Standing Uo For What Is Right In Order To Stand With Trump.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Republicans Have Stopped Standing Uo For What Is Right In Order To Stand With Trump.

Republicans are too addicted to power to stand up and say that the President is hateful.

"I don't see how you can offend so many groups and still have a coalition to win." - Former Senator Jeff Flake, (R) Arizona.

I'll tell ya how, Senator Flake.

It is because Republicans are too addicted to power to say that the President is hateful.

Trump: "I tried to stop the chant"

WE CALL B S!!!

He stood there and let it go. He said nothing.

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush: "Trump needs a Republican challenger in 2020."

Jeb is right. But the Republican party is too power-drunk to admit it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

domer76 (07-18-2019), Guno צְבִי (07-18-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

The GOP is the plutocrat's party. The GOP dance to the tune dictated by their billionaire mega donors.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-18-2019), PoliTalker (07-18-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

TR was the last Republican to stand up for what's right

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-18-2019), PoliTalker (07-18-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Republicans are too addicted to power to stand up and say that the President is hateful.

"I don't see how you can offend so many groups and still have a coalition to win." - Former Senator Jeff Flake, (R) Arizona.

It is because Republicans are too addicted to power to say that the President is hateful.

WE CALL B S!!!

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush: "Trump needs a Republican challenger in 2020."

Were they chanting about the same person that sponsored a House bill to boycott the only democracy in the Middle East? Where is the outrage over that? I’m not hearing it.

And it was a goofy chant that was hardly worth getting triggered over.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (07-18-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

WE CALL B S!!!

Continue down the 2016 path...please. "Jeff Flake"...REJECTED BY HIS OWN CONSTITUENTS....what a twit you choose to use as your "backup"...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans have lost their way.

They think they are doing the right thing.

They are not, but they are unable to see it, because they are giving themselves the benefit of the doubt, and saying to themselves 'it is right.'

Since the rest of us are not them, we can see it.

But Republicans won't listen to us because part of their thinking tells them to ignore all other voices, tells them those other voices are meaningless.

We, who are not Republicans are not meaningless.

We are telling you you have lost your way.

You are on a very dangerous path.

You need to listen to other voices.

You must not think you are perfect.

That should be a clue.

You should have some self-doubt, allow other voices to be really considered instead of instantly dismissed.

You are on a very treacherous voyage, and by refusing to listen to any other thinking, you have disabled all safety devices.

It is foolish for ANYBODY to believe they are so perfect that they and they alone know how it should be.

This chant should serve as a

HUGE WAKE UP CALL

ALARM BELLS ARE RINGING

ARE YOU LISTENING?

IS THERE ANYONE THERE...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (07-18-2019)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh I see I made a typo in the OP title.

Like all humans, I am not perfect.

My bad.

I freely admit this.

The Republican party cannot do that simple thing.

The Republican party is not human.

It is something ugly now.

It has put itself in a position where it cannot admit fault.

It has pretended to be perfect.

And just in that, it has shown that it is not.

There is no perfect political party.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    The GOP is the plutocrat's party. The GOP dance to the tune dictated by their billionaire mega donors.
    Agreed. Even if it has to eat itself in the process.

It's very sad to see, and also very foreboding for the nation and the world.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Were they chanting about the same person that sponsored a House bill to boycott the only democracy in the Middle East?
    That was not the point of what she did. That is what is called spin. Sounds like something a Fox pundit would say, always looking for the characterization which only considers what is good for Trump's Republicans, and never gives equal consideration to the rest of it.

Where is the outrage over that?
    It is on the right - because that is the message dictated to them by the talking heads of spin.

I’m not hearing it.
    Yes, you are. You're just not hearing it from the rest because the rest of the nation has not been conned to only repeat the dictated messages.

But of course. That sounds like a good way to dismiss it. Naturally, you would never want to harbor any thoughts that it was a slow motion tragedy of epic profoundness unfolding right before our eyes. That would indicate flaws or weakness within the Republican party. That is the one thing conned Republicans cannot do. It violates the con job.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

WE CALL B S!!!

Rick Wilson explains why arguing with Trump supporters is pointless. They are not interested in a discussion of facts, or reaching any sort of sensible, rational conclusion.

"Trump understands his Deplorables with an almost anthropological eye; he knows they’re not just looking for validation or jobs or a drained Swamp; they’re looking for permission to be as cruel, grotesque, and vicious as he is."

"He knows they’re addicted now to the way he enables and empowers them to say and do the things they want, regardless of consequence. His brilliant, ****ty showmanship is tuned to their Bubba Belt sensibilities; crude, loud, a vulgarian warrior giving them permission to blow up a society leaving them behind."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...e-war?ref=home

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

domer76 (07-18-2019), PoliTalker (07-18-2019)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Grokmaster,

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Continue down the 2016 path...please. "Jeff Flake"...REJECTED BY HIS OWN CONSTITUENTS....what a twit you choose to use as your "backup"...
    Ahhh got it. Talk about the messenger not the message. That's an ugly habit of the Republican party which does not serve very well. It tends to skew thinking away from the forbidden thoughts. It's part of the con job. Well utilized!

President Trump was able to insult his way into the White House in 2016, despite what Jeb Bush said. That was a fluke. The Dem candidate had a lot of baggage. That's not going to happen again in 2020. The only baggage likely would be that which the message-dictator and the subservient talking heads create out of spin.

The Democrats definitely have the message that they need somebody without that baggage. They know they are not going to do well if they run anybody like the Wicked Witch of Benghazi.

What we are going to see is if Trump's antics can keep his hateful base, plus enough of his once-reluctant-now-conned followers, to overwhelm the rest of the duly shocked and outraged nation.

Those who feel very strongly are not about to change their minds. It is predictable they will say whatever they have to say, talk about the messenger instead of the message, close their eyes at the right time, use whataboutism to stay the course and keep hold of that power. Just as your post indicates.

What will be interesting will be if the rest of the nation is alarmed enough to vote otherwise.

I certainly hope so.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Rick Wilson explains why arguing with Trump supporters is pointless. They are not interested in a discussion of facts, or reaching any sort of sensible, rational conclusion.
    Trump understands his Deplorables with an almost anthropological eye; he knows they’re not just looking for validation or jobs or a drained Swamp; they’re looking for permission to be as cruel, grotesque, and vicious as he is."

"He knows they’re addicted now to the way he enables and empowers them to say and do the things they want, regardless of consequence. His brilliant, ****ty showmanship is tuned to their Bubba Belt sensibilities; crude, loud, a vulgarian warrior giving them permission to blow up a society leaving them behind.
    That is so poignant.

Naturally it will be dismissed by the subjects.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

ROFL @ "Flake" and Jeb! -nobody gives a damn about either of them

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default TrumpTV star

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) defended President Donald Trump’s racist attacks on Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar and his supporters’ chants of “send her back” Wednesday night, saying that they weren’t racist because the comments only applied to those who did not support Trump.

https://thinkprogress.org/lindsey-gr...-0c7a2dcb60a6/

Ms Linda is a mess, not sure who's the biggest scumbag her or McConnell

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Were they chanting about the same person that sponsored a House bill to boycott the only democracy in the Middle East? Where is the outrage over that? I’m not hearing it.

Because there is no reason to be outraged over boycotting Israel.

And this "goofy chant" was a result of what Trump said.

There are plenty of idiotic Democrats who have no business being in government, but Liberals generally don't vote for them. Only Conservatives are so Fascist that they'll blindly support anyone with the Magic R.