Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes unalienable rights “unalienable?”

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jefferson's statement in the DoI are not binding on the Constitution.

End of subject.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    Amendments to the constitution can ONLY redefine powers to the government...........on another note, you are somewhat right....that only MEN/WOMEN can guarantee our rights.
    ONLY men & women can deny your rights, proving humans have no inherent justice in their souls! Individual rights are unalienable. Mankind is endowed by their "CREATOR" by certain unalienable rights. Our founders believed and agreed, I'll set my position with those founding geniuses & leave human justice to the fools!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,764 Times in 33,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    They preexisted man, guess you missed the Platonic reference, part of the natural world, Locke didn't say God given, nor did the Founding Fathers, you are defining "creator" in terms of your current religious understanding

Why does your God take precedent over another's image of God?
    Exactly!

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Dispute the claim, cunt.

There are no unalienable rights. There are no natural rights. There is no creator in the Constitution.

Willfully ignorant moron.
    Your Mommy's calling you child!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Exactly!
    You know so much, explain to the class WHO you know "my god" is!

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    What preexisted man, unalienable rights? Preexisted man by what authority?

“Natural world” as created by? Did Plato identify the creator?

On the contrary! How do you know who, or if I even believe in a “god?” Did I mention a god aside from leaving that identity to others?

I’m simply arguing that our founders most apparently agreed that “unalienable” rights are “endowed” i.e. “guaranteed” by a higher power than mankind. How we identify that higher power is absolutely determined by how we as individuals determine “WHO” i.e. “WHAT” that higher power is.

Why have you made that determination?
    See you never read Plato, they would be part of his realm of absolutes, as would any "creator," Locke would later imply that the natural world where men's rights existed

Your whole narrative leads to a Christian understanding of God, which from there you applied to justify a quasi theocratic state, the exact thing the Founding Fathers wanted to avoid

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think you ask a very good question.

It is only guaranteed by a national agreement as in the founding, that humankind is endowed/guaranteed with individual unalienable rights by a power higher than themselves. Name that power, the “creator” or by any other name the power is “JUSTICE.” Only as long as the nation’s majority believe that, does the nation have the possibility of justice & liberty, otherwise, Other Men in governing power will own our lives, our property, our liberty & deny our pursuit of happiness.
    So then it is the will of the ppl that fulfill/backup the guarantee? Not the "Creator" or government?
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This statement is made from complete ignorance. If I raised a child to believe that cannibalism is okay, they would believe it is okay. Morality is taught, it is not inherent.

If this painfully dumb claim were connected to reality, we would not need criminal laws.
    TAUGHT..........taught from what? from who? My parents didn't go to church, and I only went for a few months, but I know right from wrong............and it wasn't learned from a church that had a pedophile as it's pastor

How does one know what a right is if not defined?
    the founders have many statements about the rights of the people and that there is no 'list' of them............

The Constitution is a document that attempts to guarantee them; but as we all know, in life, there are no guarantees. The belief in a higher moral order is far beyond that of mere men and Governments. It is what defined our Constitution and the principles it contains. That is what was meant by unalienable rights as defined by God fearing men.
    the constitution is a legal document that provides the framework of the federal government. end of story.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Our rights are not guaranteed by men and women. They are defined at a much higher level.
    guaranteed and defined are two different things/issues in constitutional context.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    All rights are alienable. And the words about men being equal and possessing rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness were lies before the ink was dry.

Gullible dumbfuck.
    we're all still waiting for you to produce ANY historical documentation that exposes Madisons collusion that has him saying 'fucked ya' to the people at large during ratification

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Constitution is our "warranty," our "guarantee" in writing of our rights.
    again, the constitution is nothing more than a legal document that provides the framework and powers/responsibilities of the newly created federal government

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Every time our institutions delivered justice based on the principle of individual rights as guaranteed by a power higher than ourselves.
    the courts are not made from God, nor do they represent God. they are administered by man and judged by man

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I contend unalienable rights are guaranteed by a power of “right” & “wrong” higher than any mental ability inherent in humankind. I contend that the founders in majority accepted & agreed on that concept/principle. I believe & find evidence that America is & was founded on the proposition that “all men are created equal & endowed by their “CREATOR” with “CERTAIN” unalienable rights.” If you know differently, I’m interested.
    so when an innocent person is convicted in a court of God, he was on lunch break????

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ONLY men & women can deny your rights, proving humans have no inherent justice in their souls! Individual rights are unalienable. Mankind is endowed by their "CREATOR" by certain unalienable rights. Our founders believed and agreed, I'll set my position with those founding geniuses & leave human justice to the fools!
    so if man/woman/men/women can deny rights, they are also the only guarantor of those rights as well, thus we have a jury of our peers

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Jefferson's statement in the DoI are not binding on the Constitution.

End of subject.
    the DoI contains the many violations of our inalienable rights by the king, thus defining our reasons for declaring independence..........so the DoI actually does have some binding on the constitution