Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans Have Stopped Standing Uo For What Is Right In Order To Stand With Trump.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

The President said the chant made him feel sad.

Are you kidding me?

When you whip up ugly hatred, then ugly hated is what you get.

He thinks this is a game, it is not.

He is hurting the nation by enabling hatred in return for political capital.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    ROFL @ "Flake" and Jeb! -nobody gives a damn about either of them
    This comment comes as no surprise. And you are quite wrong. Lots of people are appalled. You're just blocking all of that out. All part of the con.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) defended President Donald Trump’s racist attacks on Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar and his supporters’ chants of “send her back” Wednesday night, saying that they weren’t racist because the comments only applied to those who did not support Trump.

https://thinkprogress.org/lindsey-gr...-0c7a2dcb60a6/

Ms Linda is a mess, not sure who's the biggest scumbag her or McConnell
    Graham bought into the con. He has become part of it.

Trump is a master conman. The pied piper of the Republican party.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump said if it happened again he would try to stop it.

Let's break that down.

You know there is no 'if' about it.

It is going to happen again. He has decided that he can make his presidential campaign about him against these four junior congresswomen of color. For him to continue that, he will have to talk about them again. and as soon as he mentions Omar, the chant will start again. The conned are not listening to reason.

And there is no 'try' about it.

He needs to begin the next rally by saying he will not tolerate any such chants and if they begin he will stop and walk away from the stage and it will be instantly over, just like he walked away from Kim.

Do you think he has the never to make SURE it doesn't happen again?

'Try'.

WE CALL B S !!!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello reagansghost,

Graham bought into the con. He has become part of it.

Trump is a master conman. The pied piper of the Republican party.
    Graham is the angriest person I've ever seen on TV, could have sworn his head was going to literally explode during that Kav confirmation

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,288 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Were they chanting about the same person that sponsored a House bill to boycott the only democracy in the Middle East? Where is the outrage over that? I’m not hearing it.

And it was a goofy chant that was hardly worth getting triggered over.
    Yeah, defend that kind of bullshit. And the Liar-in-Chief.

They were chanting about an American citizen. He let it go and then lied about it today.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Republican party has lost it's ability to think OBjectively.

It is now only able to think SUBjectively.

That is a weakness, and it will surely be to their detriment.

It is only a matter of time.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Yeah, defend that kind of bullshit. And the Liar-in-Chief.

They were chanting about an American citizen. He let it go and then lied about it today.
    Omar is trash. I'm not concerned for her at all. we'd all be better off if she was back in Somalia.

She speaks like al Shabaab

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Darth Omar,

That was not the point of what she did. That is what is called spin. Sounds like something a Fox pundit would say, always looking for the characterization which only considers what is good for Trump's Republicans, and never gives equal consideration to the rest of it.

It is on the right - because that is the message dictated to them by the talking heads of spin.

Yes, you are. You're just not hearing it from the rest because the rest of the nation has not been conned to only repeat the dictated messages.

But of course. That sounds like a good way to dismiss it. Naturally, you would never want to harbor any thoughts that it was a slow motion tragedy of epic profoundness unfolding right before our eyes. That would indicate flaws or weakness within the Republican party. That is the one thing conned Republicans cannot do. It violates the con job.
    I’m dismissive of the chant because it’s just the latest faux outrage *I’m supposed* to be outraged over. I choose not to be. I don’t like to be told what to be outraged over or what is racist or what isn’t it.

To me, this is an outrage:

“We are introducing a resolution . . . to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our first amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar told Al-Monitor. “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...184754663.html

Seems pretty clear that Omar is out to boycott Israel. The Nazis organized boycotts against Jews, didn’t they? Of course, she’s already free to do that under the First Amendment. But First Amendment rights aren’t absolute [one can be sued for liable in spite of the First] and if Omar wants to Congress to institute a boycott of Israel—she has some heavy lifting to do lol.

So, some Trump supporters were chanting to ‘send her back’. NOT because she’s black, a Muslim and from Somalia. Rather, because she’s an antisemite.

I advocate sending all antisemitic immigrants back to where they came from. We don’t need that kind of thing here. Not that it’s ever going to happen but I’m on board with the sentiment. That some boisterous Trump supporters would voice that opinion, in unison, at a rally tells me we haven’t totally lost the country, yet anyway.
    Last edited by Darth Omar; 07-19-2019 at 04:05 AM.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,488 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicans Have Stopped Standing Uo For What Is Right In Order To Stand With Trump.
    Yes- putting party before country is a terrible indictment. Some of them even put Izrael before both.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-19-2019)

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,488 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Omar is trash. I'm not concerned for her at all. we'd all be better off if she was back in Somalia.

I guess that we're all looking to have you and your ilk confined in regulated compounds where you can't do modern civilization any damage.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,630 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

The President said the chant made him feel sad.

Are you kidding me?

When you whip up ugly hatred, then ugly hated is what you get.

He thinks this is a game, it is not.

He is hurting the nation by enabling hatred in return for political capital.
    This Squad and company really should quit "whipping up" that hatred.... There would never have been this "game" you claim if they weren't in constant loathing mode... It's unreal the chaos they've created...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

RB 60 (07-19-2019)

15. #28 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,602 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    I guess that we're all looking to have you and your ilk confined in regulated compounds where you can't do modern civilization any damage.
    Bring it on, stupid foreigner.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,288 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

She’s here to stay, shitweasel. Live with it.

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha;,

No we would not, and that is xenophobic thinking. Anyone who dwells on such thoughts would never achieve moksha.