Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans Have Stopped Standing Uo For What Is Right In Order To Stand With Trump.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Republicans Have Stopped Standing Uo For What Is Right In Order To Stand With Trump.

Republicans are too addicted to power to stand up and say that the President is hateful.

"I don't see how you can offend so many groups and still have a coalition to win." - Former Senator Jeff Flake, (R) Arizona.

I'll tell ya how, Senator Flake.

It is because Republicans are too addicted to power to say that the President is hateful.

Trump: "I tried to stop the chant"

WE CALL B S!!!

He stood there and let it go. He said nothing.

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush: "Trump needs a Republican challenger in 2020."

Jeb is right. But the Republican party is too power-drunk to admit it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

domer76 (07-18-2019), Guno צְבִי (07-18-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

The GOP is the plutocrat's party. The GOP dance to the tune dictated by their billionaire mega donors.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-18-2019), PoliTalker (07-18-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    The GOP is the plutocrat's party. The GOP dance to the tune dictated by their billionaire mega donors.
    Agreed. Even if it has to eat itself in the process.

It's very sad to see, and also very foreboding for the nation and the world.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

TR was the last Republican to stand up for what's right

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-18-2019), PoliTalker (07-18-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Republicans are too addicted to power to stand up and say that the President is hateful.

"I don't see how you can offend so many groups and still have a coalition to win." - Former Senator Jeff Flake, (R) Arizona.

I'll tell ya how, Senator Flake.

It is because Republicans are too addicted to power to say that the President is hateful.

Trump: "I tried to stop the chant"

WE CALL B S!!!

He stood there and let it go. He said nothing.

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush: "Trump needs a Republican challenger in 2020."

Jeb is right. But the Republican party is too power-drunk to admit it.
    Were they chanting about the same person that sponsored a House bill to boycott the only democracy in the Middle East? Where is the outrage over that? I’m not hearing it.

And it was a goofy chant that was hardly worth getting triggered over.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (07-18-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Were they chanting about the same person that sponsored a House bill to boycott the only democracy in the Middle East?
    That was not the point of what she did. That is what is called spin. Sounds like something a Fox pundit would say, always looking for the characterization which only considers what is good for Trump's Republicans, and never gives equal consideration to the rest of it.

Where is the outrage over that?
    It is on the right - because that is the message dictated to them by the talking heads of spin.

I’m not hearing it.
    Yes, you are. You're just not hearing it from the rest because the rest of the nation has not been conned to only repeat the dictated messages.

But of course. That sounds like a good way to dismiss it. Naturally, you would never want to harbor any thoughts that it was a slow motion tragedy of epic profoundness unfolding right before our eyes. That would indicate flaws or weakness within the Republican party. That is the one thing conned Republicans cannot do. It violates the con job.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth Omar,

That was not the point of what she did. That is what is called spin. Sounds like something a Fox pundit would say, always looking for the characterization which only considers what is good for Trump's Republicans, and never gives equal consideration to the rest of it.

It is on the right - because that is the message dictated to them by the talking heads of spin.

Yes, you are. You're just not hearing it from the rest because the rest of the nation has not been conned to only repeat the dictated messages.

But of course. That sounds like a good way to dismiss it. Naturally, you would never want to harbor any thoughts that it was a slow motion tragedy of epic profoundness unfolding right before our eyes. That would indicate flaws or weakness within the Republican party. That is the one thing conned Republicans cannot do. It violates the con job.
    I’m dismissive of the chant because it’s just the latest faux outrage *I’m supposed* to be outraged over. I choose not to be. I don’t like to be told what to be outraged over or what is racist or what isn’t it.

To me, this is an outrage:

“We are introducing a resolution . . . to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our first amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar told Al-Monitor. “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...184754663.html

Seems pretty clear that Omar is out to boycott Israel. The Nazis organized boycotts against Jews, didn’t they? Of course, she’s already free to do that under the First Amendment. But First Amendment rights aren’t absolute [one can be sued for liable in spite of the First] and if Omar wants to Congress to institute a boycott of Israel—she has some heavy lifting to do lol.

So, some Trump supporters were chanting to ‘send her back’. NOT because she’s black, a Muslim and from Somalia. Rather, because she’s an antisemite.

I advocate sending all antisemitic immigrants back to where they came from. We don’t need that kind of thing here. Not that it’s ever going to happen but I’m on board with the sentiment. That some boisterous Trump supporters would voice that opinion, in unison, at a rally tells me we haven’t totally lost the country, yet anyway.
    Last edited by Darth Omar; 07-19-2019 at 04:05 AM.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

I’m dismissive of the chant because it’s just the latest faux outrage *I’m supposed* to be outraged over. [we know the right must stick with a manufactured Fox outrage instead] I choose not to be. [You and all the other Fox viewers. Coincidence?] I don’t like to be told what to be outraged over or what is racist or what isn’t it.
    Right. That would violate the con. And guess what. Fox viewers ARE told what to be outraged over.

To me, this is an outrage:

“We are introducing a resolution . . . to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our first amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar told Al-Monitor. “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement.”
    Sounds like a very mature way of opposing the ugliness of greed and racism.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...184754663.html

Seems pretty clear that Omar is out to boycott Israel.
    That is appropriate because of the way Israel oppresses the Palestinians. Gaza has been turned into a huge concentration camp. It is almost like Israel is trying to take out revenge for what was done to Jews in WWII, only they have picked on a weaker group, easier to oppress. Their efforts to 'get even' have backfired and now the guilt is theirs. They have become what they hated.

The Nazis organized boycotts against Jews, didn’t they? Of course, she’s already free to do that under the First Amendment. But First Amendment rights aren’t absolute [one can be sued for liable in spite of the First] and if Omar wants to Congress to institute a boycott of Israel—she has some heavy lifting to do lol.
    Sometimes a movement standing up for what is right begins with a lone voice.

So, some Trump supporters were chanting to ‘send her back’. NOT because she’s black, a Muslim and from Somalia. Rather, because she’s an antisemite.
    Not true. The calls of antisemitism are a little too quick. She has said nothing about the Jewish religion. Only about how that nation has behaved.

I advocate sending all antisemitic immigrants back to where they came from.
    Totally and hopelessly zenophobic. How ugly.

We don’t need that kind of thing here.
    Yes, actually, we do. We are the land of diversity. Our strength, our greatness comes from having many voices, not all repeating the same dictated manufactured message.

Not that it’s ever going to happen but I’m on board with the sentiment. [It is an ugly sentiment] That some boisterous Trump supporters would voice that opinion, in unison, at a rally tells me we haven’t totally lost the country, yet anyway.
    And the resounding response to that ugliness is what tells me the same thing.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

Right. That would violate the con. And guess what. Fox viewers ARE told what to be outraged over.

Sounds like a very mature way of opposing the ugliness of greed and racism.

That is appropriate because of the way Israel oppresses the Palestinians. Gaza has been turned into a huge concentration camp. It is almost like Israel is trying to take out revenge for what was done to Jews in WWII, only they have picked on a weaker group, easier to oppress. Their efforts to 'get even' have backfired and now the guilt is theirs. They have become what they hated.

Sometimes a movement standing up for what is right begins with a lone voice.

Not true. The calls of antisemitism are a little too quick. She has said nothing about the Jewish religion. Only about how that nation has behaved.

Totally and hopelessly zenophobic. How ugly.

Yes, actually, we do. We are the land of diversity. Our strength, our greatness comes from having many voices, not all repeating the same dictated manufactured message.

And the resounding response to that ugliness is what tells me the same thing.
    We need more antisemitic immigrants for the sake of ‘diversity’ lol?

Send them back to where they came from—even if they’re Lilly white. Better yet, don’t let them in the first place.

It’s also amusing how circumspect you are about Omar’s antisemitism while you [and your lefty mates] are so quick to ‘see’ racism in Trump’s comments. Hitler made few if any references to the Jewish religion—it was more of a ‘about the Benjamins’ kind of thing.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Were they chanting about the same person that sponsored a House bill to boycott the only democracy in the Middle East? Where is the outrage over that? I’m not hearing it.

Because there is no reason to be outraged over boycotting Israel.

And this "goofy chant" was a result of what Trump said.

There are plenty of idiotic Democrats who have no business being in government, but Liberals generally don't vote for them. Only Conservatives are so Fascist that they'll blindly support anyone with the Magic R.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, defend that kind of bullshit. And the Liar-in-Chief.

They were chanting about an American citizen. He let it go and then lied about it today.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Yeah, defend that kind of bullshit. And the Liar-in-Chief.

They were chanting about an American citizen. He let it go and then lied about it today.
    Omar is trash. I'm not concerned for her at all. we'd all be better off if she was back in Somalia.

She speaks like al Shabaab

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,518 Times in 6,259 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Omar is trash. I'm not concerned for her at all. we'd all be better off if she was back in Somalia.

I guess that we're all looking to have you and your ilk confined in regulated compounds where you can't do modern civilization any damage.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

18. #14 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    I guess that we're all looking to have you and your ilk confined in regulated compounds where you can't do modern civilization any damage.
    Bring it on, stupid foreigner.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post

She’s here to stay, shitweasel. Live with it.