Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Condemned For Racist Tweets In Extremely Rare House Vote. Republicans Join In..

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Mason,

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    Oh I see,you're saying it was just a coincidence that the 4 women,Trump insulted were
    Women of color.
    Right on!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-17-2019), Southern Chicken (07-17-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    I am say you, the four congresswomen, and the media are over hyping that for political gain. It is obvious you are using identity politics and a lot of people are tired of it
    A lot more people are not. And if they were ever motivated to vote in the similar proportions of their actual numbers to the proportions of big money Republicans in their own groups, the country would be almost 100% true blue American.

I suspect the thing that bothers you most is the fear that this might actually happen in 2020.

Here's one for ya.

AOC will be old enough to become President in the 2024 election.

Just consider THAT possibility for a moment!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-17-2019)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Count me as one of those "lot of people are sick of the four congresswomen and the things that they said about this country."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (07-18-2019)

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Top of the day to you, TOP,

All due respect appreciated and gladly shared.

It makes a YUGE spiritual difference.

Trump's mouth has gotten him into trouble, now.

He has been officially cut down.

He thought he could say anything and get away with it.

The message has now been sent to the world that the official House of Representatives from all over the USA

DISAPPROVES Of THE PRESIDENT'S INCENDIARY MOUTH.

And Oh, what a pleasure it is to see that made official.

He has been publicly face-slapped.

About TIME!
    Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA), now known as the Ringo Starr of the so-called "Squad," is, like the other members of her far-left girl group, a raging bigot. While they go into spasms of outrage over President Trump's stupid tweet, we must bear in mind that, when it comes to denouncing bigotry, none of these four have a leg to stand on — especially Pressley, who now proudly owns one of the most absurdly bigoted statements we've heard from an American politician in decades.

Speaking at a progressive political convention a few days ago, Pressley launched into a diatribe that would surely end her career if she belonged to a different political party or political movement. To the sound of exuberant applause, the new Ringo declared: “We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice. We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice. We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice.”

Are you as offended by this?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (07-17-2019)

9. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not giving you, the media, or the four congress women a pass for the things they have said in the past about the country. They have freedom to say it and they should also know people have a right to have an opinion on it. Trump reacted to what these four congresswomen said in the past and you are attempting to capitalize on his reaction.
    And I hope all the political capital possible comes from that.

Trump can't gain any more following.

AOC CAN.

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-17-2019)

11. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Hello Southern Chicken,

The things they said have been getting rightful attention to ongoing problems perpetuated by a leader who fans the flames daily.

Trump doesn't like it when he is beaten at his own game by somebody who does it with way more class and conviction.
    They have been saying negative things about this country. It should be no surprise when someone responds.

"Trump doesn't like it when he is beaten at his own game by somebody who does it with way more class and conviction."

Neither one of us are mind readers to make such a statement. I will chalk this up to being your opinion.
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

Earl (07-17-2019)

13. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Yet, they couldn’t single out one of the Squad members for their overtly antisemitic comments.

And people wonder why Trump’s support numbers went up after his ‘racist’ Tweet.
    The House is completely within it's rights to take up a vote to condemn United States Congresswoman Omar. But it never happened. Because she never said anything antisemitic. She did rightly point out that the antisemitic card is played a bit too loosely in some cases, and is getting so worn at the edges it can be seen coming...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-17-2019)

15. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well take heart lol.

I saw where there’s a Republican Jamaican immigrant AND woman challenger for AOC’s seat in 2020.
    AOC is so popular I would be pretty surprised if she could be unseated as an incumbent.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-17-2019)

17. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And I hope all the political capital possible comes from that.

Trump can't gain any more following.

AOC CAN.
    AOC agrees with you.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ion-of-reality

"New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sharply condemned a poll recently cited by President Trump showing the freshman congresswoman appeals favorably to only 21% of poll participants. "

I guess the media has some work to do
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

Earl (07-17-2019), TOP (07-17-2019)

19. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    How dare the untermenchen - let alone bloody women - criticise the Great Trumpf!
    Ahhh, thanks for the lesson.

Had to look that one up:

"Untermensch (German pronunciation: [ˈʔʊntɐˌmɛnʃ], underman, sub-man, subhuman; plural: Untermenschen) is a term that became infamous when the Nazis used it to describe non-Aryan "inferior people" often referred to as "the masses from the East", that is Jews, Roma, and Slavs – mainly Poles, Serbs, and later also Russians.[1][2] The term was also applied to Blacks, Mulattos and Finn-Asian.[3] Jewish people were to be exterminated[4] in the Holocaust, along with the Polish and Romani people, and the physically and mentally disabled.[5][6] According to the Generalplan Ost, the Slavic population of East-Central Europe was to be reduced in part through mass murder in the Holocaust, with a majority expelled to Asia and used as slave labor in the Reich. These concepts were an important part of the Nazi racial policy.[7] "

-wiki

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (07-18-2019)

21. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

AOC is so popular I would be pretty surprised if she could be unseated as an incumbent.

Popular doesn't equal following in a favorable view. Ocasio-Cortez was recognized by 74% of voters in a poll; 22% had a favorable view.

22. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Omar:

Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.
    Twitter feed [4] (Nov 16, 2012)
    Omar later regretted making this tweet, describing it as 'unfortunate'.[4]
    It's all about the Benjamins baby.
    Alleging that American politicians get paid to support Israel, in response to journalist Glenn Greenwald. 10 February 2019
    I am told every day that I am anti-American if I am not pro-Israel. I find that to be problematic and I am not alone. I just happen to be willing to speak up on it and open myself to attacks.
    3 March 2019
    I am sure @AOC and every member of Congress who cares about children will sign on. Super proud of @BettyMcCollum04 for her leadership on this issue
    12 June 2019 regarding H.R 2407 (introduced 30 April 2019) of the 116th Congress (Promoting Human Rights for Palestinian Children Living Under Israeli Military Occupation Act) previously known as H.R. 4391 (Promoting Human Rights by Ending Israeli Military Detention of Palestinian Children Act) as part of the 115th Congress, introduced November 2017. Highlighted 14 June 2019

This traitor and antisemite who hates America, supports Hamas, a terrorist organization that controls the so-called Palestinians.

23. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

“Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., has been in Congress two months. Despite the brevity of her career, the House is already taking its second vote to condemn her anti-Semitic conduct without actually mentioning her name.

Omar’s hateful and false insinuations about secret and powerful Jewish conspiracies, spread to the wrong quarters, are just the sort that lead to hate crimes and synagogue massacres, a fact to which the congressional resolution clearly alludes.

It is mildly heartening to see the House, despite being controlled by Omar’s party, issue a retort to her vile prejudices, but the retort is painfully weak. And it is not at all encouraging to see that Omar, unlike Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, has faced no consequences for her bigotry, despite causing so much trouble in Congress already.”
    Washingtonexaminer.com

24. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Southern Chicken,

They have been saying negative things about this country.
    Hello. The country is not perfect. The only way to improve is to identify the areas which require improvement, then set about a plan to fix those things.

It needs to be realized that people who love America are also able to see that it is not perfect, and to be able to try to make it better.

Despite what Trump fans believe, America was great before Trump took office. America is a great country. That was often said in the past before Trump. The majority of the nation actually do not believe that President Trump has made America any greater. Many believe that Trump has hurt America. It's all a matter of perspective. WE all have our points of view. Great country, eh?

Trump fans are mostly likely to respond that America is great now that Trump has had his way with things. That's a bit absurd, because his main campaign theme was to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. He has done neither, but Trump despite his failures to do those things, Trump fans still respond that America is great now. Well, duh. It was great before Trump took office!

It should be no surprise when someone responds.
    Not surprised at all. Expected.

"Trump doesn't like it when he is beaten at his own game by somebody who does it with way more class and conviction."

Neither one of us are mind readers to make such a statement. I will chalk this up to being your opinion.
    To which we are both entitled. And I have a feeling that today, more people are sharing mine than yours.

25. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-17-2019)

26. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

“In the time since Omar’s forced apologies for her original outbursts, she has both said explicitly and shown through her conduct that she is not at all sorry for her rhetoric and conspiracy theories. As she put it, she only “apologized for the way that my words made people feel,” not for their bigoted content.

The truth is that she is not ashamed of her anti-Semitism. She wears it as a badge of honor. Her antipathy toward Jews, like that of many on the Left, has its roots partly in the Cold War tribalism of those who sided with Russia and Arab nations against America and Israel and partly in the virulent and noxious anti-Semitism that is a stain on so much of the Muslim world.

There should be no partisanship on this issue. People who disagree on politics should agree that the scapegoating of Jews for society’s problems is unacceptable and leads to violence.

Omar's fellow Democrats, especially her party leaders, need to stop rewarding her crocodile tears by posing with her on the cover of Rolling Stone and letting her keep her plum committee assignment on Foreign Affairs. Omar is what she is: an embarrassment to her district and to her party. She is an ideologically hardened Jew hater. Every politician hoping to have a future should feel the need.”
    washingtonexaminer.com

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

TOP (07-17-2019)