Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Condemned For Racist Tweets In Extremely Rare House Vote. Republicans Join In..

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    Interesting, you and the media are making it about "women of color" and not a matter of debate on policy. Why is that? A lot of people are sick of the four congresswomen and the things that they said about this country.
    Count me as one of those "lot of people are sick of the four congresswomen and the things that they said about this country."

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The President stepped into it this time:

"What did the resolution say?

The resolution "condemning President Trump's racist comments directed at Members of Congress" quoted US founding fathers and former presidents.

Immigration "has defined every stage of American history", it said, adding that "all Americans, except for the descendants of Native people and enslaved African-Americans, are immigrants or descendants of immigrants".

It also noted that patriotism is not defined by race or ethnicity, "but by devotion to the Constitutional ideals of equality, liberty, inclusion and democracy".

How significant is this?

There have been only four congressional votes to approve resolutions aimed at censuring or condemning a president, according to a 2018 report by the Congressional Research Service.

The last occasion was against William Howard Taft in 1912, when he was accused of trying to influence a disputed Senate election."

BBC: US House condemns Trump attacks on congresswomen as racist

"It passed by 240 votes to 187.

Four Republicans and the House's sole independent, former Republican lawmaker Justin Amash, joined all 235 Democrats to approve the resolution

The four Republicans were Texas congressman Will Hurd (the party's only African American representative), Brian Fitzpatrick (Pennsylvania), Fred Upton (Michigan) and Susan Brooks (Indiana).

Passing a resolution - which is a statement of opinion and not legally binding - criticising presidential conduct is very rare. "

Some Republicans tried to lash out at Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi for calling the tweets racist, but that was quickly quashed.
    Yet, they couldn’t single out one of the Squad members for their overtly antisemitic comments.

And people wonder why Trump’s support numbers went up after his ‘racist’ Tweet.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (07-17-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not giving you, the media, or the four congress women a pass for the things they have said in the past about the country. They have freedom to say it and they should also know people have a right to have an opinion on it. Trump reacted to what these four congresswomen said in the past and you are attempting to capitalize on his reaction.
    So you're giving Trump a pass for attacking 4 women of color
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

5. The Following User Groans At Mason Michaels For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-17-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Count me as one of those "lot of people are sick of the four congresswomen and the things that they said about this country."
    Well take heart lol.

I saw where there’s a Republican Jamaican immigrant AND woman challenger for AOC’s seat in 2020.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Omar was born in Mogadishu on October 4, 1982,[5][6] and spent her early years in Baidoa, Somalia.

She is not "from here."

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well take heart lol.

I saw where there’s a Republican Jamaican immigrant AND woman challenger for AOC’s seat in 2020.
    That's great.

It would be nice to have a person who loves America and puts America first representing that seat.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-17-2019)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    So you're giving Trump a pass for attacking 4 women of color
    Just as much as you're giving the four congress women(note I didn't say women of color) a pass for the things they have said about the country. Why do you feel the need to classify the congress women as "women of color" instead of congress women? Are they not members of congress? This is an example of the sick game of identity politics you and the media are playing for victimization.
    Last edited by Southern Chicken; 07-17-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Any person, white, green or purple who is a US Representative and is antisemitic and an America hater should be called out...and will be.

Thanks, President Trump, for doing so.
    Last edited by Earl; 07-17-2019 at 07:02 AM.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

How dare the untermenchen - let alone bloody women - criticise the Great Trumpf!

13. The Following User Groans At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-17-2019)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-17-2019)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    How dare the untermenchen - let alone bloody women - criticise the Great Trumpf!
    What did you do with your sock, Iolo, Nazi?

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Polly want a cracker View Post
    The President stepped into it this time:

"What did the resolution say?

The resolution "condemning President Trump's racist comments directed at Members of Congress" quoted US founding fathers and former presidents.

Immigration "has defined every stage of American history", it said, adding that "all Americans, except for the descendants of Native people and enslaved African-Americans, are immigrants or descendants of immigrants".

It also noted that patriotism is not defined by race or ethnicity, "but by devotion to the Constitutional ideals of equality, liberty, inclusion and democracy".

How significant is this?

There have been only four congressional votes to approve resolutions aimed at censuring or condemning a president, according to a 2018 report by the Congressional Research Service.

The last occasion was against William Howard Taft in 1912, when he was accused of trying to influence a disputed Senate election."

BBC: US House condemns Trump attacks on congresswomen as racist

"It passed by 240 votes to 187.

Four Republicans and the House's sole independent, former Republican lawmaker Justin Amash, joined all 235 Democrats to approve the resolution

The four Republicans were Texas congressman Will Hurd (the party's only African American representative), Brian Fitzpatrick (Pennsylvania), Fred Upton (Michigan) and Susan Brooks (Indiana).

Passing a resolution - which is a statement of opinion and not legally binding - criticising presidential conduct is very rare. "

Some Republicans tried to lash out at Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi for calling the tweets racist, but that was quickly quashed.
    What happened to your ban list?
    Every life matters

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    PoliTalker...as you can see, many just aren't capable of respectful, adult discussion. I'll stop back later to chat some more... but leave now before your very civil thread is ruined
    I wish more people could restrain their frustrations and avoid the temptation to dump that upon others, but that's not the world we live in. I applaud and relish in civility. I actually enjoy it so much that I spoil myself by only choosing to see the posts of those who can maintain mature decorum in the forum when addressing me.

I invite everyone to join me in blocking trolls. I know it is a highly idealistic vision, but if that were to occur, it would essentially create two forums. The one where people are good to each other, and the land of the ostracized who would be prevented from the main conversation, unable to join in, and only able to talk about the main conversation with other osctracizees. Of course, that will never happen because of the gray area between; in which some who are able to be polite when they are respected themselves, also can't resist joining in sometimes when they are not.

As these behaviors continue, some develop long standing and tremendously hurtful feuds which serve no purpose.

I also invite those who find themselves in such tormenting wastes of time, energy and soul, to rise above that. Find it in your heart to forgive. Transcend to the level of peace which comes with the ability to forgive all those who have wronged you. There is no need to say or admit that you were never wronged. The point is to get to that peace of mind which, when achieved, allows for much clearer thought, the mind being freed from pain and hurt.

There is also no need to have any make-up sessions with those you forgive. You don't even have to tell them. This can all be done within your own heart. There, it makes all the difference in the world. It frees up your energy for much more positive applications. If you can do this, you will thank yourself a thousand times over, and you will wonder how you ever survived before you did it.

As much as I disagree with President Trump and his mouth and tweeting fingers, I have already forgiven him. I am not one who thinks he hates the USA or is trying to destroy it. That makes no sense. He is driven by his own convictions which have been built up over a lifetime of pursuing his own goals. He does not respect himself, so he is unable to respect others. He could benefit greatly from the finest mental counseling available and, in a crude irony, is able to afford it but refuses to avail himself of that because his mental condition causes him to believe that he is incapable of making mistakes.

That's why this condemnation by the House hits him so hard. In his mind, he is perfect. He is incapable of making mistakes. He is all about image and the public perception. To him, the perception of things is more important than the substance. He is obsessed with public image and how things look to the public. So, to have him be publicly condemned for making a mistake of judgement is a very bad day for him. I would expect that nobody wants to be near the President today. It is a very good thing he is not a Queen who is in the habit of saying 'Off with his head!," or heads would be rolling today.

Public-image-man has been public-image-slapped.

This has got to have him stewing at least as badly as the day after that famous press conference in which President Obama made him out to be a complete fool, and the laughing stock of the world.

Shall we remember that moment now?

(with a Tee-Hee, I now proudly present this video, for your pleasure...)

I love the very first moment, where President Obama gets this look on his face and pauses for effect as he says "My ... Fellow Americans."

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Mason,

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    When you [TOP] post on any thread,it's ruined!
    "Good morning"
    That is not true. And it has nothing to do with politics.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

Interesting, you and the media are making it about "women of color" and not a matter of debate on policy. Why is that? A lot of people are sick of the four congresswomen and the things that they said about this country.
    The things they said have been getting rightful attention to ongoing problems perpetuated by a leader who fans the flames daily.

Trump doesn't like it when he is beaten at his own game by somebody who does it with way more class and conviction.

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Mason,

That is not true. And it has nothing to do with politics.
    You'll learn about that skank!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?