Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: OMG Another Confederate rememberance that must be destroyed

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Personally I don't give a fuck whether you by it or no.
    "by it"?
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I am not even close to being an authority on Chinese history, but what I do know is that at that point in time the Ming Dynasty was at the peak of its power, it had successfully driven the Mongols out of China, it had developed formidable defensive infrastructure, aka the Great Wall, and I am pretty sure the Ming could summon armies of a size that would dwarf anything that could be thrown at them from Persia.
    Who invented that white cardboard box for Chinese take out?
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

Bill (07-22-2019)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    When you start changing post, you've lost. You lost the day you were born based on what you are, boy.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am not even close to being an authority on Chinese history, but what I do know is that at that point in time the Ming Dynasty was at the peak of its power, it had successfully driven the Mongols out of China, it had developed formidable defensive infrastructure, aka the Great Wall, and I am pretty sure the Ming could summon armies of a size that would dwarf anything that could be thrown at them from Persia.
    He wasn't Persian....... Smarkiland(sp) in the middle of present day no where.. Piles of sculls from India to the Levant..

I dunno what his largest army was nor who his foes/generals would be in China but he made alliances etc..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Who invented that white cardboard box for Chinese take out?
    Every one knows that, he's famous, ppl still bring up his name Fuk Yu... A legend in his own time.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

I don't look at confederate statues as honoring the south I see them as a reminder of an ugly period in our history. And the end of slavery.
    That's what museums are for. These monuments were built to honor/worship the CSA, however, which is why they aren't in museums in the first place.

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Every one knows that, he's famous, ppl still bring up his name Fuk Yu... A legend in his own time.
    Side order of Cum o sum yung guy
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

The way I see it if they don't care to do the job they swore an oath to do then they should go back (state) where they came from.
    Opposing Trump is the job they swore an oath to do. He and his sycophants are the ones who should go back where they came from.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's right simply because of assholes who think their feelings are more important that the rights of the people who erected those statues.

Yeah, traitors celebrating treason is more important.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,716 Times in 27,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

He wasn't Persian....... Smarkiland(sp) in the middle of present day no where.. Piles of sculls from India to the Levant..

I dunno what his largest army was nor who his foes/generals would be in China but he made alliances etc..
    I thought his empire was centered on Persia, which is why I assumed any military venture against China would come from that area.

Apparently, the Ming Dynasty had million man standing army, the world's largest navy, and the dynasty was at the peak of its power. I have never heard any historian state that the Ming, at the peak of their power at that point, were vulnerable to defeat and dissolution.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Bill (07-22-2019)

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Opposing Trump is the job they swore an oath to do. He and his sycophants are the ones who should go back where they came from.

New Yorkers would rather he stay in Florida.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-22-2019)

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I can play your silly fucking game what about those residents that aren't offended their rights hold just as much weight as the whiners like you.
    You mean that you agree with the bigots and traitors.

Last edited by rjhenn; 07-22-2019 at 10:03 PM.

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh please. Do you get this worked up over Benedict Arnold?
    Where do you see monuments to Benedict Arnold?

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I thought his empire was centered on Persia, which is why I assumed any military venture against China would come from that area.

Apparently, the Ming Dynasty had million man standing army, the world's largest navy, and the dynasty was at the peak of its power. I have never heard any historian state that the Ming, at the peak of their power at that point, were vulnerable to defeat and dissolution.
    He conquered Iran & Iraq, Syria, kicked the turks ass & the Egyptians..

I dunno if Tamerlane ever had an army bigger than 100,000 but I think when he was planning the invasion China was not @ their peak yet.... (early 1400)

It is all really speculation of course but China was involved in conflicts w/ other Mongols as well as huge armies in the south-Vietnam etc..

I have just seen a few blogs of ppl discussing the invasion but nothing really compelling...

I think even if he was successful in part or whole, it would have all fallen apart upon his death.... (wish seems a story akin to Alexander)

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Did you know about this?? I could not believe it when I first heard about it.

(Virginia & I think other states were enacting programs, pensions etc for the wounded, widows etc under their jurisdiction)

Government, Politics / By Truth or Fiction

In the 19th and early 20th centuries, only Union soldiers were eligible for military benefits. It wasn’t until the 1930s that confederate soldiers began receiving pensions from the federal government. Prior to that, confederate soldiers could apply for benefits through the state they resided in

The groundwork for reconciliation, however, was laid decades before Confederate soldiers and family members became available for federal benefits.
    President William McKinley cited reconciliation between the North and South in a speech that followed the conclusion of the Spanish American War on December 14, 1898. A number of former Confederate officers had volunteered for service during the war, which had helped secure U.S. victory, McKinley said:

… Every soldier’s grave made during our unfortunate Civil War is a tribute to American valor. And while, when those graves were made, we differed widely about the future of this government, those differences were long ago settled by the arbitrament of arms; and the time has now come, in the evolution of sentiment and feeling under the providence of God, when in the spirit of fraternity we should share with you in the care of the graves of the Confederate soldiers.

So, it’s true that Confederate and Union soldiers are considered equal under federal law, but critics argue that the same isn’t true of the American and Confederate flags.
    What I want to know is, if CSA troops are considered US veterans, then, why aren't all of the Civil War casualties officially listed as friendly fire and/or training mishaps?