Eric Schulmiller traveled from Long Island. “I feel like coming down here today to DC, seeing this youth-led movement of young Jewish Americans and others, inspired me to want to follow their lead to feel American, to feel Jewish, and to know what that means that never again has to mean something,” he told the Post.

“Many of the people who are being held in these camps are seeking legal asylum which is their right to do,” he added. “Many of those who are attempting very dangerous illegal entry points are doing so because the current administration has slowed to a halt the points of entry where they could be coming legally. So many of the people coming here are trying to seek legal asylum. But even if they are participating in what is actually a misdemeanor in terms of crossing illegally, we can’t deny that the images that are in front of our eyes of the way people of all ages are being treated in these camps, whether it’s men, women, young children, some have died in US custody. And it makes me ashamed to see that that’s being done in our name. And it makes me proud to be here today to see that this is what’s being done in the Jewish people’s name.”

https://www.jpost.com/American-Polit...s-a-Jew-595885