Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: texas court makes new law out of thin air, negates a right of the people

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    my bad and my apologies. I missed that it was you posting and thought it was archives.
    Accepted.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Why is it you people can't recognize the fact that Constitutional rights can be regulated, that no right, none, are absolute, ever one can be, and are, regulated, simple fact. Carrying long guns in public can be legally regulated
    because it goes against the constitution, a power that the courts usurped because people like you are afraid of freedom. rights are absolute, otherwise they are just privileges
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    The second amendment doesn't guarantee rights to all arms. It also doesn't give you the right to interrupt people's peaceful lives, just so you can flaunt your arms. Carrying a long gun doesn't fit the situation anyway. I'd love to see someone try, and do certain tasks lugging something like that along.
    there's something that you are apparently choosing to ignore and that is that to make something illegal, you must have a law making it illegal, otherwise it's legal.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,185 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Bullshit to both, Big N.
    Wrong again, shocking, but you can bail yourself out, show me where I ever defended abortion, I can wait

5. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Jade Dragon (07-18-2019)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wrong again, shocking, but you can bail yourself out, show me where I ever defended abortion, I can wait
    Lying again, boy. It's what you do.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

if the state, or even the court, were using an actual gun law to do this, you MIGHT have a point. However, that is not what is happening here. The court is using a vague definition in a disorderly conduct statute to make people afraid to exercise a right in order to avoid the citation that they redefined.
    Not in what you posted, they issued a straightforward opinion, even discussed your notion of a "vague definition," and reacting to a known gang leader displaying a gun in public doesn't quite seem like trying to "make people afraid to exercise a right"

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Lying again, boy. It's what you do.
    See you couldn't, again shocking

Next

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not in what you posted, they issued a straightforward opinion, even discussed your notion of a "vague definition," and reacting to a known gang leader displaying a gun in public doesn't quite seem like trying to "make people afraid to exercise a right"
    so you agree that 'likely to alarm' justifies disorderly conduct? or does it just depend upon who is exercising that right?

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

See you couldn't, again shocking

Next
    Oh, the I'm pro choice not pro abortion excuse, huh?

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

...and the Founding Fathers did set a requirement in the Second Amendment, I guess they didn't teach the prefatory clause where you went to school
    They did? Please point it out for me:

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I can't seem to find anything that "limits" this right. Once again arsecheese is talking out of his ass.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

because it goes against the constitution, a power that the courts usurped because people like you are afraid of freedom. rights are absolute, otherwise they are just privileges
    Rights are not absolute, fact, every Constitutional right can, and is regulated, another fact, and freedom itself is not absolute, even though the term used on the right reflects a total misunderstanding of what the concept means

13. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

domer76 (07-18-2019)

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rights are not absolute, fact, every Constitutional right can, and is regulated, another fact, and freedom itself is not absolute, even though the term used on the right reflects a total misunderstanding of what the concept means
    Where do you come up with such bullshit?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

where in the constitution does it say that rights are not absolute? where, EXACTLY, does it say that all rights can be regulated? feel free to copy and paste that part of the constitution that says such a thing.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Every Amendment has limitations, and the Founding Fathers did set a requirement in the Second Amendment, I guess they didn't teach the prefatory clause where you went to school
    what historical documentation do you have that supports your idea of that 'requirement'???

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    They did? Please point it out for me:

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I can't seem to find anything that "limits" this right. Once again arsecheese is talking out of his ass.
    And another one checks in, it is called the prefatory clause, "a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state," and just cause you probably didn't pay attention in middle school, the reason for a prefatory clause announces the purpose of the following operative clause

To relate in terms you can even understand, when your parent told you would get paid if you completed a household chore it didn't mean you were automatically going to get paid