Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: OMG Another Confederate rememberance that must be destroyed

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,710 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    He conquered Iran & Iraq, Syria, kicked the turks ass & the Egyptians..

I dunno if Tamerlane ever had an army bigger than 100,000 but I think when he was planning the invasion China was not @ their peak yet.... (early 1400)

It is all really speculation of course but China was involved in conflicts w/ other Mongols as well as huge armies in the south-Vietnam etc..

I have just seen a few blogs of ppl discussing the invasion but nothing really compelling...

I think even if he was successful in part or whole, it would have all fallen apart upon his death.... (wish seems a story akin to Alexander)
    Thanks for the historical factoids. Most of this is a Tamerlane stuff is a black hole in my knowlege.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,630 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Opposing Trump is the job they swore an oath to do. He and his sycophants are the ones who should go back where they came from.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    So you think that members of congress swear an oath to oppose the president, then you are either insane or an idiot or both! Here is the oath of office dick weed. "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

Just where does the above mention opposing the president?

Partisanship is one thing but total moronic stupidity by not doing what is best for the nation is something else.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    So you think that members of congress swear an oath to oppose the president, then you are either insane or an idiot or both! Here is the oath of office dick weed. "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

Partisanship is one thing but total moronic stupidity by not doing what is best for the nation is something else.
    "Enemies domestic",refers to the enemy of America,Trump!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    What I want to know is, if CSA troops are considered US veterans, then, why aren't all of the Civil War casualties officially listed as friendly fire and/or training mishaps?

Did you know about this before?? I only heard about it a few years ago~found it pretty hard to believe..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Thanks for the historical factoids. Most of this is a Tamerlane stuff is a black hole in my knowlege.
    I am an oddball in that I have always been fascinated about the Mongols. Think I saw some movie as a lil kid & always thought they were awesome warriors..

I would say the same about the Normans & the similarities between them..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

IMHO both of these parties are guilty of putting their corrupt parties before the American ppl.....

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    "Enemies domestic",refers to the enemy of America,Trump!
    Ok you made the charge now provide your evidence Trump is a domestic enemy! Mason you are always long on charges and never provide proof of those charges. So either prove it or shut up. You can even enlist your fellow Trump haters for help.

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

IMHO both of these parties are guilty of putting their corrupt parties before the American ppl.....

No argument there.

9. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am an oddball in that I have always been fascinated about the Mongols. Think I saw some movie as a lil kid & always thought they were awesome warriors..

I would say the same about the Normans & the similarities between them..
    I will take my Cossack cavalry against your Mongol hordes, and give you two to one odds.

That's how confident I am in the Cossacks - and my bias has nothing to do with my grandmother being a Cossack woman!

"Cossacks are the best light troops among all that exist. If I had then in my army, I would go through all the world with them."

- Napoleon

10. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I will take my Cossack cavalry against your Mongol hordes, and give you two to one odds.

That's how confident I am in the Cossacks - and my bias has nothing to do with my grandmother being a Cossack woman!

Cossacks certainly put a hurtin on the Mongols, but their prime was prior. GOlden horde, Crimean tarts etc~prior to that they sold Slavs to turkey, Egypt or to anyone who will to buy them..

what is the percent of Russians/Uk/Moldovia etc that carry Mongol DNA??

11. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Ok you made the charge now provide your evidence Trump is a domestic enemy! Mason you are always long on charges and never provide proof of those charges. So either prove it or shut up. You can even enlist your fellow Trump haters for help.
    All racist are enemies of America!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

12. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    All racist are enemies of America!
    I knew better than to expect a reasoned rational answer from you.

13. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cossacks certainly put a hurtin on the Mongols, but their prime was prior. GOlden horde, Crimean tarts etc~prior to that they sold Slavs to turkey, Egypt or to anyone who will to buy them..

what is the percent of Russians/Uk/Moldovia etc that carry Mongol DNA??
    I think any East Slavs from white Russia, greater Russia, or the Baltic region have very little Cossack or Tatar heritage. The Golden Horde never penetrated into the forests of northern Russia, Belarus, Baltic areas. Cossack, tatars, are largely limited primarily to far southern Russia, Black Sea, Crimea, Ukraine steppes, etc.

I do not think there is anything such thing as Cossack DNA. I do not think it is something that can be genetically tested. The Cossacks, as far as I know, were a socio-cultural affiliation of East slavic people of dubious and uncertain origin. Cossack "membership" as it were, is generally accepted as tracing ancestry to one of the great Cossack Hosts on the Don and Volga Rivers. My grandmother came from a old family of Don River Cossacks traceable back to to the Don Cossack Host.

14. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think any East Slavs from white Russia, greater Russia, or the Baltic region have very little Cossack or Tatar heritage. The Golden Horde never penetrated into the forests of northern Russia, Belarus, Baltic areas. Cossack, tatars, are largely limited primarily to far southern Russia, Black Sea, Crimea, Ukraine steppes, etc.

I do not think there is anything such thing as Cossack DNA. I do not think it is something that can be genetically tested. The Cossacks, as far as I know, were a socio-cultural affiliation of East slavic people of dubious and uncertain origin. Cossack "membership" as it were, is generally accepted as tracing ancestry to one of the great Cossack Hosts on the Don and Volga Rivers. My grandmother came from a old family of Don River Cossacks traceable back to to the Don Cossack Host.
    I know they are not an ethnicity, but the reason I ask is, obviously Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, etc, etc are not all exactly ethnically the same but IMHO some appear almost as if Scandinavian & yet others appear to have more Asian features..

I have several friends that are Russian, mostly from Ukraine but I worked w/ a girl name Luda & she was Russian, although born in Kyrgyzstan & her Mom is of that ethnicity but she is like a Nordic goddess. Nothing like her Mom, I guess DNA is a wonderful thing..

15. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    What I want to know is, if CSA troops are considered US veterans, then, why aren't all of the Civil War casualties officially listed as friendly fire and/or training mishaps?
    Because it was an act of reconciliation, not rewritting history.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.