Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: How Feds control this country?

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 9 Posts

30. Monitor and be monitored

In 1998, I read a book 'Study abroad in US'.( Chinese edition ) Author Qian Ning was a Chinese student studying 'News media ' in US. He visited many Chinese students during school vacation and wrote this book. He wrote, that most Chinese students said they felt US was a democratic country. They didn't feel that they were monitored by American government. Anyhow, there was exception. A man insisted that government monitoring foreign students. He had such an experience. Once he would take a vacation back to China. The night before his leaving, he told his wife (or friend?) to pack for their journey. "Take care, there is top secret documents inside." He said. That was a joke. Next day in airport, His luggage was searched thoroughly. He knew it was his joke caused it. Had he not made that joke, he would have joined that majority and won't say that foreign students were monitored.

Even Wen Ho Lee, once was thought a spy suspect, has been a government informant as well as his wife. They reported the contact of their Chinese counterpart. I think that was why Lee was cooperative at first, talk everything with laugh to agents until he was threatened by FBI agent that if he would not admit he was a spy he could be sentenced to death. Since then he was silenced. This remind me of the two black girls who were placed in dangerous position, (see '18. Portable microwave shooting instrument' ) I think they thought they worked for law enforcement agency without knowing the truth. Lee was lucky to get a good lawyer. Otherwise there was possibility he was still in jail. But compare to Ron and Mrs. Churchill, they were much better. Ron and Mrs. Churchill could never have dreamed of that they died in hands of people they worked for.

2. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 9 Posts

31. Extortion

Former FBI director Hoover held large quantity of black material of Presidents and Senators. With these material he blackmailed the politicians. That's why he could stay at that post as long as he wished.

In leuwinsky scandal, Linda Trip provided Starr's office with 20 hours secretly taped phone conversation in which Leuwinsky talked about her affairs with Clinton. She also instructed Leuwinsky kept the jacket which contaminated Clinton's sperm. Trip didn't get any advantage from it. From my point of view, it was obviously much more a purposed intelligent practice than the relationship of friends. An insistent eavesdropping and evidence searching. Mr. Hoover used to use this kind of material to extort.

In 2000, Mr.Ashcroft competed for US Senator of Missouri. The death of his rival former Governor Carnahan in an airplane crash reminded me of the accidental death of a Disneyland executive several years ago. Anyhow, voters chose the widow of his rival rather then him. I said to myself, 'it may be an coincidence, don't be oversensitive.' Then he was nominated as General Attorney of Justice. This is a post supervising Federal law enforcement agency, a VIP post . I then thought in different way. It seemed like if they could not have someone being a senator, they would sent him to a post which supervising them. Newspaper said Ashcroft is an extreme rightist. His nomination was protested by many civil right organizations. Democratic Party said they would stop him by filibuster. But I knew from beginning, if the nomination was decided by President and senators, then however absurd it was, FBI could get it through.

I started to post in internet in Sept. 2000. I suffered my first 'close for post' on the day Mr. Ashcroft passed his nomination. Here is a comment I posted in 'Washingtonpost.com':

"From: KATHAKSUNG Feb-6 2:07 pm To: Kayaker (KSWENSON3) unread 1572 of 1721 1588.1572 in reply to 1588.3 T

The mainstream America will be censorship on internet?
    I have a thread:" Law enforcement, a threaten to U.S. democracy" in several forums. My discussion generally went OK, though be harassed sometimes. On Jan. 31, there was a big wave of attack at my sites: failing to post in 'Csmonitor'; topic being blocked away from readers in many forums; "Foxnews" was closed until today. In 'Independent argument', I was personally closed for posting. In an inquiry e-mail I asked " Is this a kind of censorship?" Their reply:"Yes,that is correct. Independent editors reserve the right....". It is not a coincidence. Ashcroft was admitted by senator committee that day with votes 10:8. as Federal Attorney General and 58:42 next day in senators. It is an outstanding signal that law enforcement agent can abuse their power to censor media, frame innocent people."

I thought the success of nomination inspired them to abuse their power in internet.